Educational

Author Topic: Ask dunc anything (if you must)  (Read 29781 times)

duncvis

Re: Ask dunc anything (if you must)
« Reply #1365 on: April 20, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »
there was a problem with the SQL server earlier this evening. Clear your cache Dawg, its back up now. :)

ozymandias

« Reply #1366 on: April 20, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
His what now?

It's a "Doctor WHo" thing!  The Nestene were a type of intelligence that was able to use plastic as a viable body source. 

duncvis

« Reply #1367 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:46 PM »
/resurrected

ask me something. I know I haven't been around much until a few weeks ago, but this was buried halfway down page three. I guess my 15 minutes are up.  :tumbleweed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1368 on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »

What are the consequences for not bowing on bended knee before the King of the Internet?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1369 on: October 08, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »
my majesty dims a little bit more.  :violin:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1370 on: October 08, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
my majesty dims a little bit more.  :violin:

*turns on the light*

:respect:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1371 on: October 08, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
thank you.  :lol:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1372 on: October 08, 2008, 02:53:04 PM »
:worship:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1373 on: October 08, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »
/resurrected

ask me something. I know I haven't been around much until a few weeks ago, but this was buried halfway down page three. I guess my 15 minutes are up.  :tumbleweed:

Gone on any good hikes lately?

:green:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1374 on: October 09, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »
i was thinking this a little while ago: how's things going, with the no-smoking and hikes and all that?  has the diabetes started balancing out yet?

and are you a twiglet?  (not expecting a serious answer to that one, but you get the gist).

duncvis

« Reply #1375 on: October 09, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »
/resurrected

Gone on any good hikes lately?

:green:

Yeah, a few.  8)

i was thinking this a little while ago: how's things going, with the no-smoking and hikes and all that?  has the diabetes started balancing out yet?

and are you a twiglet?  (not expecting a serious answer to that one, but you get the gist).

no smoking fell by the wayside, after 16 months off the buggers, in May - thanks to Xan developing a new behavioural wrinkle (doing a runner when thwarted. any time, any where). Trying to quit again.

Hiking whenever I get the chance. Details are on t'Drivel in my blog.  :headbang2:

Diabetes seems to be under control nicely. I'm not a twiglet yet, but have gone a long way - only about three stone to go now.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1376 on: October 09, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »

no smoking fell by the wayside, after 16 months off the buggers, in May - thanks to Xan developing a new behavioural wrinkle (doing a runner when thwarted. any time, any where). Trying to quit again.

Hiking whenever I get the chance. Details are on t'Drivel in my blog.  :headbang2:

Diabetes seems to be under control nicely. I'm not a twiglet yet, but have gone a long way - only about three stone to go now.

I wish I knew what to tell you that would help, but different kids are so different.

My nephew stopped doing it after I showed him a squashed squirrel and explained that could happen to him if he ran off into the street and a car hit him, but it did not work for my daughter at all.

I wound up having to spank my daughter when she did it, because nothing else I tried worked.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1377 on: October 10, 2008, 02:21:51 AM »

yee har!  sounds good to me, although the fags are a pain (don't i know it  ::) ).

/hands bruv a staple gun...

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1378 on: October 13, 2008, 12:54:16 AM »
I wish I knew what to tell you that would help, but different kids are so different.

My nephew stopped doing it after I showed him a squashed squirrel and explained that could happen to him if he ran off into the street and a car hit him, but it did not work for my daughter at all.

I wound up having to spank my daughter when she did it, because nothing else I tried worked.
I used to run away from school a lot (don't know how I managed not to get injured or something) but not from home because my mum would tell me to go to my room (where I felt safe) and she would tell my sisters to leave me alone.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1379 on: November 11, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »
'ere, bruv, i just posted something about WWS (wrong window syndrome), and was reminiscing: do you remember that fucking hysterical time when that utter moose was trying to cyber with me, and i was giving you the gory details?  and then i got WWS, and he was so enthralled with the whole process (in which i was playing a mere observer role, as i wasn't even joining in, not that he noticed :laugh: ) that he didn't even realise?

:LMAO:

ah, happy days...   :lol: