Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 34669 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 09:28:12 AM »
What's the weirdest thing you've ever done with hair before?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 09:38:28 AM »
What's the weirdest thing you've ever done with hair before?

Braids:

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 09:49:14 AM »
Ha! Okay, now that I've stopped laughing. What's the funniest thing your dog has ever done?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:12 AM »
Ha! Okay, now that I've stopped laughing. What's the funniest thing your dog has ever done?

Once, when she was quite young, we were walking her around a lake.  The lake had a lobe on it, and I ran around the lobe ahead of mum and Scruffs, so that there was a good 50m of water between us.  Mum then told Scruffs to find me, as she'd been trained to do, but instead of running along the path to get to me, she ran straight into the water, thinking it was solid ground.  She did that a few times before she figured out that she couldn't run on water.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »
If you could trade bodies with a woman, who would it be and why that one?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »
If you could trade bodies with a woman, who would it be and why that one?

Milla Jovovich; she's tall, beautiful, has muscles (which I'd feel out-of-place without), can do backflips (I've always wanted to do those) and generally seems pretty much like the female version of me (physically, anyway).

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »
What's the first thought that comes into your mind when you hear the word tripod?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:41 AM »
What's the first thought that comes into your mind when you hear the word tripod?

The story from a book I read once.  I don't think it was by Heinlein, but it reminds me of his work, and it was about a group of people who live in a post-apocalyptic earth after a 'War of the Worlds' type invasion, but where the aliens survived and enslaved the humans with mesh caps that are implanted into their scalps.  The aliens used giant tripod machines to roam away from their cities and patrol the human populations, and the aliens themselves were tripedal.

Anyone read it?  It's been a while, so I don't know what it was called or who wrote it.

Offline CuriousPrimate

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »
John Christopher's Tripods Trilogy perhaps?

BBC made a series of it in the mid 80s IIRC.
An intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend - Senegalese proverb

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »
John Christopher's Tripods Trilogy perhaps?

BBC made a series of it in the mid 80s IIRC.

Thanks, that's the one.  :)

I've only read the books; didn't know there was a series.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:27 AM »
What's the best meal that you've ever had?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »
What's the best meal that you've ever had?

When I was 16, I walked the West Highland Way; a 150km trail from Glasgow to Fort William.  I was alone, did all the preperation myself, and slept rough in a waterproofed sleeping bag.  Unfortunatlely I didn't have much experience, and I didn't pack enough food, so I spent the last 3 days of it with nothing to eat, and towards the end was getting rather drawn to the little lizards that live up near Fort William, and was thinking of how good one of them would be roasted.  Fortunately, I got to where I was going, found a chipshop, and bought a fish supper and a sausage supper, which I ate while I waited for the train home.

A few sights from my travels along the West Highland Way:

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2006, 12:23:27 PM »
What's the weirdest way you've ever gotten hurt before?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
What's the weirdest way you've ever gotten hurt before?

Once, I made a big pot of soup, but I left it lying out for waaaayyyy too long, so when I eventually came to eat it, it was just off enough to be toxic, but not so much so that it tasted terrible.  I thus ate it, and that night felt strange things happening in my gut.  I woke up halfway through the night feeling very bad, dehydrated and bloated, so I rushed to the bathroom, but when I got there, I fainted and smacked my face on the toilet seat, cutting my lip just under my nose.  I went to the A+E at the local hospital and got it cleaned up and stuck back together with sticky sutcher things, but I've still got the scar.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 01:15:35 PM »
Nice to know guys all over the world will eat anything. If you had the chance to clone Scruffs, would you take it?