Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 95359 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #1965 on: December 30, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
I have yet to be attacked by flesh eating penguins
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1966 on: December 30, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
I have yet to be attacked by flesh eating penguins

:lol: :plus:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1967 on: December 30, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
I walked, er rode 16 blocks on my razar scooter to return a DVD to the redbox. It was actually more than that because I had to go a few more blocks to get to my apartment when I got back to my neighborhood.

P7PSP

« Reply #1968 on: December 30, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
Considering the forest fires you've had, and how easily they happen, I'm not surprised.
I understand myself why there are ordinances regarding when and where fireworks are appropriate odeon. Out in the wilderness is definitely not appropriate, natural causes and arson appear to be the leading causes of wildfires. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1110768/causes_of_california_wildfires_check.html?cal=8  http://www.livescience.com/environment/080624-ap-lightning-wildfires.html

My gripe in my earlier post actually relates more to a general nanny state mentality running this state than specifically to fireworks. Wyoming has very few restrictions on types of fireworks available but I'm certain they'd nail anyone for starting a wildfire by tossing a cigarette out their window or with fireworks if they caught them, as they should. Anti tobacco fanatics and Animal Rights types are seeking to force people to conform to their version of Utopia here and it gets old pushing back every year. A law was passed with Prop 10 that was supposed to save smokers from themselves and fund pre school initiatives for kids but what it did was create a new political patronage job for every county with 80% of the money and Rob Reiner used significant amounts of the other 20% to lobby to try and force parents to send their kids to pre school at age 3. http://cssrc.us/web/1/news.aspx?id=293&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 If I move to Nevada it won't be for the more relaxed fireworks laws. As long as I do live in California I'll continue to try and derail the busybodies that want to run others lives for them. I'm not a smoker either, I just figure it's their decision to smoke or not.

I saw something on Discovery about the forest fires. I had no idea they could happen so easily in California. No reason to have another thoughtless smoker or a freak lightning storm when there are plants practically designed to ignite on their own.
Yes they do get very bad, mostly in southern Calif. but the Oakland hills fire nailed a lot of peoples very nice homes about 20 years ago. The streets were not designed to allow the Fire Dept proper access to fight the fires. My sister and brother in laws place by San Diego was within a half mile of a very bad fire in 2004 or so.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1969 on: December 31, 2008, 07:58:41 AM »
I had a really great dream where I was rich, hot and popular, had weird, wacky, fun friends and a hot and interesting girlfriend.  Reality kind of sucks by comparison.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #1970 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:46 AM »
Another excuse to get pissed tonight.  :zoinks:
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

TheoK

« Reply #1971 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:34 AM »
I put together my über-sophisticated toothbrush and started to load it, so I can begin 2009 with even cleaner teeth.  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1972 on: December 31, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
I've got that model.  The 'brushing computer' is pointless, but the toothbrush itself is excellent, and I haven't had any decay since I got it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1973 on: December 31, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »
It snowed :headbang2:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #1974 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
I've got that model.  The 'brushing computer' is pointless, but the toothbrush itself is excellent, and I haven't had any decay since I got it.

I haven't had a new decay since 1996, though an electric toothbrush makes the teeth cleaner and the gum flesh stronger than an ordinary one.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1975 on: December 31, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
I found a cammerea on the roadd. Obviously, someono left it aiop tgeir car and drove ojj.

It wass causing a kin d of trafffic rporblem becauesse no ono wanted to hit it. and they weer  de drinving around it

I saw how the wind went around it from hal f a mile away and I went to see moerw. I was drawn. i was open. I was a punk!

I was almsot half mile away when I spotttted ti in my mrorror I turned the wronk way to go gett  it. I  t was not safe.

... Kodak, (no, it's a Nikon) case, fourr batery s filters aplunty, memroy crads time s  seven.

ebay, here i cum!!

(I hope my ebay comment was takne in jest, as it was made - I am beginnneing to calm down some, but I will have to find a deserving owner for this camea!!) (cameras suck suck suck suck!!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 06:27:41 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1976 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
I found a cammerea on the roadd. Obviously, someono left it aiop tgeir car and drove ojj.

It wass causing a kin d of trafffic rporblem becauesse no ono wanted to hit it. and they weer  de drinving around it

I saw how the wind went around it from hal f a mile away and I went to see moerw. I was drawn. i was open. I was a punk!

I was almsot half mile away when I spotttted ti in my mrorror I turned the wronk way to go gett  it. I  t was not safe.

... Kodak, (no, it's a Nikon) case, fourr batery s filters aplunty, memroy crads time s  seven.

ebay, here i cum!!

(I hope my ebay comment was takne in jest, as it was made - I am beginnneing to calm down some, but I will have to find a deserving owner for this camea!!) (cameras suck suck suck suck!!)

wat ??? ??? ???
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1977 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »
Nevermind.

That was a really, really bad day. I was overstimmed, freaked out and irrational.

That was me, typing in circles of sarcasm, not making much sense and just about to lose it!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:49:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1978 on: January 05, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
Hey man everything's cool now right? I know shit gets rough sometimes, so if you ever need me to lend an ear, just whisper when i'm online.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

duncvis

« Reply #1979 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »
Fixed the washing machine! :woohoo: