Educational

Author Topic: Posting apathy.  (Read 3892 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Posting apathy.
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »
Lower-functioning? Are you taking the piss?

Hell, no.
I don't expect you or anyone to understand, but I recognize that there are many who are having similar times.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:13:05 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2007, 06:32:04 PM »
it is the summer and it is guilt.

many of our australian friends have more free time on their hands due to the weather.

we feel guilty for not taking advantage of this beautiful weather....not me, but you do.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
What beautiful weather?  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2007, 06:48:27 PM »
it is the summer and it is guilt.

many of our australian friends have more free time on their hands due to the weather.

we feel guilty for not taking advantage of this beautiful weather....not me, but you do.

Shit, you think I haven't drawn my garden back from the grave of winter a bit and worn myself to a nub throwing the kids in the pool?

(I have pecks, instead of moobs, again!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2007, 01:49:30 AM »
:'(

still, mustn't complain,  i s'pose...

hang on a sec...

actually, yeah - i MUST!!!  :bigcry:

:-*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2007, 02:01:26 AM »
:'(

still, mustn't complain,  i s'pose...

hang on a sec...

actually, yeah - i MUST!!!  :bigcry:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2007, 08:15:09 AM »
you should'nt take strattera. :P

Or zyprexa.

Every antidepressant I have taken has made me tired.   Zoloft mainly, but Effexor did also.   I did not take Prozac for long.    Lamictal and Depakote when I first started taking them did make me drowsy somewhat.   Zoloft just had the mother of all withdrawal effects.

I'm feeling competitive.  Let's hear about this withdrawal.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2007, 09:38:03 AM »
Well I didn't mean to be competitive, just it made me want to kill myself more than I had wanted to in several years prior.   Basically I was overcome with depression that was not related to anything specific in my life.   I locked myself in my room for 4 days while living in a fraternity house, sleeping and crying hysterically mostly (I almost never cry at all).    Keeping yourself locked in your room in a frat house is very hard to do with fraternity brothers knocking on your door asking you to come do shit with them and party.   Finally my big brother Dante (fraternity) called my parents and had them come down to UCF to see if they could get me out of my room.   

I have had bouts of depresssion before that were very intense, but I would at least let people talk to me.    At the very worst I don't answer my door and phone for one or two days normally.   I would have kept inside my room for much longer probably but I had to go to the bathroom and they were outside waiting for me.   Tried to be very strategic about when I would leave my room to go to the bathroom and get food, but I failed in the end and people intervened.  I was more depressed when I tried to kill myself years later, but that was motivated by actual reasons and not just total chemical depression.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »

Well I didn't mean to be competitive, .....

It's always a competition ...

I feel worse than you do. In fact, I can't feel you at all from here. :smarty:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2007, 11:09:20 AM »

Well I didn't mean to be competitive, .....

It's always a competition ...

I feel worse than you do. In fact, I can't feel you at all from here. :smarty:

Why do you think so?   Sharing common experiences is a way people can help eachother sometimes.   If anything that should warn people to not take themselves off of Zoloft without a doctor's advice.   I know two other people who had eerily similar experiences with Zoloft withdrawal.

I am sorry you feel bad, even though I know you are joking.   :P
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »
I'm glad you recognize that I was joking. I actually feel great today! Spinning some tunes, rough-housing with my daughter ...

Yesterday, at this time, I was in my thirty sixth hour of a migraine.

:violin:

It's completely gone, now.

I had a terrible time with Zoloft from the beginning to the end of the withdrawals and I was only on it for less than a year.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:33:05 AM by MarkingDawg »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
zoloft did shitsquiddle for me in the end, it might have improved my mood, i dunno. i never had trouble with withdrawal, actually i've never had trouble with withdrawal with any med. not prozac, not zoloft, not cipramil... i had trouble remembering to take them shit pills that they were, no effects whatsoever except cipramil gave me a GREAT coupla weeks feeling like i was high all the time, totally stoned. i loved that shit. but then i started to feel groggy and crappy.

i never get physically addicted to anything. they say speed and valium's supposed to be addictive, not really. neither is booze. it's just they're so good you take them as long as the good effects overpower the bad. i don't classify that as addiction.

i guess that didn't make any sense.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »
shitsquiddle ?  :plus:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »
zoloft did shitsquiddle for me in the end, it might have improved my mood, i dunno. i never had trouble with withdrawal, actually i've never had trouble with withdrawal with any med. not prozac, not zoloft, not cipramil... i had trouble remembering to take them shit pills that they were, no effects whatsoever except cipramil gave me a GREAT coupla weeks feeling like i was high all the time, totally stoned. i loved that shit. but then i started to feel groggy and crappy.

i never get physically addicted to anything. they say speed and valium's supposed to be addictive, not really. neither is booze. it's just they're so good you take them as long as the good effects overpower the bad. i don't classify that as addiction.

i guess that didn't make any sense.

Actually, it does make sense, but I think a lot of people would say that when the good or high effects from most things stop or decrease is when the addiction begins. That would be particularly true if you increased your dosage to offset the acquired tolerance, instead of stopping them completely.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:23:40 PM by MarkingDawg »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »