Educational

Author Topic: Theory of Mind thread  (Read 10118 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Theory of Mind thread
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »
i don't do veiled attacks - you're a bigot.

see?  :smarty:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »

:witch1:
;)

:LMAO:

you crazy mofo i can't believe you did that! :laugh: why didn't i think of that?

;)   

because i still have you under mind control, and you can't think anything without my say so.

:-*

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »

Nice to get it out in the open. Are you now going to come and defend me then.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

Nice to get it out in the open. Are you now going to come and defend me then.

*throws up hands*  Well, I'm out.  For what it's worth, Hadron, my apologies for claiming you misinterpreted her remarks in this vein.  Obviously, I was mistaken.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »
"wiki" being her favourite word to describe any sources I present. Asides in another thread she has implied that I am a bigot (I cant be AAARRSE!!d to dig it out). It was a veiled attack on me.

that's your problem, hadron--you never do the research, you're too lazy. wiki is about as far as you're willing to go, which is why it's so easy to turn that against you. you rarely back up anything you say and you always find someone else to blame when you're caught.

for a time, i was willing to blame your youth--recently it's become obvious that age really doesn't matter. it's your mo.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »

i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
Arguement from authority, i.e crap arguement.
it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

i don't misunderstand. he said it was a type of arguement, but all Lucifer did was speak from experience so how could that be authority? if i tell you i know something because i have experience with it then i'm not being authoritative i am just telling you i have learned though experience. what's illogical is Hardon's "types."

i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
Arguement from authority, i.e crap arguement.
it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

The I know 100's of muslims (and the rest of the shaboosh added in as well) line is what exactly?

And the "Here comes the PC brigade" was what exactly?
Refering to how she allows some bigotry but not others. She was taking the same line as the politcally correct brigade by backing muslims in such a fashion, even if it is one of the most bigoted religions in the planet.

you don't know the difference between religion and tradition. for example, muslim women wear head scarves and are oppressed, why is this? because of tradition. tradition of oppression. the men made it up and it was attached to religion like a fungus to a tree trunk. people think it's part of the religion, it isn't. just like circumcision is no part of Jewish religion, it's merely an old tradition that was started because of hygiene reasons.

can you provide some sort of proof of how the islam faith is biggoted in itself? you're the one who made this claim, you should be able to back it up.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
"wiki" being her favourite word to describe any sources I present. Asides in another thread she has implied that I am a bigot (I cant be AAARRSE!!d to dig it out). It was a veiled attack on me.

that's your problem, hadron--you never do the research, you're too lazy. wiki is about as far as you're willing to go, which is why it's so easy to turn that against you. you rarely back up anything you say and you always find someone else to blame when you're caught.

for a time, i was willing to blame your youth--recently it's become obvious that age really doesn't matter. it's your mo.
What resources do you suggest I use to carry out my research, bearing in mind at present I dont have access to any more resources than whats on the free part of the internet. True I am lazy, but how often do you see everyone else backing up their arguements?

As for my MO, do you seriously expect me to have done stacks of research before making every post?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2007, 01:51:49 PM »

What resources do you suggest I use to carry out my research, bearing in mind at present I dont have access to any more resources than whats on the free part of the internet. True I am lazy, but how often do you see everyone else backing up their arguements?

As for my MO, do you seriously expect me to have done stacks of research before making every post?

Wikipedia is a good quick reference for a lot of things, but you have to remember that anyone who wants can edit it and it is not infallible.  There are other sources of information that can be accessed with an internet search. 

I still think that your laziness is primarily due to your age.  In high school, children are spoon-fed information, so you still act as if you expect other people to spend an hour making things easy enough for you so that you can spend 10 minutes on it, if that makes any sense.  I keep wondering if you are really 18 because my nephew who is 18 seems so much more mature than you are, but then I remember that he may just be mature for his age.  Maybe his parents encouraged him to be more independent.

Your problem is that you are about to attend university and you will be expected to learn more independently there.  I hope that you are able to do so, because nobody will spoon-feed you there.

The_P

« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2007, 01:55:43 PM »

The Theory of Hadron's Mind.

Cute looking guy, though. If I were gay, I would pop his anal cherry.

EDIT: It's called a "hypothesis", assholes.  :finger:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:57:51 PM by The_P »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »

Wikipedia is a good quick reference for a lot of things, but you have to remember that anyone who wants can edit it and it is not infallible.  There are other sources of information that can be accessed with an internet search. 

I still think that your laziness is primarily due to your age.  In high school, children are spoon-fed information, so you still act as if you expect other people to spend an hour making things easy enough for you so that you can spend 10 minutes on it, if that makes any sense.  I keep wondering if you are really 18 because my nephew who is 18 seems so much more mature than you are, but then I remember that he may just be mature for his age.  Maybe his parents encouraged him to be more independent.

Your problem is that you are about to attend university and you will be expected to learn more independently there.  I hope that you are able to do so, because nobody will spoon-feed you there.
If you are worried about a page on wiki, you can check the revision history and who actually made what revision (and if they are qualified to do so!). They also list all their sources at the bottom, so if you want to check, its easy to do so.

In the UK the exam system (at least up to and including A-level) penalises you for putting in answers that are not on the mark scheme, even if they are correct (and often better). That sort of experience has taught me not to find sources, and to stick to the proscribed textbooks. Hopefully uni will be a different kettle of fish. 

The_P

« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »
Wiki is about as informative as my videos. :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »

.........Cute looking guy, though. If I were gay, I would pop his anal cherry.

You mean to say you'd cheat .................................................. on ME??  :o

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »

The Theory of Hadron's Mind.

Cute looking guy, though. If I were gay, I would pop his anal cherry.

EDIT: It's called a "hypothesis", assholes.  :finger:
Being "cute" has served me well, some of the stuff I have got away with over the years... (ironically I doubt I am that good looking)

The_P

« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »

.........Cute looking guy, though. If I were gay, I would pop his anal cherry.

You mean to say you'd cheat .................................................. on ME??  :o

You know you miss the army barracks, taking it up the ass from your Sergeant like the good little choir boy you are.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Wiki is about as informative as my videos. :P
Very informative then...  :)