Author Topic: My handle explained at last  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My handle explained at last
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 12:00:02 PM »
Walkie here

short for Drunkard's Walk
You can change your name so on the forums it is seen as Walkie. Then you won't have to sign your name at the end of your posts (well, you don't have to do that anyway).  :)
Thanks,   renaeden.

That’s a good idea, except….well, Walkie is a sort of affectionate diminutive, I suppose,  which originated from my on-line  friends. I’m happy for everyone to call me Walkie (that's why I add that signature, so often)  but I’ve noticed, down the years,  that those who dislike me religiously stick to “Drunkard’s Walk” or DW for short.

Call me over-fastidious, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to force those people to address me as “Walkie” instead. But that’s what  I‘d be doing , effectively , if I changed my handle.

(PS. ‘Scuse the delay in responding. I’ve been too busy making  myself unpoular to keep up with this thread)

I might have called you DW or Drunkard's Walk in the past but it was never because I did not like you, Walkie.

I call Ozymandias, Ozymandias rather than Ozy or his Christian name on the forums, but I like him a lot.

Some people may just be sort of formal.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 01:17:17 AM »
do you drunk walkenly?

"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 03:41:01 AM »
Callaway! Hmm...

Let’s say
A= those who call me Drunkard’s Walk , or DW
B= those who call me Walkie
C= those who dislike me
D= those who don’t dislike me  :-\
(  I almost made D represent  the set of peple who like me. but then I either have to add yet another set. or else get into a pointless argument with somebody who doesn’t  have any strong feelings either way ; well, not until they notice that their POV isn't represented in this schema.  So , we’ll let D represent the union of those two sets, for the sake of  simplicity, hmm?* )
* see my P.S. below for further quibbles

All I said in my post above is that:
(C intersectiion B)= the empty set
What you were saying is that:
(A intesection D) does not equal the empty set; also that ( A intersection B )doesn’t equal the empty set either-
Indeed, Callaway herself is living proof thst the set [(A intersecrtion B)intersection D] contains at least one member.
Right?
But that’s something I already knew, so don’t worry!

I’d draw a Venn diagram  but I don’t have a scanner

Anyway, hopefully, you know (or can intuitively grasp)  enough Set Theory to see there’s no logical contradition between your statments and mine, and that  it doesn’t add up to paranoia on my part!

Or…you could take my word for it?

Anyway thanks for the  reassurance, Callaway.  It made me smile, and I had a bit of fun responding. ;D

Now for the million dollar question: Is this a sufficiently aspie reponse for y’all ? * big  grin *
 :asthing:

-Walkie

* P.S.
And now- oops! D=C’, I know, I know, but let’s leave that aside,  huh? It doesn’t really affect my argument.
Btw, before somebody points out that  I‘ve really gone overboard on the brackets, here, I think maybe  I’d better add that I didn’t feel like demontstrating  that  that the Associative Law applies to that operation, and I can’t assume that  Callaway already knows that. Aside from that, my substitution of words for symbols seems to me to demand a few extra brackets, for clarity.

Walkie here

You can change your name so on the forums it is seen as Walkie. Then you won't have to sign your name at the end of your posts (well, you don't have to do that anyway).  :)
Thanks,   renaeden.

That’s a good idea, except….well, Walkie is a sort of affectionate diminutive, I suppose,  which originated from my on-line  friends. I’m happy for everyone to call me Walkie (that's why I add that signature, so often)  but I’ve noticed, down the years,  that those who dislike me religiously stick to “Drunkard’s Walk” or DW for short.

Call me over-fastidious, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to force those people to address me as “Walkie” instead. But that’s what  I‘d be doing , effectively , if I changed my handle.

(PS. ‘Scuse the delay in responding. I’ve been too busy making  myself unpoular to keep up with this thread)

I might have called you DW or Drunkard's Walk in the past but it was never because I did not like you, Walkie.

I call Ozymandias, Ozymandias rather than Ozy or his Christian name on the forums, but I like him a lot.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 05:02:44 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 07:49:02 AM »
 :plus: for reminding me of long-forgotten maths.   :clap:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:40 AM »
Callaway! Hmm...

Let’s say
A= those who call me Drunkard’s Walk , or DW
B= those who call me Walkie
C= those who dislike me
D= those who don’t dislike me  :-\
(  I almost made D represent  the set of peple who like me. but then I either have to add yet another set. or else get into a pointless argument with somebody who doesn’t  have any strong feelings either way ; well, not until they notice that their POV isn't represented in this schema.  So , we’ll let D represent the union of those two sets, for the sake of  simplicity, hmm?* )
* see my P.S. below for further quibbles

All I said in my post above is that:
(C intersectiion B)= the empty set
What you were saying is that:
(A intesection D) does not equal the empty set; also that ( A intersection B )doesn’t equal the empty set either-
Indeed, Callaway herself is living proof thst the set [(A intersecrtion B)intersection D] contains at least one member.
Right?
But that’s something I already knew, so don’t worry!

I’d draw a Venn diagram  but I don’t have a scanner

Anyway, hopefully, you know (or can intuitively grasp)  enough Set Theory to see there’s no logical contradition between your statments and mine, and that  it doesn’t add up to paranoia on my part!

Or…you could take my word for it?

Anyway thanks for the  reassurance, Callaway.  It made me smile, and I had a bit of fun responding. ;D

Now for the million dollar question: Is this a sufficiently aspie reponse for y’all ? * big  grin *
 :asthing:

-Walkie

* P.S.
And now- oops! D=C’, I know, I know, but let’s leave that aside,  huh? It doesn’t really affect my argument.
Btw, before somebody points out that  I‘ve really gone overboard on the brackets, here, I think maybe  I’d better add that I didn’t feel like demontstrating  that  that the Associative Law applies to that operation, and I can’t assume that  Callaway already knows that. Aside from that, my substitution of words for symbols seems to me to demand a few extra brackets, for clarity.

Walkie here

Thanks,   renaeden.

:LMAO:

:plus:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »
Nice one, Walkie, oh Consort-of-Spock.  :laugh: :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:27:15 AM »
Tut tut, Pyraxis! Former-consort-of-Spock, if you please.  :laugh:
Heck, it's lucky his wife doesn't read this board, isn't it?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »
Tut tut, Pyraxis! Former-consort-of-Spock, if you please.  :laugh:
Heck, it's lucky his wife doesn't read this board, isn't it?

:LMAO:

:plus:

It may be Former Consort-of-Spock because she read this board.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 02:02:49 AM »
Hi its me Tom from AV.  I remember you talking about pink floyd in the windmill pub.

Hey Tom! ;D Small world, huh?

Good to see you. Is AV still going?  I’ve been meaning to re-register sometime (but I’ve um, procrastinated as usual)  And  I’ve also  been meaning to get in touch with you. (My Mum’s been gettiing into genealogy. Suspect we might have some common ancestors. Really!)

Ah. The Windmill.   :) Fond memories.  D’you know that Deano came onto AI , ages ago, and reminisced about that? Heck, I really must sign up again. Send me a link?

~Walkie

AV is www.aspievillage.org.uk

I think there are some photos of that meetup there!

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »

AV is www.aspievillage.org.uk

Many thanks.  :)  I'm having a problem getting in there, mind. Check your inbox, for more details

I think there are some photos of that meetup there!

Oh no! *cringe*

~Walkie

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 06:48:01 AM »
walkie, how old/young are you?
Misunderstood.