Author Topic: Tonight on the bus  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Tonight on the bus
« on: August 13, 2007, 01:48:08 AM »
Just before midnight on the way home from work, some guy on the bus decides to pee on the floor and blame it on another person. The bus driver stops the bus at a bus stop and goes to the back of the bus and tells the three men to get off or he will call the police so they have two choices, get off or he can call the police. The guy who did the peeing gets off but the two remain and talk to the driver instead. He gets on the phone and calls the Trimet place and the two guys get off and so do a few others but me and one guy from my work and two other men stay on the bus. Then the bus driver gets off the phone and apologizes to us and told us we are going to switch buses so he starts it back up and we go to the Trimet place where all the buses go when they stop running for the night after 1 AM. As we pass a bus stop, someone throws something at the bus to get his attention and I see two men holding their arms out to get him to stop but he keeps on going.

Then we get to Trimet and we pull into the parking lot and we switch buses. I don't see what the big deal was about pee on the floor. It dries and we have shoes on so it's not like we are touching it with our bare feet and socks. The bus driver was talking about it but I couldn't understand him very well because he isn't from the USA, he is a immigrant. Lot of immigrants here in Portland. Even my co worker didn't understand what the big deal was about either about pee on the floor.

Of course I tell my friend about it on the cell phone when he called and he said "Sounds like he needs a diaper" and I laugh knowing it was a joke. Lot of times I don't even know he is joking because he is always telling me "I am just messing with you" "It was a joke" "I was just joking"

I didn't get home till 12:21 because of the incident. I normally get home around 11:50 at night.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Tonight on the bus
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:49:45 AM »
I am thinking that the bus driver did that in case someone complained and he got into trouble for ignoring the pee on the floor. He didn't want to risk that happening.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:04 AM »
It seems a bit silly that the bus driver did that (given the amount of urine on the streets), but i get why he did it, some internal regulation or another. At least you were only 30 mins late.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 04:41:17 AM »
Maybe you had to change buses was because urine is a bodily fluid, although you would be less likely to catch anything from contact with urine than with blood.  I wonder if the bus company has a health and safety regulation concerning any bodily fluids.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 05:48:36 AM »
Maybe you had to change buses was because urine is a bodily fluid, although you would be less likely to catch anything from contact with urine than with blood.  I wonder if the bus company has a health and safety regulation concerning any bodily fluids.

They probably do.

Blood is "circle the wagons" time though. They have a special team to help people who spill blood at the  hub/center where my wife works. Everyone else is instructed to step back away from bleeders, until they at least don gloves and eye protection. It is treated like a hazardous material, which it possibly could be.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 07:34:56 AM »
Urine may not be gross to you, but it's un - hygenic.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:40 AM »

Absolutely.
While healthy people generally expell somewhat sanitary urine, the urine is loaded with salts and sugars which will feed and grow almost any bacteria and many fungi it contacts. It can't be ignored, because it will grow.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 09:16:59 AM »

Absolutely.
While healthy people generally expell somewhat sanitary urine, the urine is loaded with salts and sugars which will feed and grow almost any bacteria and many fungi it contacts. It can't be ignored, because it will grow.

How's that different from spilling coke?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Soph

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »
I wouldn't want piss on my shoes.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
I wouldn't want coke on my shoes.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 02:04:51 PM »
every time the driver hits the brakes or starts driving again the pee will flow down the aisles, that is sick.

at my work, we kick outside truck drivers out of the yard for peeing between the containers.  and then we call hazmat to have it cleaned up.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »

Absolutely.

I really don't think it is, except for the psychological impact on most people. I believe that coke will grow quickly, too.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

Absolutely.

I really don't think it is, except for the psychological impact on most people. I believe that coke will grow quickly, too.
you never know.  and like i said, we call in hazmat to clean up other peoples waste.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 02:13:49 PM »
every time the driver hits the brakes or starts driving again the pee will flow down the aisles, that is sick.

at my work, we kick outside truck drivers out of the yard for peeing between the containers.  and then we call hazmat to have it cleaned up.

Don't they have porta-pooters for them to use or are they just marking territories?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 02:18:57 PM »

Don't they have porta-pooters for them to use or are they just marking territories?
these outside drivers are gross.  they could walk into a restroom and then they would take a shit in the corner instead of using the toilet....third world countries and their mindset... ::)
Misunderstood.