Author Topic: Policeman goes Postal  (Read 805 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Policeman goes Postal
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
Incidentally, England is awash with illegal guns anyway. There are regular shootings in many urban areas.
Do your regular police all carry them yet?

No, just batons, a stab vest and pepper spray. most forces have armed response units though.

Got to be brave huh.  I saw the cops raiding a house today guns drawn and all have no idea why though.  Over here they sleep with them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 06:32:29 PM »
Even if they do outlaw guns on the continent, there's no way to controll gun smugling over an area that large.

That's the point I keep tying to make in vain to the gu-grabber crowd. We can't even keep 12 million people from being smugled into our country, how could we stop 12 million illegal guns from being smugled in?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
Not to mention anybody with even a mediocre machine shop and some knowledge can make their own

You're telling this to me??  ;)  ;) ::)  :eyebrows:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 08:11:21 PM »
Even if they do outlaw guns on the continent, there's no way to controll gun smugling over an area that large.

That's the point I keep tying to make in vain to the gu-grabber crowd. We can't even keep 12 million people from being smugled into our country, how could we stop 12 million illegal guns from being smugled in?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
Not to mention anybody with even a mediocre machine shop and some knowledge can make their own

It was meant more as  a general statement to those that think banning things will eliminate them.  BTW metalwork is one of my hobbies even with my mediocre shop :laugh: 

George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »

It was meant more as  a general statement to those that think banning things will eliminate them.  BTW metalwork is one of my hobbies even with my mediocre shop :laugh: 

Yeah, that's just it, aside from the barrel which requires a special machine to cut the rifling, gun parts can be made by almost any competent machinist.

I actualy made parts for competition benchrest rifles when I worked for Tilton Racing Clutches. The company founder, Mac Tilton built rifles for 1,000 yard competitions, and I made several runs of parts for his guns.

BTW, you should try to go to some machine shop auctions and see if you can find a used Bridgeport for $1,000 or so, then find a decent lathe, and you're in buisness!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »
Right know we are trying to get our shit together because we want to move and room for a Bridgeport is on my list of things the new place must have.  I could have gotten one under $600 but currently have no place to put it and have to make do with just a six inch lathe. 

George Bernard Shaw