Author Topic: Amanda Baggs' video  (Read 9551 times)

The_P

Re: Amanda Baggs' video
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
Why have you decide to keep attacking Lucifer and anyone who tries to stick up for her?  You're not even adding anything to the debate now, you're just making yourself look petty and childish.   I know you must have more to offer than this.
If you read through more carelfully, Lucifer begins by attacking me. And then Peegai joins in. Ask them.

Yeah, because of your insensitive post regarding Amanda Baggs.
Oh, is she some kind of taboo we are not allowed to criticise or something?

Where did I say you weren't allowed to criticise Amanda Baggs? All I noted was the reason behind the hostility you seem to be getting. Get outta the kitchen if you can't take the heat, and all that crap.

(I'm just not bothered with I2 today. Seriously.)

duncvis

« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »
cockmaster.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2007, 12:03:25 PM »
Maybe she just got bored of the circular argument.
Possible explaination, then she should have started it then if its true.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »

I will do, the next time I get anything patronising or guerilla arguement. Are you still gheying her, Calandale...?

I wasn't making a huge habit of it.
I think I hit her twice.

Might have done a yay too though.
I don't pay attention to what I do.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »

I will do, the next time I get anything patronising or guerilla arguement. Are you still gheying her, Calandale...?

I wasn't making a huge habit of it.
I think I hit her twice.

Might have done a yay too though.
I don't pay attention to what I do.
Oh you and your randomness...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:29 AM »
unfair, pyraxis, as you know full well how private a person i am, and have always been on whichever board i've posted on, and i know you feel the same way - at least in part - yourself.  "a convenient out" etc. is point scoring, and , i thought, beneath you.

It's both point scoring and valid. I really do think it hurts your argument to make vague grandiose claims about yourself ("I may well have saved your life at some point" etc.) and then clam up when asked to elaborate.

fair point.

As for whether it's beneath me, I made my intentions clear (and at the moment it looks like the insurance mess isn't going to be as bad as I'd feared). I was practising both how to talk down an unreasonable person (Hadron) and challenge somebody I'd normally be wary of (you). I don't have enough practice in debate yet to know whether I'm more effective with attacks like going after your need for privacy, or with flies-and-honey like granting inconsequential points and then illustrating the clarity of my position anyway. Trial run.  :)

bollocks.  why do you always back down, or find clever (but unconvincing) excuses when challenged?  instead of your usual underhand methods, why don't you actually engage someone in an upfront debate?

as for the "oh, i make my intentions clear about using people as guinea pigs" twaddle, no, you don't.  especially not to people with AS.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:12:26 AM by Lucifer »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2007, 03:47:28 AM »
What exactly are you challenging me on?

Whether it's beneath me or not?

Obviously it's not beneath me, because I did it.

Whether I make my intentions clear?

I thought I had - what part is unclear? What might be clearer for a person with AS?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2007, 04:06:50 AM »
i'm challenging you on three points:

1.  why you back down when you call someone (me, often) on something, and then retreat when they (i) respond assertively, as opposed to defensively.

2.  why you claim to be transparent in your motives, when you're anything but (until after the event), and a lot of people with AS (sometimes including manipulative headfuckites like myself) wouldn't know your intentions unless you state them clearly, before, not afterwards.

3.  why do you not actually engage people in an upfront debate, rather than guerilla tactics, and "mea cupla, that's all i was doing" tactics when your challenge is responded to.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »
i'm challenging you on three points:

1.  why you back down when you call someone (me, often) on something, and then retreat when they (i) respond assertively, as opposed to defensively.

2.  why you claim to be transparent in your motives, when you're anything but (until after the event), and a lot of people with AS (sometimes including manipulative headfuckites like myself) wouldn't know your intentions unless you state them clearly, before, not afterwards.

3.  why do you not actually engage people in an upfront debate, rather than guerilla tactics, and "mea cupla, that's all i was doing" tactics when your challenge is responded to.
Lucifer, that pretty much sums up how I see you, asides number 2. Smells of hyporcisy, if you dont mind me saying so.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »
Cause it's much more fun to go after people acting like posturing pricks than people defending themselves well over potentially valid points. I'll attack someone acting assertive if their point is something I seriously disagree with, but that takes it out of the realm of entertaining sparring match and into real debate. For real debate, I'm be much more interested in the information exchange than the petty insults, so I try to cut through the bullshit. Besides, I like assertiveness and want to encourage it.

It's situational. In this particular case of the guinea pigs, I was being transparent. That doesn't mean I'm always transparent. Most of the time I have more than one motivation for the things I do, and it would take way too much time to explain them all (not to mention I'd bore people to tears).
Besides, Dawg had a good point - if I had explained everything beforehand, I wouldn't have been able to get the debate practice.

I do, over things I care about (which has included plenty of site policy decisions in the past; haven't you seen that?) - unless it's some sensitive personal issue, where I'd get too emotional if I were direct.

Hadron - #2 applies to Lucifer too, the way she presents herself on other sites.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2007, 01:13:26 PM »
Lol, pyraxis could you link me please, then I can see the entire post is vivis reflection...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »
I'm banned from WP, but if you really felt like hunting through the archives there, it's all about caring-and-supportive mentor Vetivert, not manipulative mindfuck Lucifer. There's probably some stuff on On the Spectrum as well. The contradiction can be hard to spot, because I've never heard her come out and say directly that her motivations are transparent, it's more of an overall tone. Whatever the online equivalent of body language and voice intonation is.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2007, 01:29:12 PM »
I'm banned from WP, but if you really felt like hunting through the archives there, it's all about caring-and-supportive mentor Vetivert, not manipulative mindfuck Lucifer. There's probably some stuff on On the Spectrum as well. The contradiction can be hard to spot, because I've never heard her come out and say directly that her motivations are transparent, it's more of an overall tone. Whatever the online equivalent of body language and voice intonation is.
Hmm, i could search for her, i have a duff acc that I never posted with there. You do know she is an utterly miserable person, otherwise she wouldnt get a kick out of trying to beat me in an arguement (someone who she considers utterly inferior to herself). Did she use nails or thorns to support people?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Vetivert was lucifer?

Who was her pet?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »
Vetivert was lucifer?

Who was her pet?

I have no idea. Searching for her posts made my skin crawl though, they sound so different to what she says on here. I think I am going to have to back Pyraxis on point 2 as well being accurate for dear Lucifer.