Educational

Author Topic: Chemistry is illegal now?  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Chemistry is illegal now?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »
to many quotes

Yes they knew there was a hijacked plane but they were unsure of the target.  Supposedly they had wanted to hit the White House but had a hard time locating it.  The Pentagon is easy to spot from the air "gee  look a big  building with five sides"
The overwhelming odds is that the US knew what it was and chose not to shoot it down. Hence the stacks of censored pages in the congress report and so on. There seems to be alot hidden away outside the public eye.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
to many quotes

Yes they knew there was a hijacked plane but they were unsure of the target.  Supposedly they had wanted to hit the White House but had a hard time locating it.  The Pentagon is easy to spot from the air "gee  look a big  building with five sides"
The overwhelming odds is that the US knew what it was and chose not to shoot it down. Hence the stacks of censored pages in the congress report and so on. There seems to be alot hidden away outside the public eye.

Right, but that was one hell of a decision.
Plus, the Pentagon's tough, nothing escaped.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »
to many quotes

That's all they do make paper work and push it up the line I doubt anybody there would be willing to put their ass on the line rather pass the buck snap decisions is not their forte
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
to many quotes

That's all they do make paper work and push it up the line I doubt anybody there would be willing to put their ass on the line rather pass the buck snap decisions is not their forte
I doubt the millatary are that incompetant.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »
to many quotes

I doubt the millatary are that incompetant.
Not so much incompetent as indecisive.  Though in general I think the whole government is incompetent. The military if you give the something to kill or blow up and tell them it's okay they are really good at it but you have to tell them it's okay first

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
What bothered me was the manner in which
the government was blatantly claiming that
they assumed nothing of the sort could happen.
People were predicting using airplanes as weapons
for over a decade. Now, either the public was
flat out lied to, or the military was incompetent. 

Offline AlCapone

• Part of the Chaos
  • The Clown is You.
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »
Well, that's stupid. You can make pretty dangerous gas/petrol bombs, what are you gonna do, ban the sale of anything flammable?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:12:32 AM by AlCapone »
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »
Well, that's stupid. You can make pretty dangerous gas/petrol bombs, what are you gonna do, ban the sale of anything flammable? w ::)

I'm rather interested in the idea of mixing oxygen with hydrogen, natural gas or some other fuel inside pressurised bottles.  Just get a bottle of each, connect the valves, wait for the contents to diffuse into each other and you have two large explosive charges.  The Glasgow and London bombers tried using bottles of flammable gas, but they had no oxidiser in the bottles, so all they'd have gotten would be a fireball instead of a blast, assuming they'd even managed to obtain some sort of detonation in the first place.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
Well, that's stupid. You can make pretty dangerous gas/petrol bombs, what are you gonna do, ban the sale of anything flammable? w ::)

I'm rather interested in the idea of mixing oxygen with hydrogen, natural gas or some other fuel inside pressurised bottles.  Just get a bottle of each, connect the valves, wait for the contents to diffuse into each other and you have two large explosive charges.  The Glasgow and London bombers tried using bottles of flammable gas, but they had no oxidiser in the bottles, so all they'd have gotten would be a fireball instead of a blast, assuming they'd even managed to obtain some sort of detonation in the first place.

Its not a healthy intrest to have really. Asides making a detonator that works requires quite a bit of electronics knowledge, and depending on what you are trying to explode, high explosive too.

Offline AlCapone

• Part of the Chaos
  • The Clown is You.
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »

Fuel air bombs use the principle of releasing an amount of gas and then igniting/detonating it. Nasty.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »

Fuel air bombs use the principle of releasing an amount of gas and then igniting/detonating it. Nasty.
Without it blowing up in your face, very difficult to do.

Offline AlCapone

• Part of the Chaos
  • The Clown is You.
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

Perhaps that might be someone's intention in the first place.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

Perhaps that might be someone's intention in the first place.
Good job Muslims are dimwits then.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »

I live along the main North South interstate on the East coast we have liquid oxygen , hydrogen and methane tankers going by daily I never like driving near them they make me somewhat nervous .  Two is all you'd need

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »

Fuel-air bombs are horribly difficult to pull off.  You need to engineer it to mix the fuel in exactly the right proportions with the air, evenly over a large volume, in about a second, then have a detonator that will work on the mixture in order to get a devastating explosion, rather than a largely harmless fireball.  Liquid or pressurised oxygen mixed with liquid or pressurised fuel would be a far more reliable explosive.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?