Author Topic: Ebola  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Ebola
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
What a drama queen. ::)

A nurse who was quarantined against her will in New Jersey after treating Ebola patients in West Africa will not obey officials' instructions to seclude herself at home in Maine, she and her lawyers said on NBC's "Today" show and in the Bangor Daily News.

One of the nurse's lawyers told CNN on Wednesday that they are trying to work with Maine officials to avoid escalating the situation.

The nurse, Kaci Hickox, returned to Maine on Monday after New Jersey authorities released her from a hospital tent where state officials kept her over the weekend as part of a new quarantine policy. She hired a lawyer and spoke out about her isolation and was then transported to Maine.

She has twice tested negative for the virus.

Maine officials have said that they would ask Hickox to quarantine herself at home until the passage of 21 days from her last possible contact with an Ebola patient, adding that they would make it involuntary if she resisted.

"Today" show host Matt Lauer on Wednesday asked her whether she planned to follow guidelines and finish that quarantine on November 10.

"I don't plan on sticking to the guidelines," she said. "I remain appalled by these home quarantine policies that have been forced upon me."

Send her "special" little ass back to the Ebola zone already. I bet they miss her. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 12:14:22 AM »
But rather counterproductive.
Oldest spent the first three weeks of military in quarantine as swine flu suspect; told her good. False alarm, life went on, everything's fine.

The difference, though, is that most of the people that would be quarantined are medical professionals.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2014, 12:18:21 AM »
What a drama queen. ::)

A nurse who was quarantined against her will in New Jersey after treating Ebola patients in West Africa will not obey officials' instructions to seclude herself at home in Maine, she and her lawyers said on NBC's "Today" show and in the Bangor Daily News.

One of the nurse's lawyers told CNN on Wednesday that they are trying to work with Maine officials to avoid escalating the situation.

The nurse, Kaci Hickox, returned to Maine on Monday after New Jersey authorities released her from a hospital tent where state officials kept her over the weekend as part of a new quarantine policy. She hired a lawyer and spoke out about her isolation and was then transported to Maine.

She has twice tested negative for the virus.

Maine officials have said that they would ask Hickox to quarantine herself at home until the passage of 21 days from her last possible contact with an Ebola patient, adding that they would make it involuntary if she resisted.

"Today" show host Matt Lauer on Wednesday asked her whether she planned to follow guidelines and finish that quarantine on November 10.

"I don't plan on sticking to the guidelines," she said. "I remain appalled by these home quarantine policies that have been forced upon me."

Send her "special" little ass back to the Ebola zone already. I bet they miss her. :zoinks:

:dunno:

You have a society that encourages this sort of thing, from the legal action to the TV appearances. This is par for the course.

This drama is about fear, mostly unfounded.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2014, 06:19:56 PM »
Oldest spent the first three weeks of military in quarantine as swine flu suspect; told her good. False alarm, life went on, everything's fine.

The difference, though, is that most of the people that would be quarantined are medical professionals.
Good.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM »

Good.

Not particularly, if you want to have them continue helping out.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 01:22:17 AM »
Fear: North Korea will quarantine everyone coming from abroad for three weeks.

China apparently barely checks people coming in, and has trouble with hygiene in hospitals on top of that. Could be a new place for a bigger outbreak.

Maybe for healthworkers keeping track of their temperature for an elongated time would make sense. Some people have high temperatures by default, others have low temperatures by default. The latter could have a fever not noticed via protocol figures, where the former may be contained in quarantine when nothing is wrong.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »

Good.

They could be quarantined to continue to help the infected. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2014, 03:02:38 AM »
Fear: North Korea will quarantine everyone coming from abroad for three weeks.

China apparently barely checks people coming in, and has trouble with hygiene in hospitals on top of that. Could be a new place for a bigger outbreak.

Maybe for healthworkers keeping track of their temperature for an elongated time would make sense. Some people have high temperatures by default, others have low temperatures by default. The latter could have a fever not noticed via protocol figures, where the former may be contained in quarantine when nothing is wrong.

In the case of the legal eagle nurse, apparently the equipment and method used at the airport was less than adequate. I get that they don't want to physically touch every individual at the checkpoint but they should know that it limits the usefulness of the test.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2014, 03:03:22 AM »

Good.

In the US?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »

Good.

In the US?
Not certain the country of circumstance matters.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2014, 03:45:48 PM »
It's all a ancient alien plot :o

I got curious when I read that Israeli medical experts are training doctors in several African countries ( Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, etc.) how to fight the deadly virus Ebola. Why Israelis would like to help Blacks whom they have been calling them “cancer” in Israel and are expelling them from Israel to other African countries like Uganda? Where the heck Israeli medical personal learned how to fight Ebola virus when there is not case of Ebola reported in Israel so far? The only logical answer to these valid questions, is that Israeli medical advisers are there to harvest human organs as they’re accused of doing in Haiti, Kosova, Ukraine, India, Palestine and many other places.
  Link

It must be true I read it online  :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
:o

OMG.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:32 AM »
That site is hilarious. +

- Albert Einstein