Educational

Author Topic: your best and worst teachers  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: your best and worst teachers
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 06:11:31 PM »
I'm waiting for one of the girls to say the worst teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13, and for one of the guys to say the best teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13.

+

I found P.E. teachers to be so unforgiving, especially if you were a fat bastard.

Mine were pretty good. They even let me make up the state
requirements (I skipped most of my gym days), by just jogging
a mile for each day I missed. Doing that stopped me from being
a fat bastard.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 07:13:20 PM »
The liquid soap in the mouth is really fucked-up and makes anything I've ever had to put up with out of a teacher seem like nothing.  I find it disturbing that it was a special-ed teacher.  Definitely someone who should lose a job.  If it were my kid that happened to, I'd ask for a parent-teacher conference, and then force soap in the teacher's mouth.  (What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.)

Regarding PE coaches and fat bastards...  Try an alcoholic PE coach.  My last ever PE coach actually stashed bottles above the ceiling tiles.  Everybody knew about that shit but he was never fired.  I wasn't too worried about him.  He was too stupid to pull anything anyway, and too drunk to see ten feet in front of him.  I might also mention his nose-picking and once when he stepped away from a urinal in the field house and forgot to put his dick back in his pants first.  To hell with him, though, it was the other students in that class I was always worried about.  (I think you all know about the volatile mix you get when you combine Aspies and PE class, but I just won't go there tonight.)

Since PE is such bullshit, they should at least give you some options.  For example, how about they let you work out at a local dojo after school and you have the sensei sign off on a sheet saying you did indeed burn the requisite number of calories.  Bring the sheet back to your school and use the ass-kicking lessons as your PE credit.

willow

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »
Tell us about your best and worst teachers you had while growing up.  The worst ought to be interesting, so come on, tell us what you REALLY think.

I'll start with a few of mine...

My kindergarten teacher... BITCH!  She sat and did nothing while the other kids fucked with me.  But if I fucked with somebody, she damn sure noticed.

1st and 2nd grade... ASSHOLE!   :finger:  I realize now that the way my brain is wired, I should be one of those people who LOVES math, and I did until this piece of shit fucked it up.  I even had my own scientific calculator (late 1970's, blue fluorescent display) at age seven, and wanted to know what all the extra buttons were for.  Well, that bastard got mad because I already knew about negative numbers before it was time to be taught about them, and "corrected" something I had written on the board during break time.  I had written "2 - 9 = -7" and he switched the 9 and the 2, apparently failing to notice the minus sign before the 7.  Later on, I was having a bad day when everyone was working on multiplication, got frustrated, and flipped out.  He jumped on that opportunity, came storming over from his desk, and manhandled me out of the room.  Years later, I had a flashback to that right in the middle of a calculus test.  Yeah, it takes a real BIG man to manhandle a little six-year-old.  Well, I'm 6'3" now and have a brown belt in karate, so that motherfucker better pray I never recognize him in a dark alley.   >:D  There were rumors that this guy smoked pot.

3rd grade... AWESOME!  Different school.  This teacher saw potential in me, and took extra time to get me moved into the advanced reading group and also to help me with my times tables (though it wasn't fun at the time).  I was still scarred from the asshole 1st & 2nd grade teacher, so math was malassociated and these times tables didn't stick.

4th grade... BITCH!  She didn't like me and made sure I got thrown into special ed for fifth grade.  Okay, so me and some other guys fucked off in class, but god damn!

5th grade... Nice.  This special ed teacher got me put in the gifted class that met one day a week.  She realized I didn't belong in her class, namely because I was the only one in the class who didn't trash the room when upset.  Those others in the class weren't bad guys.  They probably just needed some anger management skills.  I must have been a relief to this teacher.  I bet when this special ed teacher took the job, she never imagined one of her students would take first prize in the science fair.

6th grade gifted social studies... Funny man.  Used humor to keep everyone awake, but didn't take shit from those who fucked off in class.  The classrooms at this school were like giant cubicles in a multi-acre cube farm, so when a teacher yelled at a student, EVERYBODY heard it.   :)  Part of the fun was hearing another student you didn't like getting yelled at.

I'll continue later, and maybe include some of my college professors.  In the meantime, let's hear about some of yours.

wow, that was a big scary wall of text. I confess I didn't read all of it.

I had one teacher that wasn't a piece of shit...my gifted teacher in HS.
she always tried to do her best by me...even if she was dead wrong. I can admire
and respect that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
The liquid soap in the mouth is really fucked-up and makes anything I've ever had to put up with out of a teacher seem like nothing.  I find it disturbing that it was a special-ed teacher.  Definitely someone who should lose a job.  If it were my kid that happened to, I'd ask for a parent-teacher conference, and then force soap in the teacher's mouth.  (What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.)

The teacher denied doing it, then it was a special education teacher's word against my daughter's word and my daughter was an autistic seven year old at that time who had considerable difficulty communicating.  Testifying on a witness stand and undergoing cross examination by the teacher's lawyer was something we did not want to put her through.

I wanted to get the special education teacher fired, but since there was no absolute proof of the soap or the choking, she is still a special education teacher at the same school.  I had to settle for getting my daughter out of there and quietly warning the parents of the other children about what had happened to my daughter.  The school district moved her to a better public school and now they moved her again to a special school for autistic children, where she is doing very well, but she still has flashbacks of that second grade special education teacher.

willow

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »

The teacher denied doing it, then it was a special education teacher's word against my daughter's word and my daughter was an autistic seven year old at that time who had considerable difficulty communicating.  Testifying on a witness stand and undergoing cross examination by the teacher's lawyer was something we did not want to put her through.

I wanted to get the special education teacher fired, but since there was no absolute proof of the soap or the choking, she is still a special education teacher at the same school.  I had to settle for getting my daughter out of there and quietly warning the parents of the other children about what had happened to my daughter.  The school district moved her to a better public school and now they moved her again to a special school for autistic children, where she is doing very well, but she still has flashbacks of that second grade special education teacher.

callaway...that sounds like a nightmare.

<hug>

I started homeschooling my boys...after I found out that my youngest (from other teachers) was screaming and wailing all session long...miserable. daily, I would ask his teacher how things were, and she would chirp and say everything was
well. I was devastated to find out it was the opposite.

I couldn't trust them...so now I keep him with me.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »
I had one teacher that wasn't a piece of shit...my gifted teacher in HS.
she always tried to do her best by me...even if she was dead wrong. I can admire
and respect that.

Along those lines, I have to give credit to the gifted social studies teacher I had in the 7th and 8th grades.  He used essay tests, and I had some kind of mental block that made me freeze on those.  He was never too pleased with that, but he did everything he could think of to get me past that, including asking bits of the questions for me to answer vocally, just to demonstrate that the info was indeed there in my head and that I just had to let go that mental block.  I didn't appreciate that or anything "gifted" at the time.  I hate to have let him down.  Probably my favorite thing he did was when some kids pissed him off.  It was these three guys who'd been giving me shit, and I hated them.  It was satisfying to hear the teacher literally yell at them "IF YOU WANT TO PLAY, GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC!" at the top of his lungs.  (He'd been in the Navy before he became a teacher, so he was expert at the art of yelling.)  Again, this was the giant multi-acre room with big cubicles for classrooms, so I'm sure half the school heard it.  (Kind of like that scene in the second Harry Potter where Ron gets a howler and has to open it in front of everybody during breakfast in the great hall.)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 11:12:50 PM »
I like the way you write, garmonbozia. :)

Did everyone here have gifted classes?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Izaak

• Minister for Agriculture of The Aspie Elite
  • Fresh Meat
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 04:45:42 AM »
Nope, regular school for me. I did, however, manage to just avoid special ed classes. Slow talker/reader/writer.

Which I am thankful for, but never made it to gifted classes.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 07:03:45 AM »
Nope, regular school for me. I did, however, manage to just avoid special ed classes. Slow talker/reader/writer.
Exactly the same with me. Except reading, it was the only thing I could do at the same speed as everyone else.

Seems there are a lot of aspies who went to gifted or advanced classes, though.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 07:46:38 AM »
I always took the gifted science classes.  That was about it. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
I was "gifted" in most academic things, but "slow" in most physical things.

Our school did not offer "gifted" classes, but I almost always took the more advanced classes when I had a choice.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »
Gifted (what a waste), and honors classes - though by HS,
I was troubled enough that they kept changing their minds
what to allow me in.

I volunteered in the special ed program, and discovered that
I had a lot more in common, in terms of how I thought, and
loved learning, with the kids there, than with those in the
mainstream classes. Probably I was just noticing those on
the spectrum. The kid I worked closest with was definitely
autistic. Sweet boy, but he got so frustrated.

Finally beginning to understand what that's  like.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 07:08:11 AM »
When I failed Years 8 and 9, I think they would have put me into Special Ed after that. But I switched schools and they didn't get hold of me ha ha.

I liked most of my science teachers, especially the ones who were enthusiastic and had great interest about what they were teaching.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »
Gifted in elementary school.   Honors and Advanced Placement in Highschool.   I was in the International Baccalaureate program my freshman year of HS, but I decided I wanted to have a life and not study constantly so I stopped doing it my sophmore year.  Sometimes I wish I had the motivation to finish HS in the IB program and really try my hardest in school.   I should have went to UF too (or even somewhere much better).    I just have a problem with caring about anything, let alone what I am going to do with my future.    Major struggle in my life.

My best teacher was my 7th grade Algebra teacher, he took so much extra time out to help the students that had problems with his class.   Just a very helpful and kind person.    He had respect from everyone, even the biggest problem causers loved him by the time he was done with them.

My worst (to some he was the best) was my 9th grade Economics teacher.   He had zero control of the class.   We had people playing strip poker in there and fighting.   I remember I had to throw TNT snap & pops at him to get his attention.   Not to mention it was way too easy to cheat in that class.   Honorable mention goes to my 4th grade teacher, who should have retired years before she taught me.   She had zero classroom control as well.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
What was this teacher smoking if you had to throw Snap-N-Pops to get his attention?