Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6282 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2007, 03:46:54 AM »
There are things to be respected about Islam.
Like, they're tremendous ability to take a joke.  :wanker:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2007, 03:49:56 AM »
lol.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Teejay

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2007, 05:51:43 AM »
Don't generalise, Peter. This is about fucked-up Sudan authorities, teacher colleagues holding grudges, and fundamentalist views among some. Not every Muslim is like that.

One teacher said: "I had no problem with it at all. I know Gillian and she would never have meant it as an insult. I was just impressed she got them to vote." Another source said it was believed that a teacher with a grudge against Ms Gibbons brought the case to a head.

It is not just the authorities, there were popular protests calling for the woman's punishment for defaming Islam (along with popular protests and riots after those Scandinavian newspapers published cartoons of Muhammad), odd since the Muslims protesting are willing to name their sons Muhammad. Contrast that with Protestants who refrain from naming their sons Jesus.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2007, 10:27:34 AM »
i'd name my teddy Jesus. Teddy Bears do no evil.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »
And this is relevant because...?

Their prophet's legitimacy is crap, which in turn makes Islam itself crap.    Their respect for the name and image of Mohammed is a false one, as his own prophethood is not even legit.   Basically they are morons, just like anyone who would throw a hissy fit over the image of Yahweh or Jesus.
Luckily you don't get to define the legitimacy of any prophet, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise. I'd encourage you to discuss your views with a representative of the Muslim population, however. Maybe they have the patience to explain the finer points to you.
Lucky for me, as I wouldn't want the burden of naming some psychopath like Mohammed as a prophet (he was a military leader that killed many people and screwed 12 year old girls lol).   The legitimacy that he claims to have is based on a Christian Monk, and that type of symbol has NEVER been associated with a prophet in Judeo-Christian history (Abrahamic lineage).   That makes it bullshit.  I have talked to Muslims before, and there really isn't anything to prove and no evidence (other than his supposed ascension in front of 400 people) that makes Mohammed special.
I'm sorry but I have to say that Mohammed was a great man, maybe a bit of a loony but he was a good person. The thing that made Mohammed special was that he, of all people, became a great religious leader and the founder of a world religion (and he talked with an angel).

Muhammed did many great things for female and female rights, altough today it might not seem like he did much for women but before Muhammed showed up people would marry up to 20 women and didn't really care for them. Muhammed made a law that said that if you can treat your women equally and care for them all they can marry up to 3 women. But then they most have the money to support them, give dem clothing and food and all that.
 The thing with Islam is that it, just like many other religions, believe in gender roles, men should be out and work while the woman take care of the home, but it is allowed for a female to work as long as she does her duties at home.
 Both women and men are incouraged to study.
Since the female role is in the home, she is mostly economically dependent on the male persons in her family or her husbands family but if she works her money belongs to her but only to her. No one can take that away from her and she doesn't have to care economically for her children.
 In the Qu'ran both male and females should dress respectable infront of God.
Even though it's preferable for a women to be a virgin before she marries, it's just because there is a rule that only pure men and women can marry each other. They basicly share the thought of many christians that thinks it's a sacred thing. Now stop being so prejudiced against Islam and muslims.

Oh, and by the way, the muslims I know are the most kind, caring and generous people of everyone I know, and without them I would be lost and probably depressed. They have done so much for me and they have welcomed me even though I'm not religious and my slutty reputation. They even welcomed my homosexual friend.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:07:35 AM by Joe Hill »
Booyah.

The_P

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2007, 11:24:48 AM »
Good post, Fruitcake. +

And I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with fucking people for the sake of sex.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:29:14 AM by The_P »

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2007, 12:01:17 PM »
I have no problem with peoples religious or moral beliefs as long as they don't try to make me believe in the same thing. Unfortunately I've met many christians that tries to convert me but muslims have just accepted me for who I am even though they find it odd that I don't believe in a God.
Booyah.

richard

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2007, 12:17:30 PM »
There are things to be respected about Islam.
Like, they're tremendous ability to take a joke.  :wanker:
:laugh:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2007, 06:29:22 PM »
If they were smart, they'd start worshiping the damned teddy bear. Teddy bears don't incite people to perform executions based on the name someone gives a teddy bear. Teddy bears just sit and be cute.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »
If they were smart, they'd start worshiping the damned teddy bear. Teddy bears don't incite people to perform executions based on the name someone gives a teddy bear. Teddy bears just sit and be cute.
You don't know the right Teddy bear
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2007, 08:06:04 PM »
I prefer the teddy bears I know.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »
Those muslims that I've known in the US
(other than the Nation of Islam type, which
WAS the most common once), tend to be
very reasonable people. I think this comes from
being in a minority which is so small, and on the
edge, however. ANY group of like people, when
they begin to operate primarily in their own communities,
seems to become very close minded, insular, and
completely unforgiving of those who differ.

Humans are herd animals.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 12:55:10 AM »

i've worshipped teddies since i was a kid. i had a ton of teddies and plushies and couldn't even breathe through my nose. :P i still have the elite group with me that i carry around. when i packed to move to Ireland i tossed my teddies in the suitcase and my computer. lol that's like my most important posessions.

teddies are always nice and never judge. :)
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »
Those muslims that I've known in the US
(other than the Nation of Islam type, which
WAS the most common once), tend to be
very reasonable people. I think this comes from
being in a minority which is so small, and on the
edge, however. ANY group of like people, when
they begin to operate primarily in their own communities,
seems to become very close minded, insular, and
completely unforgiving of those who differ.

Humans are herd animals.

:agreed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2007, 06:57:01 AM »
Like I said before in the extreme all religions tend to get wacky I have met both in Muslims they are people too and run the full spectrum of some real nut jobs who I am sure are on the terrorist watch lists to just the regular guy who you would not mind as a neighbor.  The problem in many of the Muslim countries  is they have no exposer to anything but the hard liners who like their positions of power and do almost anything to keep them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw