Author Topic: Funerals.  (Read 1971 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Funerals.
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
They can make animal food from my remains if they like.
A "natural" funeral, somewhere in some woods, no headstone or anything like that would be OK too. Thank goodness, embalming is not a habit here. So, whatever happens, my remains will disappear in an oversee-able amount of time.

Wish I had for a long time was to get buried in a bog. Take my carbon away from the atmosphere for a while, and then be burned a thousand years later for the sake of distilling a nice single malt worked well for my imagination.

I do not really care what happens. As long as it is OK for those who stay behind.

Did tell them that if they would decide to get ashes of me pressed into a raw diamond, that then they'd better toss me away on a pebble beach. Don't want descendants fighting over who gets grandma in the shape of a diamond.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »
^I'm the same.

I've told my wife that I am to be cremated and scattered at sea. Yes, I know it requires permission but I don't care. I do not want a grave or urn of any kind.

"Technically" it requires permission in most places...but as the funeral director told us/me, it is done every day. Once they release the ashes to the family member, no one is going to come beating on the door to inspect where you put them. 

Just make sure to remove the metal tag that will be in the ashes...this has sometimes a name on it or a number and the name of the crematory which makes it traceable, everything else will go back to the earth. If someone forgets though, it's normally okay. Most people that find the tags aren't sure what they are, the others that do know what they are...are usually metal detecting.

If you ever metal detect on the beach for an extended period of time, you will most likely  eventually find a tag that someone forgot to remove, it's very common. Standard procedure by all...is to toss it back into the sea after giving it a moment of respect.   

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
^I'm the same.

I've told my wife that I am to be cremated and scattered at sea. Yes, I know it requires permission but I don't care. I do not want a grave or urn of any kind.

"Technically" it requires permission in most places...but as the funeral director told us/me, it is done every day. Once they release the ashes to the family member, no one is going to come beating on the door to inspect where you put them. 

Just make sure to remove the metal tag that will be in the ashes...this has sometimes a name on it or a number and the name of the crematory which makes it traceable, everything else will go back to the earth. If someone forgets though, it's normally okay. Most people that find the tags aren't sure what they are, the others that do know what they are...are usually metal detecting.

If you ever metal detect on the beach for an extended period of time, you will most likely  eventually find a tag that someone forgot to remove, it's very common. Standard procedure by all...is to toss it back into the sea after giving it a moment of respect.

:plus:   for being a great guest lecturer in the School of Life!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 06:09:48 PM »
ashes of me pressed into a raw diamond
Never heard of that. Jack's going to be diamonds. :M

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

Of course.  The Jack of diamonds.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »

I've seen that.

It's not cheap, but cool...used to be only one place that did it, more options now.

http://www.cremationsolutions.com/cremation-jewelry-for-ashes/cremation-diamonds-made-from-ashes/how-cremation-diamonds-are-made

They have something called a "bio urn" or "living urn" now too. You can become a tree.

https://www.thelivingurn.com/

...that gives me an idea...a cardboard oatmeal container, my ashes, and some seeds of my request.  :stoned:

If I want people to not mourn my passing and instead celebrate my life, what better way to celebrate? :autism:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »

I've seen that.

It's not cheap, but cool...used to be only one place that did it, more options now.

http://www.cremationsolutions.com/cremation-jewelry-for-ashes/cremation-diamonds-made-from-ashes/how-cremation-diamonds-are-made

They have something called a "bio urn" or "living urn" now too. You can become a tree.

https://www.thelivingurn.com/

...that gives me an idea...a cardboard oatmeal container, my ashes, and some seeds of my request.  :stoned:

If I want people to not mourn my passing and instead celebrate my life, what better way to celebrate? :autism:
The diamonds are a fantastic idea. Really like the thought of being immortalized like that, diamonds being forever and all.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2017, 01:52:49 AM »
^I'm the same.

I didn't know that. +

When my father died, we scattered his ashes at sea. Wondering now if there was a metal tag in there somewhere.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2017, 01:57:16 AM »
Also thinking that if they compressed my remains into a diamond, I'd like to become a really expensive one, the kind that people will kill for.

The circle of, um, life. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
Also thinking that if they compressed my remains into a diamond, I'd like to become a really expensive one, the kind that people will kill for.

The circle of, um, life. :zoinks:

:lol1:
:dog:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »
In an ideal world, I would invite all the people I ever hated under the guise that there was something for them in the will, and then have myself served as the appetizer.  Realistically, I like the BioPod idea.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »
In an ideal world, I would invite all the people I ever hated under the guise that there was something for them in the will, and then have myself served as the appetizer.  Realistically, I like the BioPod idea.

Medium rare or well done?

Some of us have always been curious about those kind of things. :zoinks:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2017, 10:05:59 AM »

Whatever it takes to pass muster.  I'd leave those details to the morally questionable chef I'd hire for the purpose  :M

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:56 PM »

Whatever it takes to pass muster.  I'd leave those details to the morally questionable chef I'd hire for the purpose  :M

This guy's your man!  --->  :fatchef:   He's never passed ServSafeTM, and doesn't care!  :laugh:

People forget.