Educational

Author Topic: Amanda Baggs' video  (Read 9720 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Amanda Baggs' video
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »
Does it not occur to you that people only allow a very limited part of themselves to be seen publicly online, yet with close friends they allow more of themselves to show?  Do you know anything about all the shit that was happening at WP when many of us were members?
Surprisingly I kept an eye on wrong planet for quite a while, i just did not post there because of the fact that too many people were utterly suicidal for my liking. I am sure she has a different persona in person, but the persona i get to see is the online one, and thats the one i have to deal with.

So you've had this amazing ability to see people's real character and even to read what was going on in a private admin forum, on IM, email, etc for the past 3 years have you?
I could infer most of it from the forums, or what I read of them. It didnt seem very pleasent, hence I chose not to post there. My ability to read character has worked very well on NT's largely over the years, put it like this any that shit on me from too high got what was coming to them, and i used character assessments to plan and then implement.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »
i wouldn't mind if it weren't just hadron spitting out his dummy cos i called his bluff and he's a poor loser.  what a waste of his energy.  he could be solving the Goldbach conjecture, or something.

oh no, sorry, he couldn't - kosmo pointed that out a couple of days ago.  but then, that's what an Oxford education does for you.

get over it, hadron.  i'm quite willing to engage with you, as you obviously have a brain, if only you'd just stop having to be so bloody superior (and admit your limitations - a sign of maturity) the whole time.
Fine, we can drop it, if you are willing to engage with me in a non-patronisng manner then I can get on with you. As for the Oxford story there is well more to it then me getting rejected, if you are really intrested then PM me. I have a feeling you would have been as equally pissed off with them as I am with them if you were there.

i've already dropped it, hon - i'm not the one zooming round the board carrying it all over the place into other threads.  nor have i been post stalking (and don't deny it, cos i've been watching you do it).

you've already told me the Oxford story, i believe - you admitted to having AS on your application form, etc.  i do read your posts.  well, i did, at that point.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »
Thank fuck for that.  Does that mean we can drop all the bitchy comments, character assassination, etc and either get back to the real debate or just agree to disagree?

duncvis

« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »
* Silent Dunc questions everyone's diagnosis hopefully :arrr:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
:laugh:

Thank fuck for that.  Does that mean we can drop all the bitchy comments, character assassination, etc and either get back to the real debate or just agree to disagree?

amen to that, sister.  ::)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2007, 03:06:17 PM »
i wouldn't mind if it weren't just hadron spitting out his dummy cos i called his bluff and he's a poor loser.  what a waste of his energy.  he could be solving the Goldbach conjecture, or something.

oh no, sorry, he couldn't - kosmo pointed that out a couple of days ago.  but then, that's what an Oxford education does for you.

get over it, hadron.  i'm quite willing to engage with you, as you obviously have a brain, if only you'd just stop having to be so bloody superior (and admit your limitations - a sign of maturity) the whole time.
Fine, we can drop it, if you are willing to engage with me in a non-patronisng manner then I can get on with you. As for the Oxford story there is well more to it then me getting rejected, if you are really intrested then PM me. I have a feeling you would have been as equally pissed off with them as I am with them if you were there.

i've already dropped it, hon - i'm not the one zooming round the board carrying it all over the place into other threads.  nor have i been post stalking (and don't deny it, cos i've been watching you do it).

you've already told me the Oxford story, i believe - you admitted to having AS on your application form, etc.  i do read your posts.  well, i did, at that point.
There is way more to what I put on the application form, if i said it on public forum I would be in shit as you could narrow me down to one person with a call to Oxford. As for post stalking, what do you mean by that? You now see why my IP isnt handed out dont you?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »
There's a who is online page where you can see what people are doing- although only admins can see IP addresses on there.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
There's a who is online page where you can see what people are doing- although only admins can see IP addresses on there.
Can you link me to that please, sounds intresting. May I ask Lucifer why were you spying on me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2007, 03:11:23 PM »
There is way more to what I put on the application form, if i said it on public forum I would be in shit as you could narrow me down to one person with a call to Oxford. As for post stalking, what do you mean by that? You now see why my IP isnt handed out dont you?

i wouldn't ask you to post it publicly - you know how i feel about that sort of thing.  if you want to offload, then do so - you know how to PM.

as for the ISP thing: posting directly after someone, regularly and frequently, is a bit of a giveaway, especially in threads you're not engaged in, or haven't been, before. 

i'm not going to stalk you or "out" you or anything like that, hadron, don't worry.  why would i want to?

EDIT:  hit "post" before i'd read the new posts.  i'm not and haven't been spying on you, oh paranoid one - read the second para above.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »
I assume that was referring to both parties antagonising Lucifer?
Sounded like it was aimed more at Hadron than me, but Dunc can correct me if I'm wrong.

old news, pyraxis: it's all been said before - and a lot better mind you - by the likes of McJ, eammon, and the rest of the (then) lynch mob.  (apologies, chaps, as we've managed to get over it now).
Do you mean the mess when Intensity 1 went down and people blamed it on you? I don't know what connections you're trying to make here, but I hadn't said anything about that. Aside from the bit to Hadron, all I'd said about you was that unsubstantiated claims were poor argument, and I thought we resolved that pages ago. Defensive much? You're not quite as over it as you'd like to pretend, if you're seeing it everywhere.

I said to Hadron that you acted differently on WP/OTS than here, I didn't say that it was news to everyone. Hadron, just like Dunc pointed out, doesn't know you from Adam.

and nice to see your sweetie on here this afternoon, to give you advice on what to say.  at least i don't go running off crying to mummy when i'm challenged.
No, you just go running off period.
Actually, he hasn't even read this thread. I haven't asked for any advice from him about this argument, and he hasn't offered any. I imagine that he would find your assumptions as entertaining as I do, though.

Quote from: Hadron
I was merely defending Pyraxis.
Thanks, but not necessary. At the rate you're antagonizing most other people on this site, supporting me will hinder me more than it will help me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2007, 03:15:36 PM »
Can you link me to that please, sounds intresting. May I ask Lucifer why were you spying on me?

The link to it is at the bottom of the index page- right above the names of the members online.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?action=who

BTW- many of us are addicted to that page waiting to see if people are posting yet  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »

i wouldn't ask you to post it publicly - you know how i feel about that sort of thing.  if you want to offload, then do so - you know how to PM.

as for the ISP thing: posting directly after someone, regularly and frequently, is a bit of a giveaway, especially in threads you're not engaged in, or haven't been, before. 

i'm not going to stalk you or "out" you or anything like that, hadron, don't worry.  why would i want to?

EDIT:  hit "post" before i'd read the new posts.  i'm not and haven't been spying on you, oh paranoid one - read the second para above.
Oh, I use the top menus with unread posts/ replies so i can flit in and out, so it searches for posts for me automatically, hence the apparent fliting around and spying. Ill send you a PM asking if you really want the story, and asking if you wont blab it etc. As for being paranoid, i am a wannabe politician, and i dont want convos being dragged from intensity when i am in a position of power.
Cheers PI, ill take a peek.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »

amen to that, sister.  ::)

I'd be happy to split this off elsewhere. It's been bugging me that the video debate got derailed too.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »

Do you mean the mess when Intensity 1 went down and people blamed it on you?

nope.  nice try, though.

No, you just go running off period.

do i?  care to explain?

Actually, he hasn't even read this thread. I haven't asked for any advice from him about this argument, and he hasn't offered any.

if you say so.  just coincidence that the first time he's here in ages happens to be when you've spent 10 minutes reading this thread and then disappearing, is it?  twice.  tut, tut, pyraxis.

I imagine that he would find your assumptions as entertaining as I do, though.

naturally. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2007, 04:09:58 PM »
You do know you can always comment on her video Hadron on the site. Just write in your comment how you feel about her video and your concern on what impression it give NTs about autism.

Good idea but it's not Hadron's style. He likes to whine about things, not actually do anything about them. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein