Educational

Author Topic: Robin Williams's 10 step peace plan  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Robin Williams's 10 step peace plan
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
I lol'd several times at this btw.   Well depends on how seriously you take this or if you are an American and have heard this type of stuff from someone before.

Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan... what we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one:

1.  The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.

2.  We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3.  All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4.  All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5.  No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6.  The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy-wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7.  Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8.  If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9.  Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10.  All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE!

While I laughed at most of this, I do agree with a little of it in that I am an isolationist.   I think the rest of the world needs to see what it is like when America stops being world police and they end up doing it themselves.
:P   Internets are super serious.

purposefulinsanity

Re: Robin Williams's 10 step peace plan
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »
Damn who'd have though Robin Williams was secretly such a twunt?  ::)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 08:26:42 AM »

He is a comedian and you took this seriously lololololol.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:16 AM »

He is a comedian and you took this seriously lololololol.

No but comedians generally don't come out with something that doesn't have a grain of truth in it from their point of view. Its unusual for someone taking the piss out of other people not to at least partly mean it.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:10 AM »
Well all indications in the past from Mr. Williams is that he is super liberal, pretty much radical.    Have you seen his stand up at all?   He is out there and rarely serious about anything at all.   There is much speculation that this wasn't even written by him.   I left out his last line by the way, just to fuck with people.   Here it is:   

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me!!?'"

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »
Maybe I'm just used to the British crap where racist, sexist and homophobic comedians actually believe the bullshit they spout.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »
Maybe I'm just used to the British crap where racist, sexist and homophobic comedians actually believe the bullshit they spout.

Some comedians can switch sides freely, make fun of everything.   Nothing is taboo.   That is what I think comedy should be.   You should make no concessions and never fear of offending anyone if you are really joking.   Otherwise you are just watering down your act.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 09:02:06 AM »
Don't mind me I seem to have lost my sense of humour this afternoon- its surprising how 3 kids who won't stop fighting can do that to a person.  :laugh:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 09:42:53 AM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
Like I said about the speculation that it wasn't written by him.   I am not surprised that some other jackass would have put this together.   Well it doesn't change the fact that it is ridiculous and over the top.   Maybe I just like laughing at things that are really wrong, like Nancy Kerrigan crying on the ground after her leg got broken.    This seems like a collection of things said by rednecks in bars.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

It's the lack of coke.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »

took the words right out of my mouth, along with the rest of your arguments, and i haven't got 3 kids driving me up the wall.

Snopes.

ta, sexy - that makes more sense.   :-*

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »
What arguments?   It is a jackass thing written to either offend, make people laugh or both.   You have to love the internet.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
What arguments?   It is a jackass thing written to either offend, make people laugh or both.   You have to love the internet.
I disagree.  I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who truly agree with these so called "plans".

Myself not included.   However, I can think of one or two rednecks at work who would.

Speaking of which, my boss actually has a sign posted in the kitchen that reads:

ATTENTION

We've just been notified by Security that there have been seven suspected terrorists working out of your office. Six of the seven have been apprehended. Bin Sleepin, Bin Loafin, Bin Goofin, Bin Surfin, Bin Lunchin and Bin Drinkin have been taken into custody.

Security advised us that they could find no one fitting the description of the seventh cell member, Bin Workin, at your office. Security is confident that anyone who looks like he's Bin Workin will be very easy to spot.

I want to tear it down every time I read it.  I find it highly offensive... not necessarily because it is degrading people of a different culture, but that shit just isn't funny.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »

I want to tear it down every time I read it.  I find it highly offensive... not necessarily because it is degrading people of a different culture, but that shit just isn't funny.

:laugh:  That kind of shit is just such fucking lazy humour.