Author Topic: Rude kids in restaurants  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Rude kids in restaurants
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 08:35:23 AM »
what, are you supposed to segregate people just because they have kids?

lol, we do that at my work. We put families in the noisy messy room without carpet.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 08:44:23 AM »
 health risks would be a valid reason to segregate people.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:46:07 AM by McFuck_Yeah! »
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »
"Well, we were going to segregate you because your kids are noisy and would disturb the other customers, but we've decided we're actually going to segregate you because your kids are filthy and diseased and pose a health risk."
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
"Well, we were going to segregate you because your kids are noisy and would disturb the other customers, but we've decided we're actually going to segregate you because your kids are filthy and diseased and pose a health risk."
clever peter.  feeling frisky today, are we?
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »

Not really; I'm quite tired.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »

Not really; I'm quite tired.
i can tell.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »
though an argument could be made over that one youngish lady who was changing her kids diaper in a booth.  how sick is that?  don't they have resrooms?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »

Agreed. I blame the parents when the kids are naughty, unless they're old enough to know better (like 13 year olds)

Most people do.  They automatically assume either that we are terrible parents or our daughter is a brat and they probably never stop to consider that our daughter is autistic and has to deal with things they never thought of dealing with.  I hate when strangers come over and try to correct us while we are dealing with our daughter.  One young woman actually came and sat down with us and kept trying to get me to let go of my daughter's hands, saying that I wasn't being gentle enough with her.  When I finally let go, my daughter threw her Frosty in the woman's face.  At least the woman wore it well.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »

Agreed. I blame the parents when the kids are naughty, unless they're old enough to know better (like 13 year olds)

Most people do.  They automatically assume either that we are terrible parents or our daughter is a brat and they probably never stop to consider that our daughter is autistic and has to deal with things they never thought of dealing with.  I hate when strangers come over and try to correct us while we are dealing with our daughter.  One young woman actually came and sat down with us and kept trying to get me to let go of my daughter's hands, saying that I wasn't being gentle enough with her.  When I finally let go, my daughter threw her Frosty in the woman's face.  At least the woman wore it well.
I wish your daughter had done more than throw a frosty at her....

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »

:laugh:

:plus:

I was mortified at the time and very apologetic to the woman while she used napkins to clean the chocolate Frosty out of her dripping hair and off her face but looking back on it, the woman sort of deserved it and it was pretty funny, not that I would ever let my daughter know.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »

I was mortified at the time and very apologetic to the woman while she used napkins to clean the chocolate Frosty out of her dripping hair and off her face but looking back on it, the woman sort of deserved it and it was pretty funny, not that I would ever let my daughter know.
Oh it was a chocolate frosty, that sounds pretty nasty actually in terms of having to clear it up. If it was my kid (if I end up having them) i would have pissed myself laughing at the woman, but thats just me. You should have said "nice meeting you" (and the usual stuff), and strolled off with your kid in toe. Or bought her another frosty.  ;) How old was your daughter at the time, just out of intrest?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »
Now that most restaurants have abandoned the smoking section, I think they should use it as the "People with annoying little brats section". 
yep.  and the black people.

I'm never quite sure if this is all
sarcasm, or if you're really racist.  :minus:

But, equating the two is ridiculous.
If adults acted the way some of these
kids do, they'd be asked to leave, EVEN
if they were black.

I think it depends heavily on the type of
establishment. Someplace called Hungry
Howies, sounds like one should rather expect
there to be kids about. But, it can ruin the hell
out of a good meal, and I think that finer dining
should do more to prevent this.

Used to be, the smoking section was a good
way to avoid the little shits. Well, unless the
parents were like my mom.
i was being sarchasic, punk assed bitch.

Oh, I KNOW that's what you think.
But, the way you've made some of these
posts, I suspect that a strain of racism runs
under them. Then again, I guess that I have
one too - PitM.

he was talking about segregating people so i wanted to point out what was really meant.

what, are you supposed to segregate people just because they have kids?

Indeed one should. Not necessarily just for having
children, but I'd be pretty pissed if some kid was throwing
a tantrum, or badly misbehaving, and ruined my experience.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
 :evillaugh:  I bet that lady who ended up wearing a Frosty will be minding her own business from now on.  That reminds me of a story I once heard from a co-worker.  Apparently, this co-worker was with family and out to eat at a Morrison's (later Picadilly) restaurant and they were waiting in line to pay.  (At Morrison's, you'd eat and then pay on your way out.)  One of them had a little girl that was starting to get sick, and the mother had to get past someone to get to the restroom, asking some big battleaxe, "Excuse me, we need to get by."  The battleaxe just looked at them.  After a few repetitions of this, the baby vomited all over battleaxe.

Agreed, the diaper-changing in the booth was pretty sick.  As for not paying attention, it's not like I was going "Ooh!  Can I watch!?" or anything like that.  While already looking around the room in disgust, I just happened to notice how the mother was sitting and what she had in her hand. 

That's pretty disgusting about finding a diaper-bomb on top of the table and turds underneath.  I don't think it mattered to those trashy people if there's a flip-down table in the restroom or not.  Kind of like my aunt (or rather, that bitch my uncle married) who would change my cousin's diaper in the bathroom, and then carry a leaky diaper-bomb all the way through the house, right through a crowded living room where people are still eating pumpkin pie, just so she could put it in the trash can under the kitchen sink.  I think some people with kids do all that shit on purpose, as a way to control other people.

That choice of restaurant was definitely a lapse in judgement on my part.  It's just that I really fucking wanted pizza, and after my usual place was closed and I was hell-bent on pizza, the HH was the only other place I could think of.  I damn sure won't be going back.  The place I usually go to is alot quieter and had really good cannolis among the dessert items.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2007, 01:50:32 PM »

Oh it was a chocolate frosty, that sounds pretty nasty actually in terms of having to clear it up. If it was my kid (if I end up having them) i would have pissed myself laughing at the woman, but thats just me. You should have said "nice meeting you" (and the usual stuff), and strolled off with your kid in toe. Or bought her another frosty.  ;) How old was your daughter at the time, just out of intrest?

I think she was ten.  It was not that long ago.

No, I did not buy my daughter another Frosty.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »

I think she was ten.  It was not that long ago.

No, I did not buy my daughter another Frosty.

You so should have. Do you not buy your kids extras if they accidently drop their food?