Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93972 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #555 on: February 15, 2008, 06:26:58 AM »
They were so fucking sweet to me,
and all I wanted to do was get away.

Least once the dancing was no longer an
option. :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #556 on: February 15, 2008, 07:35:16 AM »
That part was nothing more than quipping, mischievous antic, jesting facetiousness, wisecracking drollery, or foolish espieglerie, even.

I AM  not CURED.
In fact, I may have infected others, but inexplicably, I have a sense of being on the outside looking in for the worst part of it all this year. I can't begin to account for this. Maybe recognising that my kids get it too, encouraging them and trying desparately to liven them up has actually helped me. Maybe this "fake it until you make it" rigmarole has availed me to a flourish in some mysterious way.

I know, I was just joking back.  I think the fake it until you make it technique can work, especially when you've got kids you really can't allow yourself to wallow or hide from the things you find difficult, you have to put a brave face on or just get on with things.  I think sometimes that actually works and you suddenly realise that you're no longer struggling as much as you expected to.

Hoped this was the case.
I honestly don't know why more people don't try this. FFS, some of the stepping stones are not even visible until you are already standing on nearby stones.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #557 on: February 15, 2008, 07:36:47 AM »
That part was nothing more than quipping, mischievous antic, jesting facetiousness, wisecracking drollery, or foolish espieglerie, even.

I AM  not CURED.
In fact, I may have infected others, but inexplicably, I have a sense of being on the outside looking in for the worst part of it all this year. I can't begin to account for this. Maybe recognising that my kids get it too, encouraging them and trying desparately to liven them up has actually helped me. Maybe this "fake it until you make it" rigmarole has availed me to a flourish in some mysterious way.

I know, I was just joking back.  I think the fake it until you make it technique can work, especially when you've got kids you really can't allow yourself to wallow or hide from the things you find difficult, you have to put a brave face on or just get on with things.  I think sometimes that actually works and you suddenly realise that you're no longer struggling as much as you expected to.

QFT  :plus:  Yeah with kids, you find yourself doing things or in situations you'd normally stay away from.  

zaftig

« Reply #558 on: February 15, 2008, 07:44:17 AM »
Technically yesterday.

E. loves me.

Platonically of course.

You mean, like the greeks do?  :o

Ancient Greece is famous for its gays :zoinks:

They were so fucking sweet to me,
and all I wanted to do was get away.

Least once the dancing was no longer an
option. :-\

Was that girl whose dancing you wanted to compliment there?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2008, 07:45:31 AM »

I AM  not CURED.

Hoped this was the case.
I honestly don't know why more people don't try this. FFS, some of the stepping stones are not even visible until you are already standing on nearby stones.

Maybe sometimes that first stepping stone just seems so far away that people find it hard to take that first little leap, or maybe they see medication as an alternative way of crossing. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2008, 07:57:45 AM »

I AM  not CURED.

Hoped this was the case.

Maybe sometimes that first stepping stone just seems so far away that people find it hard to take that first little leap, or maybe they see medication as an alternative way of crossing. 

But meds only affect one mind and nothing in the outer realms. They can do nothing but placate a person. Never can you see clearly through a med stroke.

I do KNOW that they serve a purpose, but they are just another procrastination, in the way they affect me. I begin to feel not so displaced and more comfortable with my failures. Yay, give me meds!

Of course I lean heavily on my coffee and sometimes my booze, but those things, being water or oxygen soluble, are gone from my system in a matter of hours. My procrastination has another chance to die and sooner than if I was mroe needy. Living with anxieties is my lading, but NOT living with those same anxieties would be a coffin.

Not saying that some of the steps are not difficult, but they are far from impossible, even if you get your ass wet a few times.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:01:18 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »
I agree- meds are all too often seen as a 'cure' and for all the mental bullshit that life likes to throw at you I think they're often just a band-aid- useful to stop the bleeding and help you heal, but its not going to stop you getting cut again.  (argghh I don't think that analogy really makes sense now I read back through it).

Don't get me wrong I know that meds have their uses, but I sometimes wonder if society views them as an excuse not to make the effort to change or even as enough effort to get better by themselves. (Yes I know that its hard to make the effort when you're struggling).

After our youngest child was born I was in a bad place- the dr's first thought it was post-natal depression but it was eventually decided I had PMDD- I was given anti-depressants and after 3 months I didn't even feel like me anymore.  Sometimes there's pain in life, sometimes things are hard, but if you damp down the bad with medication you're often also damping down the good.  I'd rather hurt then be mentally and emotionally numb.

Since so many artists have suffered with emotional shit,etc I wonder if we're going to end up in a world where that true artistic spark becomes rare, where there's little new music that speaks to the soul because so many people have their emotions stamped on with medication ???

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2008, 08:18:31 AM »
I find it hard to tell sometimes whether I am trying to jump too many stones at once, or needlessly hesitating. That's one of the reasons I am so fanatic about pragmatism. Looking at concrete results is the only sure way I know of comparing methods.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »
I agree- meds are all too often seen as a 'cure' and for all the mental bullshit that life likes to throw at you I think they're often just a band-aid- useful to stop the bleeding and help you heal, but its not going to stop you getting cut again.  (argghh I don't think that analogy really makes sense now I read back through it).

It makes perfect sense. Realizing this is another of the first baby steps to becoming free of those fucking things.

Since so many artists have suffered with emotional shit,etc I wonder if we're going to end up in a world where that true artistic spark becomes rare, where there's little new music that speaks to the soul because so many people have their emotions stamped on with medication ???

GAWD, what an incredibly arresting notion.

You may be onto what is already wrong with much of the creative output in this day. I say we should go back to being burned when we taste fire.

:-\

Soph

« Reply #564 on: February 15, 2008, 10:07:54 AM »
apologised to someone ive been meaning to apologise to since january
my opinions are the same, but i handled it badly
lukily, they contacted me today, as i am bad an initiating things like that

ozymandias

« Reply #565 on: February 15, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »
Finally managed to remove 3/4 of the "Glacier" on the metal roof above the garage area.  1 1/2 feet thick and mostly Ice and wet heavy snow.  If left to slide on their own,  the whole house shakes and would smash our cars flat.  And It's sunny so I got my exercise and good sun exposure!   :green:  8)

Soph

« Reply #566 on: February 15, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
someone is buying me a cd from rasputin's, the music store starbuline bought rammstein cds from with her dad

Soph

« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »
and now my headache is going

Soph

« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »
also today my little brother asked the cat "do you wish you didnt have wiskars?"
lol i dont know why but i thought it was funny

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

Was that girl whose dancing you wanted to compliment there?

Only saw her briefly, and she had been
turned into a zombie.  :laugh: