Educational

Author Topic: WHAT THE FUCK!  (Read 1933 times)

duncvis

WHAT THE FUCK!
« on: July 22, 2007, 06:57:54 AM »
Alarm at US right to highly personal data

Quote from: The Observer, 22 July 07
Highly sensitive information about the religious beliefs, political opinions and even the sex life of Britons travelling to the United States is to be made available to US authorities when the European Commission agrees to a new system of checking passengers.

The EC is in the final stages of agreeing a new Passenger Name Record system with the US which will allow American officials to access detailed biographical information about passengers entering international airports.

Full article

So the US government want to profile the rest of us now? Scary.  :grrr:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: WHAT THE FUCK!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 07:02:48 AM »
only when you visit the US.

scary, the erosion of our right to privacy, though.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 07:03:24 AM »
/tries to be surprised, but fails, dismally...

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 07:06:43 AM »
In other news, visitors to the US are now being issued with colour-coded cloth triangles to be worn at all times:

* yellow for Jews,
    * red for politicals,
    * green for criminals,
    * pink for homosexuals,
    * black for anti-socials,
    * purple for Jehovah's Witnesses,
    * blue for immigrants,
    * brown for gypsies.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
That is really scary that they plan to share the information on British travelers to the US with the US government, but how and why does the British government compile all this information on British citizens in the first place?  If I were you, I would be even more concerned with this erosion of my right to personal privacy.  I know that I am very concerned.

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »
I already am - the British government are coming up with all kinds of increased surveillance and data retention projects like biometric passports, a national database, the ability to track vehicles using congestion charging cameras, the ID card scheme, etc etc. Big Brother is already watching us Brits. Still, if you've done nothing wrong you've nothing to fear, right? Today at least. :tantrum:

The_P

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:19:22 AM »
Send Gordon Brown back to Scotland and give them their fucking independence.

Good riddance to bad fucking rubbish.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:37:38 AM »
That is really scary that they plan to share the information on British travelers to the US with the US government, but how and why does the British government compile all this information on British citizens in the first place?  If I were you, I would be even more concerned with this erosion of my right to personal privacy.  I know that I am very concerned.
The British government dont compile it, asides from the bit MI5 may have to add. Most of it is done by the airlines when you buy the ticket or fill out your green card. As for privacy, I would be way more concerned as to what you posted on here than anything the government does, have you heard of a search engine called IDLE

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 10:46:07 AM »
The British government dont compile it, asides from the bit MI5 may have to add. Most of it is done by the airlines when you buy the ticket or fill out your green card. As for privacy, I would be way more concerned as to what you posted on here than anything the government does, have you heard of a search engine called IDLE

No, I haven't.  Could you tell me more about it?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »

Its a search engine on a totally new level, at the minute its just used by the millatary. It can search pretty much any file on the internet and can use psychological connections etc. If we were indexed, and another site were indexed, they could match you up. If everything was indexed, you could be matched up to your real you, everything you do on here. It was made by a Dr Mike Lynch at Cambridge, he has a company called Autonomy (the name has some irony to it). Obviously factual details are difficult to get hold of, but here is Automonys wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomy_Corporation

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 07:16:57 PM »
Wait just a moment everyone... before you all get excited.  This is all for our own safety.  We must be protected from the terrorists.

[/sarcasm]

Fuckers.  Things will be different after the revolution.  Let me know when it starts will you?  I'm right in the middle of a good television program.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »

Its a search engine on a totally new level, at the minute its just used by the millatary. It can search pretty much any file on the internet and can use psychological connections etc. If we were indexed, and another site were indexed, they could match you up. If everything was indexed, you could be matched up to your real you, everything you do on here. It was made by a Dr Mike Lynch at Cambridge, he has a company called Autonomy (the name has some irony to it). Obviously factual details are difficult to get hold of, but here is Automonys wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomy_Corporation

:yikes:

Thanks for this information.  I tried googling IDLE but I didn't find anything.

Scary stuff.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:40:18 PM »
Fascinating. It occurs to me that the techniques used to make a robot appear sentient enough to realistically respond to human emotion would use the same kind of pattern recognition that appears as such an invasion of privacy now when a government does it.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and all that.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 11:26:43 PM »
Fascinating. It occurs to me that the techniques used to make a robot appear sentient enough to realistically respond to human emotion would use the same kind of pattern recognition that appears as such an invasion of privacy now when a government does it.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and all that.

Unless it's Skynet, in which case it kills people all by itself.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 05:15:20 AM »
In other news, visitors to the US are now being issued with colour-coded cloth triangles to be worn at all times:

* yellow for Jews,
    * red for politicals,
    * green for criminals,
    * pink for homosexuals,
    * black for anti-socials,
    * purple for Jehovah's Witnesses,
    * blue for immigrants,
    * brown for gypsies.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: