Educational

Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 34891 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #915 on: April 01, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »
I had a lovely time last week.  You were fabulous- everything I'd hoped, and more.  But how come you never called me back?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #916 on: April 01, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
I was busy doing my own stuff, and figured that if you wanted to talk to me, you'd phone me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #917 on: April 01, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »
I was busy doing my own stuff, and figured that if you wanted to talk to me, you'd phone me.
Sorry, I lost your number.  Did you get the carrier pigeon I sent?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #918 on: April 01, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »

The one that was carrying a passenger pigeon?  Yes; it went well with some sage and butter.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #919 on: July 05, 2009, 07:40:39 AM »

The one that was carrying a passenger pigeon?  Yes; it went well with some sage and butter.

And roasted garlic red potatoes?
Flibbit.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #920 on: July 05, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

And roasted garlic red potatoes?

Home-grown garlic, no less.  I had to buy the potatoes though.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #921 on: July 05, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
Mmmm... pigeon avec garlic potatoes...

I may fix that next weekend. Pigeon after all is in season...
Flibbit.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #922 on: July 05, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »
Raspberries are in season here at the moment.  So are maggots, which I try to pick out of the raspberries before I eat them.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Do you ever try to pick the raspberries out of the pigeons?
Flibbit.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #924 on: July 06, 2009, 04:38:12 AM »
No; that's the whole point of using frozen raspberries in my blunderbus rather than lead shot.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #925 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:49 AM »
What are you doing with yourself these days?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #926 on: July 06, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »
Superficially, not much has changed.  I still live at home with my mum, don't have a job and don't go out much, but my quality of life has improved greatly over the past 12 months or so.  My sleep pattern has become much more stable, I'm less tired and more active when I'm awake, I'm not as badly affected by depressive periods and my mood is generally better.  I attribute the changes largely to finding a medication that works for me. 

I spend most of my time working on personal projects or learning about whatever interests me; I've spent a lot of time over the past few months learning to program in C++, which I've been studying as a means to further my interests in artificial neural networks and evolutionary computation. 

I also do odd jobs around the house, whenever something needs to be fixed or assembled, or there's heavy lifting to be done, so mum rarely has to pay workmen to do things these days.  She used to spend a small fortune on hiring people to do silly little things, since she wanted everything to be 'done right', but the workmen we've had have usually screwed up or done sloppy jobs, and I've often had to fix their mess after the fact, so now I handle most things and we only hire people as a last resort.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #927 on: July 06, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
No; that's the whole point of using frozen raspberries in my blunderbus rather than lead shot.

Oh I see. Have you ever mixed it up and gone with a little, say, blueberry instead, just for kicks?
Flibbit.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #928 on: July 06, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
Sadly, I only have one small blueberry bush, while I have a whole stand of raspberry canes.  Maybe I'll try blackcurrants; I'll have plenty of those later in the year.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #929 on: July 06, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »
Sweet.  :zoinks:

(Pun intended.)
Flibbit.