Author Topic: autismspeaks has ruined starbucks  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: autismspeaks has ruined starbucks
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2007, 05:38:05 PM »
Social services generally don't take kids away from their parents unless there's a hell of a lot of evidence that a the kids are being neglected or abused in some way.  Locally social services have been involved with a single parent family for years- the mother regularly drinks so much she passes out drunk, she abandons her kids with neighbours to go out drinking and taking drugs, she has abusive boyfriends, and her eldest son has been in trouble with the police since he was 7 (including robbing someone at knife point with an older kid when he was only 10) and still they consider her a 'fit' parent.
You seriously havent read my file though, and also in alot of places that sort of behavior would get the kid taken away. I do know someone quite well (I dont think she knows I am an Aspie) who actually makes those decisions, so i do have a measure for what happens.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »
you doubt it's unlikely? :P
Yup, it wudnt surprise me if stacks of aspies get their kids taken away, possibly even at birth...
Oh PI, the fact that your son was 6 means that they wouldnt have suspected parents, it would have been when Dunc got diagnosed you could have had a problem. As for aspies getting taken away, i think i glanced a few articles where it has happened...

you're just talking out of your butt. a few cases makes not a majority.
Put it like this, people around me quite agressively attempt to persuade me not to have kids.

what people are these?
Close Family members mainly, but also some others that I know. It could be because they dont want me to bring another aspie into the world, shock horror...

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »
Yup, it wudnt surprise me if stacks of aspies get their kids taken away, possibly even at birth...
Oh PI, the fact that your son was 6 means that they wouldnt have suspected parents, it would have been when Dunc got diagnosed you could have had a problem. As for aspies getting taken away, i think i glanced a few articles where it has happened...

Put it like this, people around me quite agressively attempt to persuade me not to have kids.

what people are these?
Close Family members mainly, but also some others that I know. It could be because they dont want me to bring another aspie into the world, shock horror...
Are you sure that's the reason people don't want you reproducing and raising a child?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2007, 05:44:13 PM »
i walk too, i've never wanted or needed a car of my own. i'm a lazy mofo but the day i can't be assed to walk to the store that's 5 minutes away, feel free to slap me hard. ::) it's amazing some people drive to go a nearby grocery store.
what if you are shopping for a family of five, for the week.
how are you expected to carry all those groceries.

and, don't you like icecream. what if it melts?

Take their kids away ...

::)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

what people are these?
Are you sure that's the reason people don't want you reproducing and raising a child?
The aspie one could be more plausible, I did suggest that I could plan a mass sperm donation programme to make lots of aspies, didnt go down well with family...

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2007, 06:09:49 PM »
your family members seem to be idiots. no offense. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »
your family members seem to be idiots. no offense. :P
No they are just scared of having lots of extra aspie relatives, apparently I was total chaos when I was alot younger... As for the sperm donation programme, it would be an ingenous publicity stunt if it were pulled off...

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2007, 06:26:56 PM »
i'm not saying having an aspie child is easy but the best people to care for them are usually aspies.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »
i'm not saying having an aspie child is easy but the best people to care for them are usually aspies.
Obviously, but apparently I was particuarly bad... The idea is that these aspie children of mine dont exist so i dont have to care for them, so the cuckoo sperm donation plan sort of appeals to me.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »
lol.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2007, 06:33:35 PM »
 :cuckoo: lol.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »
Anyway milla, are you ever planning on kids yourself?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2007, 06:35:50 PM »
no.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
no.
Hmm, do you have a particular reason for not wanting to do so?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »
poopy diapers.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar