Author Topic: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.  (Read 36625 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.
« Reply #1035 on: September 29, 2006, 03:51:48 PM »
Mcjagger your old school view of mediator as being a "fluffer" or "massager" has basically just lost you any possibility of getting my vote completely, sorry mate. Purposeful however gains my vote and support along with my respect (which can sometimes be hard to acheive ) due to her comments. +1 purposeful good luck with the campaign, and i genuinely mean that, i hope you have a better understanding of what i meant, and you see my comments werent meant in a disrespectful way etc.

this is fine.

however, it certainly shows a hypocritical stance on your original post, where you mentioned several times about mediation on a message board and a band-aid.

my stance is simple.

if there comes a point when a mediator must make a decision, then they did not do their job effectively.
and furthermore, a site mediator(s) should never involve themselves on the regular members board.  so therefore they are simply an observer of the servants (administrators), and they step in and:

*make sure certain topics get rolling (in the admin panel)
*make a simple pm when it seems like admins are having a bitchslap fight. to find out what is up, since 9 out of 10 times the issue boils down to miscommunication.
*add humour when appropriate
*other on the job, gut instinct calls, which ideally, do not require one of the liasons (fluffers) to have to role up their sleeves and make hard choices.

furthermore, i am disapointed that you chose to hone in on a silly attempt at humour for your reasonings.  seems quite shallow to me.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1036 on: September 29, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »
Damn right I do you saucy beast! ;)

Please?

The bottom line is, to be a mod on a site, you need to have equal amounts of cuntishness and decentishness. You have em both you silly moo.

Still though, it's good to wind people up...Andriea is great at that. I say Andriea for mod type person with that authority thing going on.

Plus she can give me like 50 million YAY karma points etc....

*+1 to me for not taking anything seriously*

As proof of this let me tell you that today I smiled as I was told I'd lost my job.
Created by humans...powered by METAL!!!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1037 on: September 29, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
Yes i do believe that mediation is typically used as a band aid (its a case of trying to get the best out of it and finding the right people to do that), and will continue to be a band aid in most cases on the board, especially if people like you or those with old school views or master manipulators etc are mediator.

Mcjagger im not shallow, and its not just your silly attempt at humour. I do wonder about you sometimes.

Yeah Mcjagger there will be alot of situations that only really arise due to miscommunication and misinterpretation issues which is easy enough to smooth over the majority of the time, however there will no doubt be those that come to the fore which will be a little more than that (not just amongst admins), and thats when the role of "mediator" should be used in as best a way as possible and the people in that role should try make the most of it and their abilities, to get to the bottom of things and find a possible solution.

Thats my point blank opinion and you can take that however you like it.

Jizz, you've got no chance buddy and stop saying silly things :P
Plus if being honest and saying what i think, is being cuntish then hey im proud to be a cunt, but i dont have much interest in being a mod. ;D
You smiled when you were given the boot........then you ran around the lawn naked screaming FREEDOM. Youve also been drinking. ;)

Btw those new emoticons are hysterical (obv my fave is the one with the rifle). :tooledup: ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:44:46 PM by Hypnotica_Gaze »

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1038 on: September 29, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »
No no, I just meant you have the harsh but fair attitude.....just wasn't worded terribly well :P

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1039 on: September 29, 2006, 11:49:42 PM »
Its alright, dont worry about it. ;D

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1040 on: September 30, 2006, 12:49:40 AM »
Stop making me squirm then :P

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1041 on: September 30, 2006, 02:48:40 AM »
Mcjagger your old school view of mediator as being a "fluffer" or "massager" has basically just lost you any possibility of getting my vote completely, sorry mate. Purposeful however gains my vote and support along with my respect (which can sometimes be hard to acheive  ;)) due to her comments. +1 purposeful good luck with the campaign, and i genuinely mean that, i hope you have a better understanding of what i meant, and you see my comments werent meant in a disrespectful way etc.

Thank you for explaining further what you meant- I am glad that I managed to explain how I see the role clearly. And also thank you for your support  :)

I would like to add however that I kind of understand what Mcjagger means with his 'site fluffer' jokes- I believe that trying to help develop a sense of community amongst the members could also be considered an important aspect (an non-traditional one sure) of the mediator role.  As one example, the chat nights have been going well and I know I have already developed a better understanding of a couple of members because of them.      I also don't believe that 'fluffer' is the only role he sees a site mediator filling- perhaps it might be an idea if you give him a chance to explain how he feels mediation should work on here fully before deciding whether or not to vote for him?  (btw, this isn't a dig I just personally believe he takes the role seriously and so shouldn't be written off so quickly).

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1042 on: September 30, 2006, 09:26:07 AM »
 :flame: oh i had to use that emoticon.

Yes purposeful i get what your saying, as i think i said the fluffer joke wasnt my only reason, i had other doubts, but i will try take it up with Mcjagger in private before the vote.

Also, no probs.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1043 on: September 30, 2006, 10:00:03 AM »
:flame: oh i had to use that emoticon.

Yes purposeful i get what your saying, as i think i said the fluffer joke wasnt my only reason, i had other doubts, but i will try take it up with Mcjagger in private before the vote.

Also, no probs.

Ok, thanks and yeah the new emoticons are pretty cool.  :woohoo:

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1044 on: September 30, 2006, 10:01:09 AM »
lol ;D

thepeaguy

« Reply #1045 on: September 30, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »
When performing oral sex, do you enjoy swallowing a man's spunk?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 01:00:12 PM by thepeaguy »

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1046 on: September 30, 2006, 06:44:03 PM »
The old do you spit or swallow.

Well im a polite girl really ;) but i shall not give a complete answer to that question, being a lady and all.  :angel:

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1047 on: October 02, 2006, 03:51:44 AM »
Have you ever realised that most birds don't urinate?

I mean birds with wings not black ski pants and prams.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1048 on: October 02, 2006, 10:19:01 AM »
youve never kept birds have you ;)

I cant say i sit and watch for the magpies to urinate. ;D

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1049 on: October 02, 2006, 10:22:25 AM »
And just for fun I looked up whether this was true or not (because I doubted it was) and here's the answer  :LOL:

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbirdpee.html