Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93399 times)

Sophgay

Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #1095 on: April 01, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
Had two showers for about the 5th day in a row, I think

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1096 on: April 01, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »
I'm really kind of bummed out.

The good thing is that the unknown kid was at school when I hit (ran over in my car and killed) her dog.

:-\ Did you find her parent(s)?

Yes, the child's mom and grandmother saw it happen. They were trying to catch the dog when it ran in front of my path. It happened so fast! I was only going about ten or fifteen miles per hour when the dog jumped out from between two construction trucks which were partially blocking the road.

I immediately stopped and ran to see. The older lady yelled out that you should NEVER approach an injured animal. "It's too dangerous!" she said. I just told her that I would be OK. The dog only lived about a minute more. I became a little emotional as I felt part of its life pass through me. Can't really explain it well, but I felt like screaming, except with force and to some purpose. I yelled out with all my breath. It was the kind of scream that can never echo, because everything gets out of its way.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:50:54 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1097 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:01 AM »

The good thing is that the unknown kid was at school when I hit (ran over in my car and killed) her dog.

Yes, the child's mom and grandmother saw it happen. They were trying to catch the dog when it ran in front of my path. It happened so fast! I was only going about ten or fifteen miles per hour when the dog jumped out from between two construction trucks which were partially blocking the road.

I immediately stopped and ran to see. The older lady yelled out that you should NEVER approach an injured animal. "It's too dangerous!" she said. I just told her that I would be OK. The dog only lived about a minute more. I became a little emotional as I felt part of its life pass through me. Can't really explain it well, but I felt like screaming, except with force and to some purpose. I yelled out with all my breath. It was the kind of scream that can never echo, because everything gets out of its way.

i know that one, dawg - we called it "singing the spirit".  did it with road kills.

:hug:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1098 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:27 AM »
I signed the contract today. Work starts next week. :woohoo:

:belly:

duncvis

« Reply #1099 on: April 02, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
Found out I've only put 5lb back on since I had to stop fell walking in November. Back at it again next week.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1100 on: April 02, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I woke up. :thumbup:
Guardian of the Empire

Sophgay

« Reply #1101 on: April 02, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »
Made a few steps in trying to "move on"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1102 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
i got a new friend in my box! yippie!

Y ou should post your New  name into Reneaden's name thread.  She will organize it. Just post it, please.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1103 on: April 02, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »

:woohoo:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1104 on: April 02, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

I'm so sorry, DirtDawg.   :(

I fishtailed my car one time avoiding hitting a cat who ran out in front of me.  I missed the cat, but I could have killed myself as well as all the people in the other cars who all miraculouly pulled over to the sides of the road to avoid my fishtailing-out-of-control car.  My mother was very upset with me when I told her about it.  She said, "Hit the cat!"  Now that I have a daughter, I understand what she meant.  Next time, I will either brake or steer, if I can, but never again will I do both at the same time.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »

:woohoo:

It's very cool but I'm starting to get nervous about it.  :-[
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2008, 03:17:08 PM »
yes masa

*removes slaveownerhat, dons surfboardhat with ear buds*

Was that like, too direct, man or like harsh or something? Should I tell you, like twice or wut?

:D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1107 on: April 02, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »

I'm so sorry, DirtDawg.   :(

I fishtailed my car one time avoiding hitting a cat who ran out in front of me.  I missed the cat, but I could have killed myself as well as all the people in the other cars who all miraculouly pulled over to the sides of the road to avoid my fishtailing-out-of-control car.  My mother was very upset with me when I told her about it.  She said, "Hit the cat!"  Now that I have a daughter, I understand what she meant.  Next time, I will either brake or steer, if I can, but never again will I do both at the same time.

Yeah, I know not to endanger my passengers, including myself.

I have done that, but never hurt anyone. I have done worse just being stupid with a car too.

What happened yesterday makes an impact when it all comes out of the blue, at the end of a relatively uplifting day. It's almost like I can't just be happy without something having to die for me.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1108 on: April 02, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »
yes masa

*removes slaveownerhat, dons surfboardhat with ear buds*

Was that like, too direct, man or like harsh or something? Should I tell you, like twice or wut?

:D

does anyone on here speak english?  ???

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1109 on: April 02, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »
sorry to hear about your horrible thing, dawg.  :( :hug: