Start here > How To...

How to Opt Out of Pranks--The Don't Prank Me List

(1/18) > >>

Callaway:
Some people have been pranked in the past by administrators.

Duncvis suggested that we start a "Don't Prank Me" list, so the people who opt out of pranks won't be pranked.

Different people feel differently about being pranked. 

For example, I used to see pranks as relatively harmless fun, but since I have seen both firsthand and from other members how it can make someone feel, I have changed my opinion about this.  I pranked a few people on Intensity's Birthday which was April Fool's Day, but now I feel really bad that I might have hurt someone when I did.  I tried to prank people who I thought would not mind, but how do I really know?

If you would prefer to opt out of pranks, please sign up here.

I do not want to be pranked.

GalileoAce:
I do not want to be pranked.

Question: What happens if someone pranks a person who in on the do not prank list?

duncvis:
The prankee can ask a staff member to reverse the prank and their status as a 'no pranks' member will be brought to the attention of the prankster. In practice this shouldn't be a problem, as an elected admin should be respecting the wishes of those they were elected to serve.

The_P:
This thread is ridiculous. My pranks were meant to provide a lot of laughs in this place (and they have done, mind you), not intentionally harm a person. If they're easily offended, fuck off. I already allowed the membership to vote me off over this prank business, but the majority decided to keep me in. What does that tell you?

If this list ever comes to pass by the WC, I do think that we should discuss whether it's worth this site being called "IntensitySquared" when we're too busy trying to keep everyone happy in fear of losing members. Quite frankly, we're becoming soft over this nonsense -- it's tantamount to weakness. You are all in a panic because a lot of users (Willow's leaving, omg!) are supposedly unhappy, which to me shows the current lack of backbone this site has.

Calandale:
Indeed. WITHOUT having some official status,
does this list just become some big "kick me"
sign?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version