Educational

Author Topic: alright how many witches are on this board  (Read 5413 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: alright how many witches are on this board
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 09:13:23 AM »
'Witches' and other pagans were dubbed evil or 'Satanists' because they were in competition with organised religion, pure and simple.

Pagan worship of goats/cows was 'evil' therefore the face of evil (the devil, Satan) is portrayed as having those animal's features.

er, we don't worship goats or cows, either.  trouble is, there's so much misinformation about, and it's all  made even even more complicated by the fact that i suspect there's a witch archetype going on, which means nobody can escape the negative stereotype of the evil witch, cos it's in our unconscious.  (please don't ask me to expand on that, unless you want the full three years worth of research i did to come to that conclusion, lol.  read the book, when it comes out.  :laugh: ).
Where the fuck did I mention witches worshiping goats or cows, you stupid witch?

And yes, please expand  >:D
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2007, 09:44:33 AM »
'Witches' and other pagans were dubbed evil or 'Satanists' because they were in competition with organised religion, pure and simple.

Pagan worship of goats/cows was 'evil' therefore the face of evil (the devil, Satan) is portrayed as having those animal's features.

er, we don't worship goats or cows, either.  trouble is, there's so much misinformation about, and it's all  made even even more complicated by the fact that i suspect there's a witch archetype going on, which means nobody can escape the negative stereotype of the evil witch, cos it's in our unconscious.  (please don't ask me to expand on that, unless you want the full three years worth of research i did to come to that conclusion, lol.  read the book, when it comes out.  :laugh: ).
Where the fuck did I mention witches worshiping goats or cows, you stupid witch?

And yes, please expand  >:D

hellooooooo?

The_P

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
"...please don't ask me to expand on that." Heeeeellllllooooooo? Earth to retard?

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »
You guys would have looked better as a dribble on your mother's chin.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2007, 07:34:35 PM »
I found wicca, if that's what you're referring to, as annoying
as most religions.

i'm not surprised - from what i know, some of the higher profile wiccan stuff is the states is full of lunatics, even more so than usual.

It's amazing how many of the advantages of religions can be had without buying into the demands.

too right.

I've not read the rest of the thread as of yet, however I'd like to point out that here in The States, any fuckwitted pinhead can read a book on the subject and then decide that they're Wiccan, and call themselves a Third Level Druid , Wizard, Witch what have you. --So yes, You are quite correct about the US being full of lunatics.

One of the things that I find annoying about many stateside Wiccans is their need to appropriate from other traditions ( IE, Chinese, Norse, African, Native American) and proclaim that they are 'Wiccan, or 'Pagan'.  --If you want to use those other traditions fine, learn the cultures of those systems as well as the systems defined by those traditions.

Sorry, rant over.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 02:37:57 AM »
I found wicca, if that's what you're referring to, as annoying
as most religions.

i'm not surprised - from what i know, some of the higher profile wiccan stuff is the states is full of lunatics, even more so than usual.

It's amazing how many of the advantages of religions can be had without buying into the demands.

too right.

I've not read the rest of the thread as of yet, however I'd like to point out that here in The States, any fuckwitted pinhead can read a book on the subject and then decide that they're Wiccan, and call themselves a Third Level Druid , Wizard, Witch what have you. --So yes, You are quite correct about the US being full of lunatics.

One of the things that I find annoying about many stateside Wiccans is their need to appropriate from other traditions ( IE, Chinese, Norse, African, Native American) and proclaim that they are 'Wiccan, or 'Pagan'.  --If you want to use those other traditions fine, learn the cultures of those systems as well as the systems defined by those traditions.

Sorry, rant over.

i absolutely agree there, asphole.  one point, though - wicca/witch/pagan isn't as formal a "spiritual path" (or whatever you want to call it) as others - it's both eclectic and flexible, in outlook and practice.  my own brand takes quite a bit from druidry, some native american stuff, even some hindu and other eastern stuff, various shamanic practices, and tons of jungian psychology.  the whole point with wicca is that you can incorporate different practices into it.  of course, some people take the piss - Klingon Wicca, anyone? - and i agree that one MUST show respect where it's due, and not just pay lip service to whatever culture/tradtion one borrows from: a group i worked with (not wiccan) did the Hopi Dance of Life every morning, and we made sure anyone doing it knew precisely what it meant, where it came from, and showed proper reverence (a bit of a pompous word, but you know what i mean).

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2007, 04:52:04 AM »
But there IS a mainline Wicca (at least in the US).
I'm not thrilled with where it goes. I suspect
that lucifer's version is a lot closer to what I
believe, than what is pandered to the miltary.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 05:39:09 AM »
But there IS a mainline Wicca (at least in the US).
I'm not thrilled with where it goes. I suspect
that lucifer's version is a lot closer to what I
believe, than what is pandered to the miltary.

yep - there are wiccans here who have decided there are strict rules and regs about the practice of it.  we call them wiccan fundies.  they're knobs, mainly, either on an ego trip, or without the first clue about the whole witch thing, or trying to be "dangerous" interesting.  ::)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2007, 05:41:10 AM »
Cool. I was really disturbed by
the thought that you might
belong to that crap.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:54 AM »
the thought that you might
belong to that crap.

you mean you actually gave a toss about what i thought?  my word, i am almost amazed.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2007, 07:41:43 AM »
i absolutely agree there, asphole.  one point, though - wicca/witch/pagan isn't as formal a "spiritual path" (or whatever you want to call it) as others - it's both eclectic and flexible, in outlook and practice.  my own brand takes quite a bit from druidry, some native american stuff, even some hindu and other eastern stuff, various shamanic practices, and tons of jungian psychology.  the whole point with wicca is that you can incorporate different practices into it.  of course, some people take the piss - Klingon Wicca, anyone? -

my form of hinduism is also flexible like that. i just say i'm hindu because i love hinduism and i think it's gotten the most right and stayed the most clear and untwisted out of any religion. but really i'm a new ager, as in i take from anything that feels true to me the parts that feel true. my own inner guidance is what i listen to most, but when i can't hear it i turn to the people i trust and teachings that ring true to me. why limit yourself to one rigid rulebook when life's really not that simple?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

willow

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2007, 08:53:08 AM »
nothing against you if you are but why would you need to be one? arent you afaraid of being possessed buy something totally evil? do you believe in total evilness? im notacing alot of people with as are witches and and just like to know why :laugh: :)

ever think to research something even a little bit before you open your talking hole?

no, I'm not afraid of being possessed by something totally evil.
I eat Totally Evil Things for snacks.

willow

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
the thought
that you might
belong to that crap.

who are you and what have you done with calandale?

The_P

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »
nothing against you if you are but why would you need to be one? arent you afaraid of being possessed buy something totally evil? do you believe in total evilness? im notacing alot of people with as are witches and and just like to know why :laugh: :)

ever think to research something even a little bit before you open your talking hole?

no, I'm not afraid of being possessed by something totally evil.
I eat Totally Evil Things for snacks.

Hello, American Vetivert.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 08:59:49 AM »
not everybody knows who that is on here, pea.  best change it to "lucifer".