Educational

Author Topic: Songs you "can never listen to again"  (Read 695 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Songs you "can never listen to again"
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »
also anything by Paris Hillton
Paris Hilton makes music?  Thank god I don't listen to the radio.

i think i may cry...  :(

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »
Her music isn't unlistenable- which is all the worse if you tune in and listen to the song all the way through, and then realize who you were listening to.  When her CD was on the radio a lot, there were probably a lot of "WHAT???? THAT WAS PARIS HILTON????  Well, there goes MY self-respect," reactions.

Well, then again, she may have gotten a lot of those anyway?
Paris Hilton doesnt make music though, unless you count her whiney tone.

richard

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 03:19:04 PM »
i actually hate to admit this but i kindof like that paris hilton song :P :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »
figures.

richard

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 03:22:10 PM »
of course carrying a gruge is always cool

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »
i actually hate to admit this but i kindof like that paris hilton song :P :laugh:
Dont you dare call it a song...

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
I hate that Paris Hilton song, "stars are blind". Also, anything by the Spice Girls, "wannabe" in particular annoyed me to no end.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »
I dont have any music I cant listen to, however I would rather not listen to the theme track for Requiem for a Dream, it will give me robitussin flashbacks and feel disturbed and unsettled.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »
I've found as I've gotten older, I can force myself to listen to the corny songs for the entertainment of them.

Pass the Duchy was on the radio this morning and I really enjoyed hearing it.

I used to pull the piss out of "We Built This City"...can't believe anyone rocked to that song, but by fuck they did.  Not me though.  I was more into the English music than the American stuff. 

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 06:41:44 AM »
how many pages would you like me to fill?

Oh yeah,
I think you started that in my thread with "Cunt in Red"!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 07:04:20 AM »
:laugh:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 07:05:37 AM »
There's plenty of songs I'd rather scoop out my eardrums with rusty spoons than have to listen to, but I can't think of any that have too much of an emotional connection for me to listen to.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 07:17:18 AM »
I dont have any music I cant listen to, however I would rather not listen to the theme track for Requiem for a Dream, it will give me robitussin flashbacks and feel disturbed and unsettled.

As a result of classical conditioning, or is it a result of the actual content of that movie?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 09:05:27 AM »
Actual content of the movie.  Have you ever seen it?  It may just disturb me more than you.  I've found others not to have been moved by movies, shows or stories which I had previously thought were fundamental enough to speak to everybody.

It may be that I identify personally with the movie.  I felt what I figured all the characters feel, that there is this heavy fear that is deep in the back of their minds that everything they do during the course of the movie was going to come to a catastrophic end.  A high itself is a metaphor for that movie.  You feel fantastic while on the high but you know that at some unknown point in the future it is going to lead to some kind of a crash or hangover, but in the case of requiem for a dream, the crash is their lives and they have no way of knowing how bad the hangover will be.  Something drug users can't totally shake is the knowledge that their lifestyle cannot last forever even if they push that reality deep into the back of their mind.  All of their lives are so nasty and pathetic with disturbing backgrounds like troubled childhoods, that when they crash it makes their lives even more of a depressing failure.
The one that really disturbs me is mrs goldfarb.  But I have an issue with amphetamine psychosis, it disturbs me.  I imagine what it must be like to be frustrated, afraid, and confused in the world of the schizophrenic and it seems like the worst kind of nightmare, and one that you cannot EVER wake up from because it is HOW your brain works now.  No way to die happy from there.  Although sick as it is, she probably is the happiest one of them all at the end.

When I listen to a song I essentially watch whatever movie it plays in.  I cannot listen to the sound track without watching the movie in my head.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
Actual content of the movie.  Have you ever seen it?  It may just disturb me more than you.  I've found others not to have been moved by movies, shows or stories which I had previously thought were fundamental enough to speak to everybody.

It may be that I identify personally with the movie.  I felt what I figured all the characters feel, that there is this heavy fear that is deep in the back of their minds that everything they do during the course of the movie was going to come to a catastrophic end.  A high itself is a metaphor for that movie.  You feel fantastic while on the high but you know that at some unknown point in the future it is going to lead to some kind of a crash or hangover, but in the case of requiem for a dream, the crash is their lives and they have no way of knowing how bad the hangover will be.  Something drug users can't totally shake is the knowledge that their lifestyle cannot last forever even if they push that reality deep into the back of their mind.  All of their lives are so nasty and pathetic with disturbing backgrounds like troubled childhoods, that when they crash it makes their lives even more of a depressing failure.
The one that really disturbs me is mrs goldfarb.  But I have an issue with amphetamine psychosis, it disturbs me.  I imagine what it must be like to be frustrated, afraid, and confused in the world of the schizophrenic and it seems like the worst kind of nightmare, and one that you cannot EVER wake up from because it is HOW your brain works now.  No way to die happy from there.  Although sick as it is, she probably is the happiest one of them all at the end.

When I listen to a song I essentially watch whatever movie it plays in.  I cannot listen to the sound track without watching the movie in my head.

No, I've watched it, hence why I asked.  It disturbed me some, and I'd never want to watch it again, although I think it was an asbolutely brilliant movie and worth watching once.  Ironically, I think that Mrs. Goldfarb's final psychotic fantasy might have been necessary to keep viewers from killing themselves.

Oddly enogh, I felt worst for the girl in the final sequence while I was watching it, although I knew she was the least badly off.  The scene with the double-ended dildo somehow felt like she was being raped, although I don't think she actually was suppose to be, just basically losing her soul (although I don't know if she was supposed to be underage).  I think that the main male character was pretty stupid to keep going with that one vein.  He had legs!!!!

The friend I watched the movie with wound up having a thing for the herion addict.   :laugh:  She likes pale and skinny men.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.