Author Topic: My appology "Bipolar"  (Read 6043 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: My appology "Bipolar"
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »
Hadron, on the subject of Flo, you don't know what you're talking about. We've been variously tolerating, interpreting and attempting to scream some sense into him for well over a year. The only thing which has made the slightest difference is when he actually took his meds for a bit. In his current state he's a liability to himself.
Has anyone on here actually met Flo? As for him taking those meds, did they just shut him up on here or actually do him some good?

Yes, they did him a lot of good when he took them.  They didn't shut him up on here at all and he was much more coherent.

Would one of you site veterans be so kind as to either quote or link one of these posts?

Here are a few of them:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2028.msg79534#msg79534

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2062.msg81490#msg81490

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2032.msg80476#msg80476

Here is a link to his posts from late November, which is the approximate time when he was taking Abilify, in case you would like to see more:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?action=profile;u=71;sa=showPosts;start=2520

His sentence structures are slightly different. The content is not much different. The difference is subtle at best, and it might be better because people were getting off his back a little, as opposed to his meds.

hadron, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Thats what those posts came off as to me, as far as I am aware no one on here has met Randy, so its very difficult to actually judge him.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »
Hadron, on the subject of Flo, you don't know what you're talking about. We've been variously tolerating, interpreting and attempting to scream some sense into him for well over a year. The only thing which has made the slightest difference is when he actually took his meds for a bit. In his current state he's a liability to himself.
Has anyone on here actually met Flo? As for him taking those meds, did they just shut him up on here or actually do him some good?

Yes, they did him a lot of good when he took them.  They didn't shut him up on here at all and he was much more coherent.

Would one of you site veterans be so kind as to either quote or link one of these posts?

Here are a few of them:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2028.msg79534#msg79534

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2062.msg81490#msg81490

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2032.msg80476#msg80476

Here is a link to his posts from late November, which is the approximate time when he was taking Abilify, in case you would like to see more:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?action=profile;u=71;sa=showPosts;start=2520

The first one was really too short to make much of a comparison.  However, the latter two are really telling in comparison to the posts we see today.

Thank you for putting in the time to research.  That was perfect.   :plus:

Thanks.  I included the first one because it was the first post I found to research the date of when he was taking Abilify and it documents that he was taking it for 13 days at that time.  There are loads of other posts you could see from the same time frame at the last link if you are interested.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
hadron, do your research yourself, for once. you now know when he actually took his meds--approximatively--and you could read some of the vintage stuff from about a year ago or a little more. how the fuck will you ever survive the uni, when you're supposed to do some actual work?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »
hadron, do your research yourself, for once. you now know when he actually took his meds--approximatively--and you could read some of the vintage stuff from about a year ago or a little more. how the fuck will you ever survive the uni, when you're supposed to do some actual work?
Uni you can learn off your peers just as much if not more than from a textbook. Obviously I will show for lectures and so on and do the occasional homework. It just means I might have to work slightly harder than before, but then that isnt too difficult, just a matter of a little motivation.

As for Randy, i spent at least 10 minutes reading through those posts and some others around the time. Yes it makes him more like an NT like all psych meds are supposed to do, but as for a better person, I am not so sure. He seemed slightly happier, but at the cost of a loss of some of his personality. Dont accuse me of not doing research just because my view differs from yours.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
Uni you can learn off your peers just as much if not more than from a textbook. Obviously I will show for lectures and so on and do the occasional homework. It just means I might have to work slightly harder than before, but then that isnt too difficult, just a matter of a little motivation.

As for Randy, i spent at least 10 minutes reading through those posts and some others around the time. Yes it makes him more like an NT like all psych meds are supposed to do, but as for a better person, I am not so sure. He seemed slightly happier, but at the cost of a loss of some of his personality. Dont accuse me of not doing research just because my view differs from yours.

i accuse you for not doing your research because that is how you come off here. constantly. 10 minutes, ffs?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »

On learning more from your peers -- sure, assuming your peers are right.  If they're wrong, you're going to be much worse off.  Figuring it out for yourself will take you much farther.

On your opinion of Randy -- You may have done research, but you failed to grasp the premise.  The question that the search was initiated over was whether he was more coherent.  Can you look at the old posts and the current ones and honestly say there isn't a marked difference in his ability to communicate effectively?  If you'd like to offer a viewpoint that something else was lost in the process, fine.  But your statements to date don't really make that clear.

And finally, in my own defense on the 'do your own research' aspect -- I know I copped out on that too.  In what little defense I can offer, I would point out that I had no idea when Randy was taking the meds and the thought of going through every single one of his posts (particularly given their current state) from the time I joined to whenever the med timeframe was seemed more than I could subject myself to.  On the other hand, it seemed a safe assumption that others would be able to narrow the search if asked.  Thanks again to Callaway for humoring me. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 01:27:38 PM »
mordok, the difference between you and hadron, in this case, is that you don't act as a know-it-all when you've not done YOUR research. it makes all the difference in the world.

- Albert Einstein

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 01:29:12 PM »
mordok, the difference between you and hadron, in this case, is that you don't act as a know-it-all when you've not done YOUR research. it makes all the difference in the world.

My thoughts as well, I just wanted to clarify in case there was any doubt.  I work in a government building.  CYA is a way of life here.   :lol:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »

i accuse you for not doing your research because that is how you come off here. constantly. 10 minutes, ffs?
10 minutes of his posts should be more than enough to draw a conclusion from. Especially as I am a fast reader.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »

On learning more from your peers -- sure, assuming your peers are right.  If they're wrong, you're going to be much worse off.  Figuring it out for yourself will take you much farther.

On your opinion of Randy -- You may have done research, but you failed to grasp the premise.  The question that the search was initiated over was whether he was more coherent.  Can you look at the old posts and the current ones and honestly say there isn't a marked difference in his ability to communicate effectively?  If you'd like to offer a viewpoint that something else was lost in the process, fine.  But your statements to date don't really make that clear.

And finally, in my own defense on the 'do your own research' aspect -- I know I copped out on that too.  In what little defense I can offer, I would point out that I had no idea when Randy was taking the meds and the thought of going through every single one of his posts (particularly given their current state) from the time I joined to whenever the med timeframe was seemed more than I could subject myself to.  On the other hand, it seemed a safe assumption that others would be able to narrow the search if asked.  Thanks again to Callaway for humoring me. 
I tend to check what my peers say, by doing the lectures and the reading, and also with maths you can tell if something is correct if you understand the material around it.

As I implied, his posts are easier to read, but I can read his current posts reasonably well as they are. Odeon repeatedly claims not to be able to understand or comprehend Flo's posts, so how can he argue with what I have been saying.

Scrapheap

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »
I tend to check what my peers say, by doing the lectures and the reading, and also with maths you can tell if something is correct if you understand the material around it.

As I implied, his posts are easier to read, but I can read his current posts reasonably well as they are. Odeon repeatedly claims not to be able to understand or comprehend Flo's posts, so how can he argue with what I have been saying.

Here's a good example of Flo's Drooling Fits of Madness.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 01:44:55 PM »

You are welcome, Mordok.  I was glad to narrow it down for you.

I think Hadron needs to spend a little more time than just ten minutes looking at the posts in the last link I posted before saying that Randy sounds the same off the Abilify as he did on it, because I have spent a lot more time than that reading Randy's posts over the last year and a half and Randy sounded a lot more coherent on Abilify to me and I am probably an even faster reader than Hadron is.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »

Here's a good example of Flo's Drooling Fits of Madness.

Thanks, Scrapheap.  Those are good "before Abilify" examples.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 01:48:54 PM »
We Alll just have to let Flo be Flo in the end.

For that is all We can do in the end.

He will find His own Way.

We can just Hope for the Best for Him in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »
We Alll just have to let Flo be Flo in the end.

For that is all We can do in the end.

He will find His own Way.

We can just Hope for the Best for Him in the end.

Good point and I do hope the best for him, but Randy was more coherent on Abilify.

Also, I think Hardon egging Randy on to masturbate in the public library was a very bad idea given how much trouble he could get into for doing it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:54:52 PM by Callaway »