Author Topic: alright how many witches are on this board  (Read 5389 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: alright how many witches are on this board
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

richard

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »
absolutley not. this was not a tempatures thing, i doubt my fingers were warming up the whatever i had my fingers on and it was sliding across the board when i asked it questions

richard

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 07:54:58 PM »
richard you might wanna not diddle with ouija boards. magic is real and you should be edumacated and shit before you go messing with it. i'm not a witch but i know enough about magic to not fuck with it when i haven't done my homework.
i know! i havent messed around with one for a few years, the last time when i actually hear somthing call out my name is the last time :)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 08:16:13 PM »
I found wicca, if that's what you're referring to, as annoying
as most religions. Too much reliance on group power. I'd
rather just tap into more potent religions, and utilize their
force, than submit to anything equally demanding yet
weaker.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
It's amazing how many of the advantages of religions can be had without buying into the demands.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »
richard you might wanna not diddle with ouija boards. magic is real and you should be edumacated and shit before you go messing with it. i'm not a witch but i know enough about magic to not fuck with it when i haven't done my homework.
i know! i havent messed around with one for a few years, the last time when i actually hear somthing call out my name is the last time :)
if my wife starts calling out, "Richard" sould i stop using her?
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »
I found wicca, if that's what you're referring to, as annoying
as most religions.

i'm not surprised - from what i know, some of the higher profile wiccan stuff is the states is full of lunatics, even more so than usual.

It's amazing how many of the advantages of religions can be had without buying into the demands.

too right.

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 12:38:29 AM »
...........and i don't believe there's such a thing as evil, ...........

So you don't consider loading 6 million people in cattlecars, and sending them to gas chambers, evil??

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »
i don't believe that people have an external locus of control, which means they blame a nebulous concept of "Evil" instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.   i think hitler was a psychopathic maniac, but not evil, cos the concept of both good and evil is a get out clause. 

everything has to be viewed in context, and with intent and awareness into account (otherwise we'd have no "diminished responsibility").

i believe instead in right and wrong, so the Holocaust was massively wrong, and i can say why (which makes the term slightly less nebulous).

saying things are evil is also accepting that they're a given, and is yet another way for people to cop out, so they don't do anything about it.  obviously, i can't go back in time and change the slaughter of 6 million jews (and thousands of gay people, jehovah's witnesses, disabled people, gypsies, etc., etc.), but i can fight for human rights and equal opportunities, in an attempt to stop it happening again.

so, the short answer to your question is "no, i don't," because i don't want to say "ooooh, that was evil.  can't do anything about evil.  what's for breakfast?", i want to say "it was fucking wrong, so what am i going to do about it?"

(i feel as though i have posted this at least eleventeen times before...)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:20 AM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 04:49:10 AM »
i don't believe that people have an external locus of control, which means they blame a nebulous concept of "Evil" instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.   i think hitler was a psychopathic maniac, but not evil, cos the concept of both good and evil is a get out clause. 

everything has to be viewed in context, and with intent and awareness into account (otherwise we'd have no "diminished responsibility").

i believe instead in right and wrong, so the Holocaust was massively wrong, and i can say why (which makes the term slightly less nebulous).

saying things are evil is also accepting that they're a given, and is yet another way for people to cop out, so they don't do anything about it.  obviously, i can't go back in time and change the slaughter of 6 million jews (and thousands of gay people, jehovah's witnesses, disabled people, gypsies, etc., etc.), but i can fight for human rights and equal opportunities, in an attempt to stop it happening again.

so, the short answer to your question is "no, i don't," because i don't want to say "ooooh, that was evil.  can't do anything about evil.  what's for breakfast?", i want to say "it was fucking wrong, so what am i going to do about it?"

(i feel as though i have posted this at least eleventeen times before...)

:agreed: :plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 04:49:32 AM »
:plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 05:35:28 AM »
Lucifer is cool, so stuffffuuuuooo Bransbum!

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 05:36:02 AM »
'Witches' and other pagans were dubbed evil or 'Satanists' because they were in competition with organised religion, pure and simple.

Pagan worship of goats/cows was 'evil' therefore the face of evil (the devil, Satan) is portrayed as having those animal's features.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."