Author Topic: flamed a spammer  (Read 493 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: flamed a spammer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
Garmonbozia, do you remember the spammer's name, by any chance?

Jenny somebody.  She's with some university over in the UK and was probing for parents' input for some pamphlet she was writing.

Which university?

:laugh:
Meh, I was asking because half my college seems to be named Jenny :P

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
I don't recall which university at the moment. 

I just know that she got on there and announced that 1) she does ABA, and 2) she said she was working on some sort of certification so she could specialize in Asperger's.  Basically, the perfect troll, because that seemed to be the perfect fit to annoy the crap out of everyone on AFF.  (Most there hate ABA, and don't particularly care for NTs becoming AS experts.)  One could be just as stupid and obnoxious by walking into a synagogue dressed as a Nazi storm trooper.

Remembering how my own parents fought like hell to keep quacks like that away from me as I was growing up, and wondering how many others there have been whose parents have taken the bait, I felt like it was almost my duty to flame her.  The actual exchange of nastiness took place by regular e-mail (using my anonymous web-mail account).  Though she was all snippy-snooty in her response, she did say she's never going back to that site again.  I was satisfied with that.  I deleted her response so as not to be tempted to respond back with increasingly nasty flames.

I'd imagine that if anyone had been allowed to hack my brain when I was young and vulnerable, I probably wouldn't have degrees in engineering and computer science today.  No, I'd probably be working at McDonald's if not locked up somewhere.  (I work for the government.)  This shit really creeps me out.  Ever been in a near-miss to a car accident?  It's a similar feeling.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
One could be just as stupid and obnoxious by walking into a synagogue dressed as a Nazi storm trooper.

Actually, I'd say more like wandering into
a KKK meeting, when black, from what you've
described, and my knowledge of THAT site.  :laugh:

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 09:44:33 PM »
Some further thoughs...

The hag's response started with "Whatever!" and ended with "I am not going back to that site so do NOT contact me again."  I figure there was an unspoken threat in there, particularly with her spelling the word "not" in all caps, with the intention of deterring any further response from me.  As far as I'm concerned, that alone would warrant a "Go fuck yourself!" right smack-dab in the subject line, but I decided to let that one go.  Figuring, the fight could go on indefinitely, reaching further depths of immaturity with each iteration.

Do y'all think this was even slightly effective at demoralizing the quack?  I figure that after enough, some in that field might have an "I've had it!  I quit!" breakdown and seek employment in a more respectable field, like prostitution for example.

After all, it's psychological warfare.  What's a little demoralizing gesture like a rude e-mail compared to an all-out assault on kids' minds?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:34:45 PM by garmonbozia »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
Yeah. Always a good idea to antagonize researchers,
rather than simply sharing your views. ::)

richard

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »
you couldnt give me free beer for a lifetime to post on that awful message board