Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 146630 times)

Persona

Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #4425 on: March 21, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »
Very nice 8)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4426 on: March 22, 2008, 07:34:08 AM »
More moon videos:

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4427 on: March 23, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
I was playing around with some colour keying software and made these.  I don't have a green screen, so I used a white projector screen.  I need to sort the stand for it, because it keeps slipping down out of frame and I could maybe get some green stuff to hang on it, but it's the middle of the night and not a good time to start bashing things around, so this is all I can manage at the moment.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Persona

« Reply #4428 on: March 23, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »
That's so cool!  :laugh:

Sophgay

« Reply #4429 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »
Don't think I've posted these, but can't remember

3 old pictures I found on facebook
Sophie called them my "new secksy pixxxxxzzzzzzzzz" :laugh: She must have been drunk or something because I look like shit, but fuck it

GalileoAce

« Reply #4430 on: March 24, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
The 2nd could be deemed "sexy". The 1st one seems sad. And the 3rd, there's no one there... Just a Jaffa Cake floating in the air.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4431 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »
The 3rd is HAWT.
I love ninja terrorists.

GalileoAce

« Reply #4432 on: March 24, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
Ah, so that's why no one was there. Ninja's can't be seen. :: nods ::

Sophgay

« Reply #4433 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:34 AM »
ninja terrorists promoting jaffa cakes

GalileoAce

« Reply #4434 on: March 25, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »
Kree!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4435 on: March 25, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »
Another place I like to go to calm my nerves
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #4436 on: March 25, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »
It's ok to eat fish

cos they

don't have any

feelings

Sophgay

« Reply #4437 on: March 25, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »
i wish we had a bridge i could sit under here

thepeaguy

« Reply #4438 on: March 25, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »
My lovely feet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4439 on: March 25, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
It's ok to eat fish

cos they

don't have any

feelings

Do Fish Feel Pain?
James Hamilton-Paterson
The answer is 'yes' says James Hamilton-Paterson and we should accept the consequences—as he does. 'I shall live with my own blood deeds, though not tormentedly.'

Spearing fish is a savage business. It causes the fish gross physical damage and seldom kills them outright. Over several years I spent long months at a stretch living on an islet in the Philippines, learning how to spear fish in the local manner to feed myself. I had a lot to learn about the construction of spearguns and about the techniques of underwater hunting without scuba gear, whether diving alone or in company. But I also had to unlearn my own culture’s ideas of the acceptable ways of treating game animals.

The locals were certainly short on sportsmanship. Their style was to hunt at night when many reef species are dozy, if not—like mullet—apparently fast asleep. In one hand we gripped a cheap torch ingeniously waterproofed with rubber or plastic and in the other an unwieldy wooden gun powered by rubber cut from inner tubes. With both hands thus occupied we held our breath and swam down into pitchy depths, maybe to thirty feet, in pursuit of the next day’s food. The steel spear was eyed at its base like a needle. Spliced through this hole was a length of polythene fishing-line with a stop at the end. The technique was to spear the fish or cephalopod and sweep it on down to the end of the line so that it trailed behind as you reloaded the gun and went on searching. After two or three hours of this the torch batteries were flat and we dragged ourselves from the sea, coral-grazed and weary, with grains of luminescence running off our bodies and, with any luck, a few pounds of edible flesh on our lines.

I soon realized there is a big difference between a coarse fisherman sitting on a river bank, hauling up and killing his catch with a quick blow from a priest, and sharing a medium with one’s prey. Below the surface, encumbered with gear and limited to snatched lungfuls of air, you are at a huge disadvantage in any hunt. Yet you can stare your quarry in the eye through a few feet of water, learn to read its slightest twitch or attitude (such particulars vary with the species), slowly acquire familiarity with the behaviour and appearance of all sorts of marine creatures. Down there you can hear the spear actually strike, pok!, hear the animal’s whirring struggles, maybe its squawks or grunts, see the dark strands of blood, watch its mouth jerk open in a hopeless O. That was the moment of maximum adrenaline because you still had not caught your supper. Often the spear struck too close to the edge of your prey’s body or the barb failed to set and the animal could tear itself loose to escape in the dark with the flick of a fin. Often, too, you were at the end of your breath and desperate for air, and perhaps the fish was large enough to swim away even towing the weight of the spear. To lose a spear was shaming and besides, they took a lot of making. For every reason, then, it was necessary to make a supreme effort and lunge forward as fast as possible to get a grip on both spear and fish. If in doubt you safely ‘threaded’ the animal with a further stitch by pushing the spear completely through and piercing it again in a more secure place: typically through both eyes or behind one operculum (gill cover) and out through the mouth. Often you had to surface, bursting with stale air, and dizzily perform this operation while buffeted by black waves in a tangle of line and barbed spear and struggling prey, the torch clenched beneath one arm and the wooden gun beneath the other. It was not an easy way to feed yourself.

But even in that triumphant moment of the hunt I remember not enjoying pushing a steel rod through a living creature’s eyes. I could feel the slight scrunch of bone and it was gruesome to release it then and watch by torchlight as it swam furiously in all directions with the line through its head, trailing its sightless eyeballs. If the fish was big it was best to kill it straight away because its tuggings could seriously upset your aim, while a dying stingray could blunder into your legs with its agonizing thorn. For this humane deed we would carry a knife strapped to one ankle. But we indifferently allowed smaller fish and cephalopods to die of their wounds. It was noticeable that some species (cuttlefish, parrot fish) tended to die more quickly than others. Moray eels (a fearsome prey underwater at night) and porcupine fish (whose livers were delicious) could survive for hours, even out of water. In those rural backwaters where there are few refrigerators, wounded game is habitually kept alive as long as possible, whether birds, fruit bats or fish.

<continued>