Author Topic: Amanda Baggs' video  (Read 9783 times)

The_P

Re: Amanda Baggs' video
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2007, 07:14:20 AM »
can somebody please kill the thread by questioning Hardon's diagnosis? I rexckon he's got Twat's Syndrome meself...
i think he has FVS
forever virginitis syndrome.

Fuck you.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »

*whispers to Dunc*

I think it's working.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

*whispers to Dunc*

I think it's working.

:evillaugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »
can somebody please kill the thread by questioning Hardon's diagnosis? I rexckon he's got Twat's Syndrome meself...
i think he has FVS
forever virginitis syndrome.

Fuck you.
a declaration, pea?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2007, 09:22:21 AM »
unfair, pyraxis, as you know full well how private a person i am, and have always been on whichever board i've posted on, and i know you feel the same way - at least in part - yourself.  "a convenient out" etc. is point scoring, and , i thought, beneath you.

It's both point scoring and valid. I really do think it hurts your argument to make vague grandiose claims about yourself ("I may well have saved your life at some point" etc.) and then clam up when asked to elaborate.

As for whether it's beneath me, I made my intentions clear (and at the moment it looks like the insurance mess isn't going to be as bad as I'd feared). I was practising both how to talk down an unreasonable person (Hadron) and challenge somebody I'd normally be wary of (you). I don't have enough practice in debate yet to know whether I'm more effective with attacks like going after your need for privacy, or with flies-and-honey like granting inconsequential points and then illustrating the clarity of my position anyway. Trial run.  :)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

GalileoAce

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
This thread is boring now.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »
 ::) So fix it or quit bitching.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

GalileoAce

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
* Great Almighty (GA) fixes it by un-notifying the thread.

Done :)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
unfair, pyraxis, as you know full well how private a person i am, and have always been on whichever board i've posted on, and i know you feel the same way - at least in part - yourself.  "a convenient out" etc. is point scoring, and , i thought, beneath you.

It's both point scoring and valid. I really do think it hurts your argument to make vague grandiose claims about yourself ("I may well have saved your life at some point" etc.) and then clam up when asked to elaborate.

As for whether it's beneath me, I made my intentions clear (and at the moment it looks like the insurance mess isn't going to be as bad as I'd feared). I was practising both how to talk down an unreasonable person (Hadron) and challenge somebody I'd normally be wary of (you). I don't have enough practice in debate yet to know whether I'm more effective with attacks like going after your need for privacy, or with flies-and-honey like granting inconsequential points and then illustrating the clarity of my position anyway. Trial run.  :)
You calling me unreasonable, go ahead and explain where...

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:41 AM »

:LMAO:   :plus:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2007, 10:42:39 AM »

:LMAO:   :plus:

:LMAO:

GA - a man of means, by all means!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »

So, once again, you are treating the people here like lab rats, Pyraxis?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »

Pyraxis isnt the only one who does it, i have a small habit of doing it...

The_P

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »

Someone is doing the same thing to you too. Hahaha.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2007, 12:17:35 PM »

Someone is doing the same thing to you too. Hahaha.
The difference is that i have a bigger collection of lab rats...