Author Topic: Are you racist?  (Read 5694 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Are you racist?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »
I hate the human race

Why be so limited?

The_P

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
I hate the human race

Welcome to the club of misanthropy!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »
I was teased a lot when I was younger for having red hair and pale skin. Is this a form of racism?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
Perhaps it's from having them as friends that these people come to realise that the stereotypes have truth in them, and that there are good reasons to be prejudiced against certain groups.  I have Swedish friends who know from first-hand experience that the local Gypsies really do shoplift at the drop of a hat (they have some sort of pouch in those big skirts that they can drop things into), and that the Middle-Eastern, Russian and eastern European immigrants really do form violent criminal gangs (but they're friends with them, and are thus protected).
Well I'm Swedish and I say that my local Gypsies OWNS a shop (they always have a large sale  :)), and Middle-Eastern immigrants are known for their big hearts and hospitality (I love going home to my Middle-Eastern friends!), the russians I know have a thing for drinking and making everyone laugh by telling bad jokes (And then they get laugh attacks which is almost impossible to stop!) and Eastern Europeans usually end up as goth and emo (nothing wrong with them really, well, at least not with the goth). Altough a few of them might be in gangs, I know more inbred Swedish guys that's in gangs.

Perhaps it's because they live in one of Sweden's major slum areas that their experiences are less than stellar.  They told me about an incident a while back where they saw a bunch of Syrians on motorbikes tasering a guy for fun, and they regarded it as normal.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_P

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2007, 08:15:43 AM »
I was teased a lot when I was younger for having red hair and pale skin. Is this a form of racism?

If you have red hair and pale skin, you're a prime target for abuse. Though I wouldn't call it racism, just pettiness.

I remember hearing about a neighbourhood who picked on a family just because the children all have red hair. And guess what? It took place in Eng-er-land, as per usual.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:19:01 AM by Mithos Yggdrasill »

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2007, 10:02:47 AM »
Well I'm Swedish and I say that my local Gypsies OWNS a shop (they always have a large sale  :)), and Middle-Eastern immigrants are known for their big hearts and hospitality (I love going home to my Middle-Eastern friends!), the russians I know have a thing for drinking and making everyone laugh by telling bad jokes (And then they get laugh attacks which is almost impossible to stop!) and Eastern Europeans usually end up as goth and emo (nothing wrong with them really, well, at least not with the goth). Altough a few of them might be in gangs, I know more inbred Swedish guys that's in gangs.

Perhaps it's because they live in one of Sweden's major slum areas that their experiences are less than stellar.  They told me about an incident a while back where they saw a bunch of Syrians on motorbikes tasering a guy for fun, and they regarded it as normal.
I've lived on the countryside, I've lived in the city and I've lived in the slum, and I've never experienced something like that (just white people harassing immegrants and their bitches and gangfights.).
Booyah.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »

Stout swilling.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:31:48 AM by enronhubbard »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 09:52:05 PM »

If you have red hair and pale skin, you're a prime target for abuse. Though I wouldn't call it racism, just pettiness.

I remember hearing about a neighbourhood who picked on a family just because the children all have red hair. And guess what? It took place in Eng-er-land, as per usual.
Now that is petty.
I have seen dark people picked on for their skin colour. And I was picked on for mine.When I was a kid it really sucked. Red hair, freckles, pale skin, glasses, short, autistic....no wonder I was picked on.
You can blame the fuckin' Irish for that Renaeden. Stout swilling feckless gobsheens the lot of them!!
Does this mean that Ireland is where red hair is from? Someone told me it is a Scottish trait and I have been asked if my parents are from Scotland. They aren't.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 01:55:57 AM »
you're lucky. i'm naturally fricken tan it's annoying. there are no paling salons where i could go get rid of it, so i have to sit in front of a computer all day long and never go outside and even then i'm normal complexion, not pale.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 02:00:44 AM »
I would love to be tanned. I am in the worst place in the world to have pale skin. I can burn in fifteen minutes in July!
I tried to tan myself when I was younger thinking it would work. Because of my stupidity, I am waiting for skin cancer.

Tanned skin looks clear, blemish free.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2007, 02:10:09 AM »
i need paleness for my goth look. :P

you should move to ireland. gentle weather.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Soph

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2007, 02:13:59 AM »
i am pale apparently, but i prefer being pale
sophie was the same

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »

Now that is petty.
I have seen dark people picked on for their skin colour. And I was picked on for mine.When I was a kid it really sucked. Red hair, freckles, pale skin, glasses, short, autistic....no wonder I was picked on.
You can blame the fuckin' Irish for that Renaeden. Stout swilling feckless gobsheens the lot of them!!
Does this mean that Ireland is where red hair is from? Someone told me it is a Scottish trait and I have been asked if my parents are from Scotland. They aren't.

Today, red hair is most commonly found at the western fringes of Europe. It is associated particularly with those in Scotland, Ireland and Wales, and less so in England although there are pockets of red hair occurring in Cornwall and parts of the North Midlands and North East (particularly South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire). This matches the movement of the Brython tribe (native Britons, also known as Celts or Picts) as they were pushed out of England and into the Celtic regions by the Roman conquest of Britain, and also the pattern of Viking settlement in the North of England.

Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads in the world as 13 percent of the population has red hair and approximately 40 percent carries the recessive redhead gene.[6] Ireland has the second highest number of redheads worldwide; as many as 10 percent of the Irish population have ginger, auburn (red-brown) or strawberry blond hair.[7] It is thought that up to 46 percent of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene. Red hair reaches frequencies of up to 10 percent in Wales.[8] In England, the county of Cornwall,the far north, near the Scottish border, and the counties of Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire also have significant proportions of redheads

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair     :)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »
Thank you very much for that information Rupert! :plus:

My family can be traced back to Wales and Ireland.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »
My grandmother had red hair and he name was Claire.   Her nickname was Eclair lol.   Obviously she was on the Irish side of my family (my aunt Lorraine has red hair too).
:P   Internets are super serious.