Author Topic: Them silly Republicans...  (Read 1422 times)

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
Re: Them silly Republicans...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »
Yeah, gay marriage is right the hell out, that'd be the ruin of American society, but anonymous gay sex in public restrooms, well, that's just every Senator's right!

It sounded like the GOP was pretty eager to get rid of him, though.

I really don't understand what the fuss is. George Michael did the same thing, and you don't hear people saying "George Michael how DAREEEEEEE you!" What Mark Foley did was far worse, and as I remember the consensus on his resignation was less unanimous and took much more time.

if the politician in question was against gay marriage and then went and had gay sex then there's a huge fuss cuz he's a fuckin hypocrite.

So you're assuming he's against gay marriage because he's a republican?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 02:10:42 PM »
no. are you assuming i'm assuming that?

i said "if". did you catch that?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Incidentally,  :star: IF :notes: the politician in question was morally against taking a shit, and he takes a shit every day, then he's a fucking hypocrite. If the moon is made of green cheese then why don't we use it to feed the starving children?

Also, IF  :party: he was against gay marriage, and he was looking for gay sex in a bathroom stall, how does that make him a hypocrite unless he was also looking to get gay marriage in a bathroom stall?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
it just does.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Incidentally,  :star: IF :notes: the politician in question was morally against taking a shit, and he takes a shit every day, then he's a fucking hypocrite. If the moon is made of green cheese then why don't we use it to feed the starving children?

Also, IF  :party: he was against gay marriage, and he was looking for gay sex in a bathroom stall, how does that make him a hypocrite unless he was also looking to get gay marriage in a bathroom stall?

Because many people who are against gay marriage are against it because they believe homosexuality to be immoral.   So if he's trying to protect the morality of the country by prohibiting gay marriage, then trying to get a little dick on the side....well.... Looks like hypocrisy to me.

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Because many people who are against gay marriage are against it because they believe homosexuality to be immoral.   So if he's trying to protect the morality of the country by prohibiting gay marriage, then trying to get a little dick on the side....well.... Looks like hypocrisy to me.

I know plenty of people who don't support gay marriage on grounds that has nothing to do with morality. In cluding John Kerry. (Well, i know exactly know him...)
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

I know plenty of people who don't support gay marriage on grounds that has nothing to do with morality. In cluding John Kerry. (Well, i know exactly know him...)

Oh, indeed.  Many of them are arguing semantics-- marriage vs civil union and whatnot.  Hence I said "many" and not "all"  :)

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Oh, indeed.  Many of them are arguing semantics-- marriage vs civil union and whatnot.  Hence I said "many" and not "all"  :)

That's true.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
John Kerry is an idiot. i don't care what his reasons are.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »
Marriage is a religious word that has a status attached to it that is undeserved.   Basically it is a joke.   Homosexuals can't reproduce, that is why people want to give them civil unions which is pretty much the same thing as a marriage but with no religious attachment.   I could care less either way to be honest.

John Kerry's wife made me lol.  Her saying she would be the first African American first lady was fucking retarded.   Same goes for her making fun of Laura Bush saying she has never had a job or worked for anything in her life.   Laura Bush was a school teacher, librarian and stay at home mother.   Apparently to Mrs. Heinz (rich as fuck ketchup heiress) that isn't work.   What would she know anyways, she has never had any kids.   That woman hurt her husband's chances the second she opened her mouth.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »
Bush and Laura Bush are idiots. i don't care if the man on the moon makes fun of them for not being cheese.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 07:00:27 PM »
99% of all politicians suck.

Yes, and I'm fairly certain this guy was trying to prove that.  ;)
:plus: To both of you.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Nah. The religious right forgives it's sinners,
as long as they keep toeing the line intellectually.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
That woman hurt her husband's chances the second she opened her mouth.

You're saying she gives bad head?  ???

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

Ok. I gotcha.

Nah. The religious right forgives it's sinners,
as long as they keep toeing the line intellectually.

Maybe so.  But the swing voters don't.  And they're finally starting to catch on to that fact.