Author Topic: Amanda Baggs' video  (Read 9521 times)

The_P

Amanda Baggs' video
« on: July 22, 2007, 11:12:14 AM »

I like to know what you guys think of this short movie. Do you find it inspiring, or do simply find it to be a complete waste of time?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Amanda Baggs' video
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
i find it utterly amazing that anubend expresses herself so differently online and in real life.  i have mixed feelings about it, relating to how people meeting her make assumptions about her intellectual abilities, given her "outward appreance", compared to the incredibly intelligent, articulate and thoughtful person i've seen online.  it's almost scary, to me.

i think there's something very pure about her physical expression, but the communication aspects of it really freak me out - how frustrated must she be?  of course, this could be pure projection on my part.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »
What a brilliant P.R. victory to autism speaks, im sure they will use clips in their next video...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
i wasn't talking about PR, i was talking about a person's life.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »
i wasn't talking about PR, i was talking about a person's life.
True, thats why i didnt quote you. This Ms Baggs really should have thought before she put out a video out like that, what a great way to persude NT's to do the opposite thing to what she wants them to do...

The_P

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »
You gotta love ED and their "hilarious" website: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Amanda_Baggs

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
You gotta love ED and their "hilarious" website: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Amanda_Baggs
Shall we edit the article and add to it?

The_P

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »

What, exactly, are you going to add? Just so you know that I agree with A.B. What I don't like are people who are misinterpreting what her actual intentions are concerning those two video links I've recently posted here.

And why do people make these assumptions that she has inherited "one of the purest communications from God"? Religious fuckwits... She is not glorifying her real-life behaviour.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 12:01:30 PM by SomeRandomPoof »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »

What, exactly, are you going to add? Just so you know that I agree with A.B. What I don't like are people who are misinterpreting what her actual intentions are concerning those two video links I've recently posted here.

And why do people make these assumptions that she has inherited "one of the purest communications from God"? Religious fuckwits... She is not glorifying her real-life behaviour.
I dont give a rats arse what her intentions are, look at what she has done. Do you want every NT to think that we are bouncing idiots! I assume not. Why does she feel the need to make these idiotic videos that do nothing to further our cause, in fact they send it sky rocketing backwords.
As for editing the article, when i sober up i may have some fun with it, i should have some ideas by the morning...

The_P

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »
If that is what you think, then I have nothing more to add.

Do what you will.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 01:02:11 PM »
If that is what you think, then I have nothing more to add.

Do what you will.
Fair enough, i will do so unless you give me a reasoned arguement otherwise, i am young and still have a vaguely open mind..

The_P

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »
What's the point when you have recently stated that you don't give a fuck as to what her intentions were when making the vids?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »
What's the point when you have recently stated that you don't give a fuck as to what her intentions were when making the vids?

The point is i look at peoples actions, not there supposed intentions behind them. If you can persuade me that her actions are helpful to the cause then I will do nothing, i promise. On the other hand, if you cant...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »

I dont give a rats arse what her intentions are, look at what she has done. Do you want every NT to think that we are bouncing idiots! I assume not. Why does she feel the need to make these idiotic videos that do nothing to further our cause, in fact they send it sky rocketing backwords.
As for editing the article, when i sober up i may have some fun with it, i should have some ideas by the morning...

you supercilious little cunt.  you have absolutely no idea about that woman's life - it's nothing to you but something to "have fun with".

no-one has to justify anything to you, and especially not when every time you open your pathetic mouth, all you can do is make yourself look more like what you are - someone who's been educated beyond their intelligence.

do youself a favour and fuck off until you've learned some basic manners, apart from anything else.

:minus:

edit: in fact, i'll go so far as to say, have a mirror, and may it all come back on you threefold.  you are disgusting.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »

you supercilious little cunt.  you have absolutely no idea about that woman's life - it's nothing to you but something to "have fun with".

no-one has to justify anything to you, and especially not when every time you open your pathetic mouth, all you can do is make yourself look more like what you are - someone who's been educated beyond their intelligence.

do youself a favour and fuck off until you've learned some basic manners, apart from anything else.

:minus:

edit: in fact, i'll go so far as to say, have a mirror, and may it all come back on you threefold.  you are disgusting.
I am disgusting am i Lucifer, takes one to know one...
I have an idea about her life, the fact is unless she wants to be in the next video of Autism Speaks, she should gain a knowledge of PR. As we happen to share the same brand, i think she needs to be wiser with it. Think how the NT's are going to look at it, for christs sake. She has just provided them with a perfect oppotunity. You do understand PR Lucifer, she has just totally humilated herself, and us! As for me being educated beyond my intelligence, prove it. Why are you getting so offended by me being rational Lucifer.