Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 2547 times)

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 06:53:01 AM »
with the usual fee to Micro$oft.
i have to pay microsoft.  ???

Well, 'pay' can mean many things......

Just how attached are you to your.....nah, best not to scare you first thing in the morning.   >:D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »
AND tell them what you have on your HDD.
are they watching me?

yes. and especially those files you put on the CD that's under your bed. :P
those are VHS tapes.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 06:55:23 AM »
heh. sod that. my idea of windows app support: 'have you tried reinstalling it and rebooting the pc?' 'yes' 'its fucked then. download something decent'  :evillaugh:

And sadly, this makes you more competent than most MCSEs I've met.   :lol:

I am very lazy and would rather not beat my head against a rock. I don't have teh patience for tech support, but that doesn't seem to stop folk asking me for it.  ::)

I was just musing, Dunc!
I am actually kind of proud of McJ for sorting out his shit on his own. Sort of like when I finally got my conflicting soundcard figured out, by researching the actual symptoms and following through.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »
heh. sod that. my idea of windows app support: 'have you tried reinstalling it and rebooting the pc?' 'yes' 'its fucked then. download something decent'  :evillaugh:

And sadly, this makes you more competent than most MCSEs I've met.   :lol:

I am very lazy and would rather not beat my head against a rock. I don't have teh patience for tech support, but that doesn't seem to stop folk asking me for it.  ::)

I was just musing, Dunc!
I am actually kind of proud of McJ for sorting out his shit on his own. Sort of like when I finally got my conflicting soundcard figured out, by researching the actual symptoms and following through.
what i actually did was what dunc said.  but i did it before i read his advice.

i deleted MSN Messenger then i reloaded it, then i rebooted my pc.

i was considering restoring my computer to a previous time.  but chose to buy some computer maintenencs software, then cleaning my computer and reinstalling the shit that wasn't working.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 07:09:04 AM »
Just be very careful with any "computer maintenance software." It will often create a whole new set of problems.
Dunc's suggestion is more applicable than Microsoft would care to admit. The most fun arises when you re-install stuff and the same problems appear, which is what happened threee times with my soundcard. I had to find people who had already faught through the issues and try to apply some of their workarounds, because I'm not educated enough to do it myself.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:11:30 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »

Just be very careful with any "computer maintenance software."
It will often create a whole new set of problems. Dunc's suggestion is more applicable than Microsoft would care to admit. The most fun arises when you re-install stuff and the same problems appear.
the biggest problem is the personal firewall that came with the system.  i have to remember all the things that i am supposed to allow to contact the internet.

my computer is now zipping along like it did a year ago, and i have sceduled regular maintenence for when i am sleeping. 
but one thing: it seems that i keep getting a message that says this computer has limited ot no connectivity to the internet.  it happens at least once per day.  but the solution is easy....i just restart my computer. takes about five minutes.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »

Just be very careful with any "computer maintenance software."
It will often create a whole new set of problems. Dunc's suggestion is more applicable than Microsoft would care to admit. The most fun arises when you re-install stuff and the same problems appear.
the biggest problem is the personal firewall that came with the system.  i have to remember all the things that i am supposed to allow to contact the internet.

my computer is now zipping along like it did a year ago, and i have sceduled regular maintenence for when i am sleeping. 
but one thing: it seems that i keep getting a message that says this computer has limited ot no connectivity to the internet.  it happens at least once per day.  but the solution is easy....i just restart my computer. takes about five minutes.

what's your firewall thingy? you probably have some software wanting to go out on the net to find updates, but it's restricted by the firewall. check the firewall logs--when you find a program or service that was denied access when the message popped up, you probably have your culprit.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 12:53:13 PM »
with the usual fee to Micro$oft.
i have to pay microsoft.  ???
No You don't. :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »
i don't know how to add people to my IM list.
i have done it before in the past, but i think i just got lucky.
now i forget.  how is it done?
You goto to Live Email, click new, then click contacts, then put in there email address or hotmail address, then click save.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »
click contacts and click add a friend or whatever it says. it asks for the email addy and then write it there, click save. they will be asked if they want to add you back.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »
i don't know how to add people to my IM list.
i have done it before in the past, but i think i just got lucky.
now i forget.  how is it done?
You goto to Live Email, click new, then click contacts, then put in there email address or hotmail address, then click save.

:asthing:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »
click contacts and click add a friend or whatever it says. it asks for the email addy and then write it there, click save. they will be asked if they want to add you back.

And if you're really lucky MSN might actually send the person an add request.  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
this seems like a collaborated effort.

i can't add you without your e-mail account first.

i mean: i cant just ask it to give milla permission, can i?
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
uh, i don't think so, :laugh: it needs an email addy i think, cuz you can change your nick but the email addy stays the same.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »
I think that meant he wanted you to PM him your email addy so he could add you ;)