Start here > M.O.-Introductions

do you have any nicknames?

<< < (14/14)

odeon:

--- Quote from: renaeden on January 25, 2021, 10:59:45 PM ---When I was in army cadets, someone came up with Rusty for me (because I had red hair) and it stuck even though I didn't want it to.

If people give you a nickname, does that mean they like you? If it spreads and everyone uses it, does that mean you're popular?

--- End quote ---

It means that they're thinking of you, good or bad. :P

Queen Victoria:
After Hurricane Katrina we realized we had to put The PR into school (I had been homeschooling her because I wasn't happy with the social interactions in the public schools.)  Since we didn't know which one of us would get a job (although I was drawing retirement from the state) that seemed to be the best solution.  We put her in public school for about 2 months.  I was not happy that her lunch time was spent in a classroom with only a male teacher. I happened to see a friend with a handicapped daughter who told me the Catholic school for exceptional students was open and had openings.  I called the next day and made arrangements to enroll her there.

Since the school drew from many areas I realized this would be a brand new start with mostly brand new friends.  So I told her to pick a nickname she'd like to be known as.  Her prompt response was NELLIE.  And that is how my Eleanor got her nickname.

renaeden:
Nellie is a cool name. And she still uses it now?

Lunch with only a male teacher, that would make me nervous.

On Facebook I use a shortened version of my name. I go by it at the Salvos too, where I have it on a name badge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version