Author Topic: A question for the ladies (yeah, this title's been done, deal with it)  (Read 207 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
A question to the ladies here who can actually tell when their monthly cycle corresponds with non-period woes:  Do any of you guys ever have issues with dry skin on a regular basis that syncs with your cycle?  This last week I've had miserable issues with dry skin (like, losing sleep becaus of itchiness), on my shoulders and upper chest, and a little on my face (i.e. the areas I use retin-a, but last time this happened, when I decided to temporarily stop using the retin-a, it actually made it worse).  The last time I had this happen... was a month ago.  So I was wondering.  I know your skin can be more ooily'prone to breakouts.

It's also corresponding with a big pile of schoolwork, though, and also with a major weather change (it's gotten a lot colder reaslly fast, I think).  So I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:50:19 AM by fkng srius »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: A question for the ladies (yeah, this title's been done, deal with it)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »
i have no sense of time so i dunno. i do get dry skin regularly, i think. on my hands. but it might be me washing them. but that might be from PMS. my OCD gets worse when i'm PMSsing. right now my hands are dry and a little itchy and mom complains that they are all red and i'm sick in the head. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »
My skin get dry after bathing, showering and during the winter.
Booyah.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »
Yes - my eczema typically gets worse during my period, and one of the symptoms is dry skin. It also gets worse during stress, so for all I know it's just the extra stress on my system from the period that causes the flareup. Extra stress from other sources certainly makes it worse too.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »
Thanks.

And I'm showering twice a day now (I kinda need to in order to wake up, but then I do cardio and really really need to at least rinse again), but I usually feel a lot better after showering.  I use a lot of eucarin, though; maybe that compensates a little bit.  I also have a humidifier running all the time.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.