Educational

Author Topic: Drunk driver convicted after stitching his own chainsaw-wounded hand and driving  (Read 406 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
An ambulance costs about $120 a ride unless you pay private insurance (the cheapest policy being one for ambulance only, about $40 per year)

That's cheap. My dad got a ride in an ambulance from one side of town to the other and the bill was about $2,000.   :o

My sister in law was taken by helicopter from a small hospital in the Catskills over the mountains to Albany I am unsure how much it cost but I know it was substantial,  they had crappy insurance but it did cover most of it.  I have never rode in an ambulance though once in first grade I was taken to the hospital in a cop car after having some sort of seizure and falling down a flight of stairs at school because there were no ambulances available 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
A ride in an ambulance is surprisingly comfortable and really really smooth. $120 is an absolute bargain for a quality ride like that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
A ride in an ambulance is surprisingly comfortable and really really smooth. $120 is an absolute bargain for a quality ride like that.

So the next time you're in the land of Oz, instead of calling for a cab, you can just call for an ambulance!!   :autism:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

So the next time you're in the land of Oz, instead of calling for a cab, you can just call for an ambulance!!   :autism:
Actually calling a cab instead of waiting ten hours for an ambulance is an excellent solution.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I have been in an ambulance before. It didn't cost me anything because I have private health insurance which costs me about $20 per fortnight.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae