Educational

Author Topic: Trolling  (Read 7687 times)

ozymandias

Re: Trolling
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
Unlike those in the "Peter Principle", I know my limitations.  I'm not out for power, prestige, social enhancement.  I hate being in a position of power.  For Ex.  Being an RN, I am often placed into a position of Supervisor for the shift I work.  ANd a lot of times, I am in charge of people who have been working with these nursing home patients for years.  The people under me, know the in's and outs, each patients quirks and habits.  I prefer to just stay out of their way, and concentrate on passing the meds, intervening medically when necessary and supporting the staff, instead of micro managing their every movement according to Ivory Tower principle that some Idiot with an advanced degree in manure has concocted to make themselves look good.  The bottom line is, the reality is oft times very different from theory.  Theory is good, when practical, like good infection control or patient safety.

I could say more, but, I'm in a rant and rave mode and I would prefer to end the night making my 6666th post something good. :evillaugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:41 PM »
At the moment, I'm not a practicing nurse.  I still have my license on active status in case I have to go back to work.  But, I'm just a full time househusband and stay home dad until Amber goes to college. 8)

Are you worried about age discrimination
when you go back to work? I know of
some RN's in the US who get discriminated
against, even without taking a long time
off, between jobs.

ozymandias

« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2007, 04:43:28 AM »
No.  And that would depend upon the position and possibly where they live.  In most places there is a shortage of staff nurses.  And all I want is part time or perdiem.  My wife has better benefits as a pharmacy manager, then I could ever get in any nursing position.  I have worked with nurse of all ages.  My favorite was an 80 y/o retired army nurse, she was awesome to work with!

There's a big push right now to get retired or inactive nurses back into the field.  I get a recruitment letter at least once a month.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2007, 05:10:14 AM »
No.  And that would depend upon the position and possibly where they live.  In most places there is a shortage of staff nurses.  And all I want is part time or perdiem.  My wife has better benefits as a pharmacy manager, then I could ever get in any nursing position.  I have worked with nurse of all ages.  My favorite was an 80 y/o retired army nurse, she was awesome to work with!

There's a big push right now to get retired or inactive nurses back into the field.  I get a recruitment letter at least once a month.

That's great! I was just worried because of a
letter to Ann Landers, which expressed the
problem. I guess someone had been cut back
legitimately, and just couldn't find work.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2007, 02:19:42 AM »
once upon a time there
lived a troll in a marsh
the conditions and weather
were kind of harsh
the troll decided to move under a bridge
in the city
and there he found joy and bliss
and a kitty
the kitty said meow meow
don't leave me here in the dark
instead
take me to the park
we'll have a nice picnic in the park
and make love in candle light
the troll was delighted
he started to make plans
and the kitty put on powder
lipgloss
perfume
fishbone necklace
and then the troll arrived
and took her to the park
where they made love in the dark
because all the candles melted
and the rain pelted
down the window in streams
and they waited for the sun to scream
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: