Author Topic: Suicide Rates  (Read 2552 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Suicide Rates
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »
i feel like committing suicide. i missed Star Trek. :(

FUCK.

but if i did, i would do it well. i really wonder how someone can try to kill themselves and fail at it, if they really try it should be easy. you can take pills and jump down into a waterfall and stab yourself on the way down. and if that doesn't work bite into a cyanide capsule.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »
i feel like committing suicide. i missed Star Trek. :(

FUCK.

but if i did, i would do it well. i really wonder how someone can try to kill themselves and fail at it, if they really try it should be easy. you can take pills and jump down into a waterfall and stab yourself on the way down. and if that doesn't work bite into a cyanide capsule.

It's not a dependable process, unless you really think it through.
I know a guy who shot himself in the head with a police style revolver and you would think that should work, but it didn't. I have always said, just like everything else he ever tried to do, he fucked that up, too. He was a tossed salad the last time I saw him and still going a few years ago in a state hospital, last I heard. He's not tube fed, but pretty much an infant, requiring total care for over twenty years, now.

He did it because he wrecked his shitty two hundred dollar car, according to the people who were around him at the time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 08:11:53 PM »
i wouldn't think that would work, actually. shooting yourself in the head is the stupidest thing. people often survive. you don't wanna survive that. some guy shot himself in the face and survived and he was on Oprah talking about it. he barely had a face.

i just think if you really wanna remove yourself, better do it well. it's not something you should do on a whim anyway.

when i was suicidal but not actively trying to kill myself i did things that were possibly lethal but not probable. so it was kind of a russian roulette thing more like. where the idea of maybe was appealing. but if i wanted to do it right i would plan it.

i have often thought about ways to make it work and how i would do it and what it would feel like. i would go for pills but make back up plans because pills often don't kill you. i would prolly take pills for the heck of it and add some poison. or something.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
there's this hilarious book on suicide. i don't remember the name.

i tried to look for it and found out Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide. and some reporters laughed. this video is hilarious. they make asses of themselves laughing and talking about "poor Owen".

american news people can be so unprofessional but it's a new low.

~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
I don't tolerate pain well, and I've always tried to think of ways that would be as painless as possible.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »
me too.

i hope you will stay alive. :-*
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 08:48:27 PM »
thanks. i'll try.  :-*

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »
you can always PM me if you wanna talk about stuff. :)

i was shocked Owen Wilson had attempted suicide. comedians are often depressed but he didn't seem like that. Jim Carrey has this dark edge and you can see this thing in his eyes, but Owen always seemed so... light. even in Permanent Midnight he was the light comedy character and it's a total drama, hilarious though, :P but still. just surprising.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
Again, thanks. <feels like a broken record>  :laugh:

I was shocked about Owen Wilson too. I like that guy a lot.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
me too. he's so funny.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »

i just think if you really wanna remove yourself, better do it well. it's not something you should do on a whim anyway.

That's kind of what I was trying to point out.
There's almost no guarantee, unless you blow yourself to bits or do something carefully planned with gas, like seal up your room, bring in a bunch of dry ice and go to sleep on the floor. Drowning is not too painful, although kind of scary. Once the water enters your lungs it burns just a little, but not enough to make you try to cough. A few spasms of your diaphragm and you stop fighting and just go to sleep. I think if I had actually wanted to drown it wouldn't have been that scary, even. I awoke in the hospital the next day, though, so I guess you need to make sure you're alone for a while if you really want to drown.

Truly, though, I hope we all manage to stay alive for a long time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »
did you drown? how did it happen?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 11:53:55 PM »
did you drown? how did it happen?

Kind of drowned, yes. Almost. I think I posted about it in the "near death thread." My fireman friend who I was going fishing with saved my life. I was tangled in my sinking boat with my lungs full of water when he found me. Forty two hours later I woke up in the hospital, vomiting around a tube that went down my throat.

None of the taking in water or acidosis in the muscles or whatever it is called hurt much, but coming back to life hurt like a motherfucker!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »
Buffy knows.

the woman who made firethegrid drowned with her son. her son's bowels were passing out of his body and he smelled like rotten meat. drowning and coming back to life is no small feat. lol rhymes.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline AlCapone

• Part of the Chaos
  • The Clown is You.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »
Because men can do it better.
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.