Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 147612 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #8730 on: August 22, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
Think I'll get it. Done that myself. Well, indoors under lamps but that was years ago.

Um, to blahiah a bit: I've been brought up within a family that was in the plant bizz. Even been born in Aalsmeer (14kms/9miles under Amsterdam) which has the biggest clock auction for plants/flowers in the world. Not to boast but it's true. Grandfather sold flowers/plants via said auction site to mostly Scandinavia in his working days. Oldest sis studied 'flora-science' and is almost a walking plant encyclopedia. Tend to ask her stuff a lot. 

Well, I've screwed up plants too. Killing them by being ignorant or something. Also it's not all in one's hands but what could help a bit is.. 'think plant/be plant'.. what does it like/what doesn't. Plus there's so much stuff (free advice) to be found on the netz (and books).
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8731 on: August 22, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
I can never keep plants alive. If I could, Id be rich. Think about that for a second - you'll get it.

Vermiculite, Lava Rock, 1 gallon milk containers cut in half, epsom salts, miracle grow, high pressure sodium lights, a fan and a sealed room = $$$ (if you are willing to sell your creations, I preferred to stockpile myself).

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8732 on: August 22, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »
My uncles just got some new seeds sent from Holland. Has the light up now, but we're hoping they will be able to be grown outdoors.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8733 on: August 22, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
My uncles just got some new seeds sent from Holland. Has the light up now, but we're hoping they will be able to be grown outdoors.

I never understood why anyone would do this.  Can only harvest once a year, they only grow during the day, and you have to wait on the damn planet to rotate around to the right place before they will bloom.  I really preferred 3 harvests a year and forcing my little pretties to do as I say.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8734 on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Lights are great, but my aunt doesnt want them in the house. Weve always found that the room gets really damp and mouldy, even with a dehumidifier running full time.
She also sees it as a fire hazard.

The seeds he got are supposed to be auto-flowering, and can be grown in a greenhouse in all but midwinter.
Whether or not they can really survive all year in our climate remains to be seen.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8735 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:31 AM »
Lights are great, but my aunt doesnt want them in the house. Weve always found that the room gets really damp and mouldy, even with a dehumidifier running full time.

The seeds he got are supposed to be auto-flowering, and can be grown in a greenhouse in all but midwinter.
Whether or not they can really survive all year in our climate remains to be seen.

With led-lights, the fire hazard is gone I guess, and it is a lot better for your electricity bill to.

With led-lights, you can even apply light "within" the plants, getting far more production from one plant only.

In winter, you would have to provide some warmth to the place though, the lamps won't do it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8736 on: August 23, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »

With led-lights, the fire hazard is gone I guess, and it is a lot better for your electricity bill to.

With led-lights, you can even apply light "within" the plants, getting far more production from one plant only.

In winter, you would have to provide some warmth to the place though, the lamps won't do it.

LEDs weren't an option back when I had a green thumb.  That sure would reduce the heat signature and need for ventilation.  I'm surprised they put out the proper intensity and wavelength.  I might have to look into this  :green:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8737 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »

LEDs weren't an option back when I had a green thumb.  That sure would reduce the heat signature and need for ventilation.  I'm surprised they put out the proper intensity and wavelength.  I might have to look into this  :green:

You need both red and blue light it seems.

I was looking for a day-light lamp, and all I found was esotherical stuff, or information on led grow-lights.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8738 on: August 23, 2011, 11:19:44 AM »
Thanks Hyke. I'll tell my uncle to look onto it.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #8739 on: August 27, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
Have several dogs,  but here are the two bitches i have
at my place. 

This is Isabella,  but i call her bella as she is a pretty lady :zoinks: She is seven now.

bella at training club

Sadly Bella's hips were scored as very mild dysplasia,  so won't be breeding from her.  I should
say before anyone says 'Ahhh'  she has no trouble at all with her hips and no degeneration in
her joint,  the score is done on how correctly the joint fits.   She is an awesome dog and has
reached 'champion' status. She also became  'Englands American Bulldog of the Year'
in 2005 by the National Kennel Club in the USA. 

Amy -  was a pup we originally sold to a friend and fellow show host.  We took her back
as she really clashed with his other dogs.   She is very dominant,  but i was very careful
when she arrived and although it has taken twelve months,  i can now have her and Bella
out the run together.  Friends :thumbup:

blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8740 on: August 27, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »
 Awww, Bella and Amy, such cute faces.  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Osensitive1

« Reply #8741 on: August 27, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Cute puppies.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8742 on: August 27, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
gorgeous dogs. and great pics of them too!

P7PSP

« Reply #8743 on: August 27, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
Those are beautiful dogs. The have nice coats.  :2thumbsup:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #8744 on: August 27, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Thanks guy's.   :thumbup: