Educational

Author Topic: Amanda Baggs' video  (Read 9690 times)

duncvis

Re: Amanda Baggs' video
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I don't think you're in much of a position to make a character assessment of her, considering you don't actually know her. You really are a fucktard sometimes.  :wanker:

The_P

« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »
I don't think you're in much of a position to make a character assessment of her, considering you don't actually know her. You really are a fucktard sometimes.  :wanker:

I assume that was referring to both parties antagonising Lucifer?

Anyhow, I think my experience with her in public speaks more volumes than the assumptions permitted by the naysayers of this site.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
I am skilled at character assessments, condering when I apply them they dont usually blow up in my face. People put on facades in person as well Peegai, (speaking as someone who does himself), you must always be careful. Dont trust anyone, unless you have something on them.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2007, 02:39:46 PM »
old news, pyraxis: it's all been said before - and a lot better mind you - by the likes of McJ, eammon, and the rest of the (then) lynch mob.  (apologies, chaps, as we've managed to get over it now).

it didn't work.  try again.

and nice to see your sweetie on here this afternoon, to give you advice on what to say.  at least i don't go running off crying to mummy when i'm challenged.

The_P

« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
I am skilled at character assessments, condering when I apply them they dont usually blow up in my face. People put on facades in person as well Peegai, (speaking as someone who does himself), you must always be careful. Dont trust anyone, unless you have something on them.

Speak for yourself, child.

duncvis

« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

You are an overconfident teenage fuckwit. I consider Lucifer a close personal friend and have known her for several years. I think that trumps your halfwitted assumptions.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »

You are an overconfident teenage fuckwit. I consider Lucifer a close personal friend and have known her for several years. I think that trumps your halfwitted assumptions.

Ditto- if you were so great at character assessments you'd know that Pyraxis has a vested interest in getting involved with this Lucifer bashing.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »

Which facet. She seems to display different ones in different forums, or has she just changed over the years. You are capable of making your own judgements though, just as I am capable of making mine.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »

Ditto- if you were so great at character assessments you'd know that Pyraxis has a vested interest in getting involved with this Lucifer bashing.
Surprisingly i dont care about motives, and again Lucifer bashed her first on this thread i think you will find. I was merely defending Pyraxis.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
Does it not occur to you that people only allow a very limited part of themselves to be seen publicly online, yet with close friends they allow more of themselves to show?  Do you know anything about all the shit that was happening at WP when many of us were members?

duncvis

« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »

Which facet. She seems to display different ones in different forums, or has she just changed over the years. You are capable of making your own judgements though, just as I am capable of making mine.

Exactly. The difference being that I and a number of others here have far more information available with which to form that opinion. People are more complex than you seem to appreciate and it is perfectly possible to behave in different ways in different settings - its called appropriate behaviour. I would not respond to my children in the same way I would to an alleged adult, or to a vulnerable person seeking advice. Context is also important.

Either way, you're arguing from a position of ignorance. So shut the fuck up.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »
Does it not occur to you that people only allow a very limited part of themselves to be seen publicly online, yet with close friends they allow more of themselves to show?  Do you know anything about all the shit that was happening at WP when many of us were members?
Surprisingly I kept an eye on wrong planet for quite a while, i just did not post there because of the fact that too many people were utterly suicidal for my liking. I am sure she has a different persona in person, but the persona i get to see is the online one, and thats the one i have to deal with.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »
i wouldn't mind if it weren't just hadron spitting out his dummy cos i called his bluff and he's a poor loser.  what a waste of his energy.  he could be solving the Goldbach conjecture, or something.

oh no, sorry, he couldn't - kosmo pointed that out a couple of days ago.  but then, that's what an Oxford education does for you.

get over it, hadron.  i'm quite willing to engage with you, as you obviously have a brain, if only you'd just stop having to be so bloody superior (and admit your limitations - a sign of maturity) the whole time.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
Surprisingly I kept an eye on wrong planet for quite a while, i just did not post there because of the fact that too many people were utterly suicidal for my liking. I am sure she has a different persona in person, but the persona i get to see is the online one, and thats the one i have to deal with.

So you've had this amazing ability to see people's real character and even to read what was going on in a private admin forum, on IM, email, etc for the past 3 years have you?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2007, 02:58:04 PM »
i wouldn't mind if it weren't just hadron spitting out his dummy cos i called his bluff and he's a poor loser.  what a waste of his energy.  he could be solving the Goldbach conjecture, or something.

oh no, sorry, he couldn't - kosmo pointed that out a couple of days ago.  but then, that's what an Oxford education does for you.

get over it, hadron.  i'm quite willing to engage with you, as you obviously have a brain, if only you'd just stop having to be so bloody superior (and admit your limitations - a sign of maturity) the whole time.
Fine, we can drop it, if you are willing to engage with me in a non-patronisng manner then I can get on with you. As for the Oxford story there is well more to it then me getting rejected, if you are really intrested then PM me. I have a feeling you would have been as equally pissed off with them as I am with them if you were there.