Author Topic: CALLED DAWKIN'S BLUFF!  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: CALLED DAWKIN'S BLUFF!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »
He certianly has the inflated ego.
So do you.
Not on his level, but yes I do have it.  Anyway, i would mind some parts of being an actor, it would be a good way of escapism.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »
yep.  that's him.

I wouldn't be surprised that you had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

Can't say I entirely dislike the guy, seeing as science hasn't been taken seriously in schools for 25 years or something.
His problem is he acts as if atheism is a religion
He's not an actor.
He wants to be. He certianly has the inflated ego.
I assume you have never met Mr Dawkins, have read none of his books, attended none of his lectures, and know nothing about actors.
please continue with the lesson...
 ::)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »
yep.  that's him.

Can't say I entirely dislike the guy, seeing as science hasn't been taken seriously in schools for 25 years or something.
He's not an actor.
I assume you have never met Mr Dawkins, have read none of his books, attended none of his lectures, and know nothing about actors.

I have done some reading up on articles by people who have read his books, and skimmed a few of his myself. His website really says all though, it so reminded me of scientology. As for his ego, having quotes of yourself in the style of a religious leader says it all really. As for the acting one, I have met people in it properly (I went to the BBC, but that is another story), albeit about 7 years ago. Stop defending the guy because he is at Oxford, I disliked him long before that.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »
Ironically, I have not really met "Dork"ins, but I have met uber-creationist Ken Ham.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »
yep.  that's him.

He's not an actor.

Stop defending the guy because he is at Oxford, I disliked him long before that.
Thanks for the clarification regarding my assumptions.
Your assumptions are incorrect and illogical, don't drag me into your cry-baby i-falied-to-get-in-oxford-because-my-daddy-is-not-rich routine.
( BTW your parents have more money than mine did when i passed the entrance exam. So  :STFU: )

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
yep.  that's him.

He's not an actor.

Stop defending the guy because he is at Oxford, I disliked him long before that.
Your assumptions are incorrect and illogical, don't drag me into your cry-baby i-falied-to-get-in-oxford-because-my-daddy-is-not-rich routine.
( BTW your parents have more money than mine did when i passed the entrance exam. So  :STFU: )

You seem to pop up and defend anything that seems to come from Oxford. As for how much money my parents have, you are making assumptions too.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »
yep.  that's him.

He's not an actor.

You seem to pop up and defend anything that seems to come from Oxford. As for how much money my parents have, you are making assumptions too.
You think i even knew where Mr Dawkins resides.
You're a fucking idiot son. And your mummy and daddy pays for your broadband. There's my assumptions.

The_P

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »
"Peaguy" synonymous with "eeediot", now? Bah, at least I can spell, unlike a certain little hard-on larking about around here. :p
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:14:38 PM by Yoghourt Top »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »
yep.  that's him.

He's not an actor.

You're a fucking peaguy son. And your mummy and daddy pays for your broadband. There's my assumptions.
I made the tincy assumption that you had read Peeguy's post earlier on in the thread yes. Surely you are not going to say that it is an unreasonable one. As for the ones on me, put it like this, I am getting some grant money for university. I see no need to go into anymore detail with you.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »
yep.  that's him.

He's not an actor.

You're a fucking peaguy son. And your mummy and daddy pays for your broadband. There's my assumptions.
I made the tincy assumption that you had read Peeguy's post earlier on in the thread yes. Surely you are not going to say that it is an unreasonable one. As for the ones on me, put it like this, I am getting some grant money for university. I see no need to go into anymore detail with you.
:pwned:

The_P

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
I really don't understand all this uni bollocks, but it's fucking funny when Hardon's getting his piss ripped out of him by various members. ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:44:39 PM by Yoghourt Top »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 12:31:54 PM »
I really don't understand all this uni bollocks, but it's fucking funny when Hardon's getting his piss ripped of him by various members. ;D
Its an ego contest between institutions really, its about who is academically the best. Most of it is superficial and meaningless, and about league tables (oxford gets an inflated score by having a massive asset base in its libraries, even if much of that is the buildings and first editions of books that are not really used by anyone, otherwise cambridge would beat it).

The_P

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 12:33:44 PM »
I'm more interested in the pursuit of knowledge than to play an ego contest with some other associates from a university.

Hypothesis.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
I'm more interested in the pursuit of knowledge than to play an ego contest with some other associates from a university.

Hypothesis.
So am I. But people have their egos unfortuantly, and I am as guilty (if not more so) as those academics.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »

Hypothesis.
So am I. But people have their egos unfortuantly, and I am as guilty (if not more so) as those academics.
It's all in your head son.