Author Topic: Physical Violence - sexist?  (Read 921 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Physical Violence - sexist?
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:05:50 AM »
Who else think men should be able to hit women who deserve it without being labelled etc?

I mean, a lot of people don't care if a bird whollops a man.

I mean, Doesn't seem fair, even if men are stronger, some women can be complete jerks.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
Re: Physical Violence - sexist?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:08:10 AM »
Self-defence is OK if she hits you between the legs, other it's just silly since men have bigger musclemass and can build bigger muclemass. On the other hand, if it is a girl that could actually take you down, then sure, hit her. When you are the stronger person, I don't think you have anything to prove. Just grow up and solve it like adults without using violence.
Booyah.

GalileoAce

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:46:29 AM »
Who else think men should be able to hit women who deserve it without being labelled etc?
I mean, a lot of people don't care if a bird whollops a man.
I mean, Doesn't seem fair, even if men are stronger, some women can be complete jerks.

Violence begets violence?
Physical violence against anyone, male or female is wrong. I've often said that I would hit a female given sufficient provocation...But I doubt that now..I haven't been violent toward another person for years... And whilst I will defend myself, defence doesn't have to be violent.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:50:08 AM »
Never had a problem with it.

I mean, IF violence is ever justified,
I see no reason why anyone should
be exempted, carte blanche, just
because of some issue of fairness.

GalileoAce

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:59:42 AM »
Never had a problem with it.

I mean, IF violence is ever justified,
I see no reason why anyone should
be exempted, carte blanche, just
because of some issue of fairness.

I think I can agree with that... If you want to attack someone physically you should expect the same in return. But violence is rarely the answer.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:00:56 AM »
Violence seems like insanity,
to me.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 05:01:39 AM »
Self-defence is OK if she hits you between the legs, other it's just silly since men have bigger musclemass and can build bigger muclemass. On the other hand, if it is a girl that could actually take you down, then sure, hit her. When you are the stronger person, I don't think you have anything to prove. Just grow up and solve it like adults without using violence.

Why should it matter how strong the girl is?

I mean, if a girl approached you on the street, and was a total bitch to you for no reason and started shoving you, I don't see why you shouldn't shove her back, no matter how small and fragile she is.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 05:06:11 AM »
No. I wouldn't do that.
Nor would I, to a guy though.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56:45 AM »
I don't - under any provocation. In fact if she is causing me aggravation and has a male friend "backing her up" or supporting her, I am liable to try to take him on so I do have something to hit. He can persuade her to stop or she can choose to stop or he can go home sorer for the experience.

To answer the question of whether it is sexist? Sure it is! Do some women exploit it? Yup.

My ex in Mediation with our divorce mentioned that I was "aggressive" which the Mediator was happy to accept. I questioned her.

Me: Have I ever hit you?
Her : No
Me: Have I ever slapped you?
Her: No
Me: Have I ever kick you?
Me: Have I ever pushed you?
Me: Have I ever even called you a "bad name"
Her: No...but the way you look and your tone of voice...
The female Mediator at this point glared in astonishment at her like she had just grown two extra heads.

With the latest court case when she denied access to my kids again similar claims of being aggressive and hostile came out. Why? Because it is easily believed and I am male and the judge bought it.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Soph

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 11:05:56 AM »
I think it should depend on how weak they are compared to you, regardless of what sex they are. I wouldn't hit someone who was obviously less strong than I am. But then maybe I am a hypocrite as I wouldn't hit a girl anyway.

richard

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 12:04:06 PM »
i think it should be allowed only if the woman is a trifling hoochie momma out for daddys money or creates baby momma drama

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
I'm not dumb enough to start an actual physical altercation because I know I would get my ass handed to me, so it sort of gets moot.  If I yell at someone, yelling back could be justified (or leaving, etc)- hitting in response to yelling would NOT be.  I thus fail to see any scenario in which a man would be justified in actually hitting me.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
Once, when I was a teenager, there was a girl that told me she'd beat the crap out of me if I tried to enter my car (I had been drinking). So she ended up attacking me. Besides being a really retarded way to act towards someone whom you think is drunk, well, no, that really is just a stupid way to act towards someone that you think is drunk.

I guess in theory it's not cool that women can attack us without worrying about any realistic repercussions, but realistically you can pretty much always restrain them if you wanted to. Maybe there should be a special clause in that law relating to muscley-women.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »
Violence is something people resort to when they can't win an argument.    I haven't been in any situations with either of my exs where I couldn't just get up and leave the room.   It never escalated with either of them past just arguing.    I have never been hit by a woman or anything, my first girlfriend did throw stuff at me one time though.    She was just doing that because she knew that she was wrong, and that was the only thing she could do to me.    My mother has slapped me before, but I would never hit her lol.

I have seen some big ass women before, that if they became violent, I would have no choice but to fight back probably.   Fortunately there aren't many female rugby players out there looking to punch dudes for no reason.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
Violence is something people resort to when they can't win an argument.

Sometimes it's just a preferred method of interaction.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.