Educational

Author Topic: Fear the terrorists!  (Read 770 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Fear the terrorists!
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
They'll crash their car and set themselves on fire if you upset them!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

My sister was meant to be getting a flight home to Glasgow airport today and mum was just about to leave to pick her up when we heard the news, and now the flights have all been suspended.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Fear the terrorists!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »
i faked this post.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

My sister was meant to be getting a flight home to Glasgow airport today and mum was just about to leave to pick her up when we heard the news, and now the flights have all been suspended.

You have to laugh at the ineptness. No virgins for them.  ;D

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
Maybe all the competant terrorists were used up in 9/11 and we really ought not to worry anymore.  Maaaaybe.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »

You have to laugh at the ineptness. No virgins for them.  ;D

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!   :plus:
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23406846-details/Glasgow%20airport%20terror%20suspect%20%20dies/article.do

That's one of them dead now.  I wonder if he'll qualify for a Darwin award.
Probably. He will need nominating though....

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »
Honestly, it's about fucking time.  There's no way anyone could survive 3rd degree burns over 90% of the body; he was just wasting NHS resources by living this long... 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:11:16 PM »
It's weak that they took over the planes with boxcutters.  I wear boots that can be more dangerous.  (and they let me wear them on airplanes)
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 07:39:29 AM »
Honestly, it's about fucking time.  There's no way anyone could survive 3rd degree burns over 90% of the body; he was just wasting NHS resources by living this long... 
I think someone could, as they are mainly 3rd degree. He certainly put up a fight when he was taken in.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 07:42:09 AM »
At least he was polite enough not to attempt to strangle any of the nurses with his IV drip.  Maybe we should be considerate in turn and not bury him with a pig carcass like we planned to.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »
At least he was polite enough not to attempt to strangle any of the nurses with his IV drip.  Maybe we should be considerate in turn and not bury him with a pig carcass like we planned to.
He was probably sedated. The other option is that his death was bullshit and he has recovered and gone to an interrogation facility.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
I like The Register's article:

Getting back to here and now, these have to be some of the most pathetic terror attacks ever - difficult to distinguish from minor accidents. For goodness' sake, a car is full of petrol anyway; and gas cylinders too often enough. People drive cylinders of gas around all the time. Now and again - oh my god! - they probably carry boxes of nails, bolts, tools or whatever in the same vehicle. (Aiee!)

Sometimes these fiends crash their cars, and sometimes the vehicles burn out. It's one of the costs of living in the industrial world; if people couldn't get fuel - portable energy - easily enough to have accidents with it, most of us would still be dirt-poor, illiterate, shovelling muck for a living and dying like flies from disease - rather than dying very rarely in car crashes or gas explosions.

This kind of event happens on the motorways almost every day, at least the petrol fires and often enough with the other hazards added. The roads get closed off as a result, sometimes for hours - just like the Haymarket did on Friday morning. It causes massive inconvenience to lots and lots of people.

But the perimeter is manned by firemen and traffic cops, not bomb teams and terror-feds. And so this weekend a minor news story - one injured in bunt-out car / suicide attempt causes travel chaos - becomes a big international media frenzy, a "test of the new Prime Minister's mettle," if you please.

It might be a test of ministerial mettle if thousands of British Muslims were burning cars every night, as has happened in France. But what we seem to have here is some foreigners burning just one car and failing to burn two more owing to almost unbelievable incompetence.

The mindset of a man who's willing to set himself on fire to make a point - as one of the Glasgow terror-clowns seems to have done - but not to spend any effort at all on researching methods is a difficult one to understand. Even if these jokers were illiterate or had no internet access (seems unlikely, one of the suspects is apparently a doctor) they could have at least done a test. In my part of town, fun-loving teenagers burn out a car or two down by the canal every week or so: nobody would notice another one with some nails in it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
They may not have blown anything up by themselves but they still got what they wanted International attention and people worrying. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw