Author Topic: Wrong Planet stuff.  (Read 2872 times)

richard

Re: Wrong Planet stuff.
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
thread over/

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 08:52:23 PM »

richard

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 09:11:02 PM »
total wink

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
um.
um
i like.
um
um.
i like.
um.
um.
halebopp
um.
um.
um.
um.
um.
i like.
um.
that.
uuuuuuuuh.
um.
mrmark.
um.
Misunderstood.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »
Oh well, at least it wasn't

i li-li-li-like mr-Maaa-aaaaa--aa-aMMaaa-- rrrk

That's me talking to people i'm not sure about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »
Quit dissin my hommie yo!!

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
That video is going to give me nightmares...   :-\
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 09:44:14 PM »
total wink

The accent kinda disturbed me tbh. I really didn't imagine him sounding like that. I thought he would talk in a wisperish drone.

richard

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »
alex is a cutie. he is total aspergers, you should see me girl. im about -10 times more cool on a video camera :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »
I like smashing flies.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2007, 12:46:54 AM »
alex is a cutie. he is total aspergers, you should see me girl. im about -10 times more cool on a video camera :laugh:

Negative ten times MORE cool?

Scrapheap

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »

Negative ten times MORE cool?

Sounds about right.  :evillaugh:

richard

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2007, 01:44:58 PM »
for someone who made a rule of not talking about actiive or banned members mrmark shure is talking alot. maybe he should ban himself   

Wrong Planet Forums Forum Index -> General Autism Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic   
Asparval
Phoenix

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it Sopho?

I haven't seen her post in a while but I don't recall seeing anything she would be banned for.

MrMark
Abstract Data Type

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrMark wrote:
Sopho, richardbenson, and Santa_Clause were all simultainously banned for the same offense. One of them reported to me that the other two were going at each other. When I got there I found that all three were going at each other. I guess s/he thought he could get the other two banned and not be held to the same standard him/herself.

Every member of Wrong Planet has their fate in their own hands. People who want to be banned know how to make that happen. People who do not wish to be banned have been given numerous opportunities to correct their own behavior. I sent out more than 50 warnings in the last week. I have over 40 responses along the lines of "Okay, no problem." I think in the future I may ask people in the first warning message if they want the opportunity to correct their own behavior or if they want me to just go ahead and ban them.

It is a violation of the rules to discuss active or banned members in open forum. If you must continue to discuss this, please do so in private. If you wish to discuss it with me please do so in private, but I am very unlikely to provide you with any more information on this issue. Thankyou for your cooperation in this matter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and whats this shit?

Hi Planeteers-

My user name is MrMark, but you can call me Mark. I would have just gone with Mark, but it was already taken. I’ve created this thread to give members an opportunity to get to know me better. I did this once before, a long time ago. You can read that here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15454

I’d like to share with you a little bit about my philosophy with respect to Wrong Planet and my role as Moderator. Please bear in mind that these opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owner or other moderators.

I drafted a mission statement for the moderators. “It is the mission WP mods to promote and maintain a peaceful and supportive environment, where members can help each other grow and change and learn skills that they will need to succeed in life.” I feel like this is consistent with the mission statement that appears on the home page. We are first and foremost a support site and information resource. We also perform the secondary function of providing for some of the social needs of some of the members, people who might otherwise have no social lives whatsoever.

As with any community, virtual or otherwise, there are mischievous elements. This necessitates some type of regulation. This is achieved by giving some members additional authority to censor posts and sanction members. Such authority is typically given to long-time members in good standing who have good communication skills and have demonstrated an ongoing interest in the mission of the site, the ability to consistently comply with the rules, the ability to set not just a good example but a better example, and a calm demeanor when dealing with conflict. I personally feel that policing the forums is only 5% of a mods job. The other 95% is setting a desired tone, keeping discussions interesting and on-topic by asking relevant and thought provoking questions, and helping to cultivate the leadership skills of less experienced mods.

In a perfect world, everybody would behave themselves and there would be no need for police. We do not live in a perfect world. Additionally, our membership is unique in that the vast majority of us have some type of developmental disability. Some are mild and some are severe. Most are in between. We have a number of members who are particularly vulnerable. Some are suicidal. We have other members who are bullies. Some of them are homicidal or may become so. What all of these people have in common is that they experienced some sort of trauma early in life, in addition to having a diagnosed or undiagnosed ASD. Some responded to that trauma by turning their anger inward and experienced depression and low self-esteem. Others turned their anger outward and became bullies themselves. I belong to the first group. As I matured, I learned to let go of my anger and develop a more positive self-image.

I am extremely hesitant to exercise my authority to ban other members. The owner has always demonstrated much less patience than I have in this regard. I find banning people to be most distasteful. I strongly prefer that members correct their own behavior. However, when that does not happen, I have an obligation to the owner and the membership to take appropriate action.

Speaking of the owner, I am aware of some uncomplimentary references. “The Emperor” and “His Highness” come to mind. Personally, I prefer “Captain” of this spaceship. It has been suggested that Alex is a rich kid here to make more money. I don’t know if he makes any money here or not, but I wouldn’t have a problem with it if he did. Capitalism and altruism are not mutually exclusive, and if he can generate $10,000 or $20,000 or $30,000 a year from operating this site, he would be free to focus more on activism. Alex is famous. He’s done TV appearances. He’s spoken with presidential candidates. It’s no wonder he doesn’t have time to answer all his mail.

I’m thinking about establishing a locked thread where I can report on a daily or weekly basis on my policing activities, number of warnings, number of bannings, that sort of thing. Alex, the other mods and I are still revisiting and reviewing the current rules. Until we arrive at a consensus to the contrary, I am not inclined to discuss any member or their activities in public. Recently, there has been a rash of allegations from all quarters, yet my mailbox remains virtually empty. I read and respond to all thoughtful, well-written complaints about the activities of others or myself. I also read complaints that are not so thoughtful or well written, at the very least. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any ideas, praises, comments, concerns or criticisms you may have.

-Thanks,
Mark

(I moved this from site discussions so that it would headline on the home page.)

"The doctrines of grace humble man without degrading, and exalt without inflating him."
- Charles Hodge

seems like someones on a power trip

The_P

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
Are we talking about Mrs. Mark here?

The_P

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
Oh well, at least it wasn't

i li-li-li-like mr-Maaa-aaaaa--aa-aMMaaa-- rrrk

That's me talking to people i'm not sure about.

You have a YouTube video? I wanna see.