Educational

Author Topic: Close all grammar schools?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Close all grammar schools?
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:20 PM »
lol clear you didn't go to gramma school, Kosmo. :laugh:

prolly misspelled your name on the potition. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Soph

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
gramma skoolz R kool

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »
they teach you how to play bingo. and clean your dentures. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

The_P

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »

Pretty much. Are you going to sign the petition.

Perhaps, had you paid more attention in grammar
school, you'd realize that a question mark went at the
end of your second sentence, and not a period.

Of course, Pea would insist that you'd only learn that
in punctuation school.  :laugh:

No, I wouldn't. Try again.

Grammar & punctuation are separated for a reason. When I'm correcting a clause, I am not correcting your punctuation, now am I?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:04:26 AM by The Black Knight »

The_P

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 08:07:59 AM »
I would abolish these stupid exams and gramma schools.
I have signed the potition.
I would recommend reading "Lila :an inquiry into morals" by R Pirszig. I have nothing else to add than has not been said in this book.

Kosmo loathes making lengthy posts on a topic anyway.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2007, 08:14:05 AM »
education in this country is shit yes.
closing grammar schools wont do much though, theyve already been gone for quite some time in most areas, and education there is still as shit.
Closing grammar schools would be a great help, by not creaming off the top quartile, and giving out the best teachers to those who dont really need them. The step is symbolic as the start of a much better system. If a quartile needs taking out, it should be the bottom one, where they can be given a more intensive education to get them back on track.
the 'bottom' ones are often the ones that just cant be arsed to do the work and piss about with their friends every night instead of doing any work. kids like that ARE usually given extra help in most schools, which is then unfair on the ones who WANT to work
Total bullshit. I know quite a fair few people (some very good friends of mine) who would have failed the 11+ by quite a way if they were allowed to take it, have worked hard in the 7 years after it, gotten straight A's at A-level, and gone off now to a top uni on a course alot more competitive to get on than the one you are studying. By the way, people get excluded just as often from grammars as they do state schools, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The reason you like grammars is you feel you are above everyone else, or should be, so you think you should get special treatment. I doubt there is any good arguement for why you deserve better treatment, if you have it then fire away...

i also know a fair few people who failed the 11+ and put in a lot of effort in the school they ended up at. i didnt say ALL of them are. i said a lot of them are. there were three schools in my area: my school (grammar) and two others: a boys school full of antisocial arseholes and a girls school full of stupid sluts. obviously there are exceptions, but in my case, thats how the majority of them were.

and i dont know why youre trying to being me into this personally.
"a lot more competitive than the one you are studying"
what does that haver to do with it?
ive wanted to do history since i was 6 or 7 years old, regardess of how competitive it was, i'd still have applied for this course. and youre now saying these people got into top-tier universities without a grammar school education. so why cant the rest?

i dont know what youre talknig about exclusions anyway. i never mentioned ggetting excluded. and youre wrong about my particular school if you think just as many got excluded from there as did from the other schools. not many people got excluded or even suspended at my school, plenty did at the others though. and i dont even live in a rough area.

and dont fucking tell me why i think this or why i think that. you have no idea what my reasons are. i dont feel im better than anyone else. and i dont 'like' grammar schools. if you must know, i absolutely despise my school

Given your implication that the "local dump" is basically full of scum, its pretty damn obvious where you are coming from. As for course, if you were as good as my friend who would have failed the 11+, try getting onto history at Durham.

Soph

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2007, 08:15:54 AM »
i dont want to go to durham so why would i do that?
and my A levels were shit so i probably wouldn't have got in there anyway
it is mostly full of scum anyway, i live here, i think i have a better idea of this than you do

The_P

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »
After I get a job (part-time), I'm going back into college to do my A Levels.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:55:46 PM by The Black Knight »

Soph

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »
if i hadnt got into uni i would probably have gone back to do my a-levels and actually done the work and gone in.
they dont matter now im at uni though, which is good

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2007, 08:52:31 AM »
i dont want to go to durham so why would i do that?
and my A levels were shit so i probably wouldn't have got in there anyway
it is mostly full of scum anyway, i live here, i think i have a better idea of this than you do
The point was that you would have no chance of getting in, they reject people with straight A's more often than Oxford does for the same course. Its your attitude that people less intelligent than yourself are scum that is the problem, face it you are being little more than a snob.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 08:53:52 AM »
After I get a job (part-time), I'm going back to college to do my A Levels.
Cool. Any idea what subjects you want to go for?

duncvis

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »
a point for hadron which he may not be aware of:

not all people who arent smart are wankers, but most teenage wankers ARE thick cunts. there is definitely a relationship between being an abusive, lazy, violent arsewipe and being brain dead. If you doubt this, fel free to engage the nearest group of hoodie-clad fucktards and expound to them your theory.

manchester, like most northern cities, is full of stupid, antisocial, unemployable cunts. fact. it is not snobbery to point this out.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2007, 10:18:57 AM »
why are they so stupid? it's like Hollyoaks is it?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

The_P

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »
a point for hadron which he may not be aware of:

not all people who arent smart are wankers, but most teenage wankers ARE thick cunts. there is definitely a relationship between being an abusive, lazy, violent arsewipe and being brain dead. If you doubt this, fel free to engage the nearest group of hoodie-clad fucktards and expound to them your theory.

manchester, like most northern cities, is full of stupid, antisocial, unemployable cunts. fact. it is not snobbery to point this out.

+

Bristol has its share of antisocial cuntfuckery as well.

duncvis

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »
yeah but no but and oi didnt do nuthin so shut up innit?