Educational

Author Topic: The issue of human stupidity, and dealing with it  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
Re: The issue of human stupidity, and dealing with it
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 03:19:43 PM »
I don't give a damn how intellectual I seem. I simply decided to post a somewhat rantish post on the my views, thinking it would be interesting to see the response, as I hadn't previously expressed it all at once.

Technically, the contents of the first post had been said before, though only once, as I assembled it from two of my earlier posts at another forum. The rest was written from scratch, and it all originated in my mind.

I suppose the way I write could make it seem like I'm trying to look clever at times, to those prone to interpreting things that way; perhaps a result of The Aspie Touchâ„¢. Seems a certain pea guy is having an NT moment...

thepeaguy

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »
I suppose the way I write could make it seem like I'm trying to look clever at times, to those prone to interpreting things that way; perhaps a result of The Aspie Touchâ„¢. Seems a certain pea guy is having an NT moment...

For expressing an objective outlook on the quality of your thread, that makes me NT?

What nonsense is this?

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 04:46:06 PM »
I never said anything made you NT. I said, hardly as a serious argument, that you were behaving in a stereotypical NT-fashion; a somewhat lame attempt at poking fun at you. And I was referring to the way you jumped to the erroneous conclusion that I was trying to make myself look impressive through the style of my writing.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »
Well, if this discussion hadn't just died by virtue of somebody questioning somebody else's diagnosis, I would have said - who gives a fuck if you sound intellectual, I think it's just good to see a thread about something other than bitchslapping and jerking off.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 06:09:09 PM »
Note that I didn't actually question the diagnosis, so the time has not yet come for this thread to cease rearing its intellectual head. ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
i think this thread is actually quite inspiring.

i always leave the blue NEW flag for when i am in the mood.
because it is a little more of a highbrow thread than most of the rest of the site.

which is a good thing, since it offers diversity.

being stupid myself, i loathe other stupid people.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »
I think a thread consisting of nothing but jerking off might be interesting.  Figuratively and literally.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 11:48:11 PM »
Well, if this discussion hadn't just died by virtue of somebody questioning somebody else's diagnosis, I would have said - who gives a fuck if you sound intellectual, I think it's just good to see a thread about something other than bitchslapping and jerking off.

hoo-bloody-ray for saying that - i agree completely.

Offline techstepgenr8tion

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 01:01:20 AM »
Fluffalizer, I think this is a problem you and I have both - we thing WAY too damn much. All you can really do is with what you said in that first post know it, except it, be the animal you are, still fit into society or not however you choose, just make sure those ideas never stop you from taking what you want in life - if we're wired to live on emotion and not be fully logical that's a leap that just has to be made whether it kinda disagrees with us or not, at least when you get creative you can find an angle of that as I have and do it in a way that won't make looking in the mirror to be a difficult thing. That's one thing I think NT's have over us a lot of times - they're able to make peace with the realities of things quicker a lot of times and just roll with it whereas we still get real hung up on whats fair, not fair, right, not right, and all that stuff does sort itself out in the middle somewhere but it happens to some people much more naturally and at a much younger age than others just based on how their naturally wired.
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »
Except that I don't concider it a problem at all, it being most interesting as well as essential for the reaching of my goals. As for what I want in life, no worries, as there's not all that much to it. Hopefully find out if there is any damn meaning with existance (if there isn't, it's just a question of time before my life becomes wholly irrelevant in every shape and form), though I far from count on it, and trying to enjoy myself as much as possible in the meantime. There are some shorter-term goals of mine, but they are only relevant within their little scope, and in the end irrelevant. And as I explained earlier, emotions and rationality are not mutually exclusive; seeming as they can be useful and help giving a momentary illusion of meaning, I've chosen to keep and strengthen most of them while further developing my self-control.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 02:38:26 PM »
Your argument is too pro-eugenic for my liking.

This pre occupation with genetic engineering when the technology and the understand not to mention the practical applications are just not up to scratch at the moment is such a waste of energy when history can show you the culture and societies built on values that you would be after.

What is your opinion of the culture of the ancient greek city state of Sparta for example? While their arrogance in their superiority as the "first defenders of greece" lead to their downfall by the time of Alexander the greats rise to power in macedonia their culture was clearly built for domination. Considering they numbered in several thousand yet controlled a population of serfs that almost numbered a million within their territory. Their ideology and beliefs are fascinating

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 11:52:20 PM »
Nothing wrong with the idea of eugenics in itself; unfortunately, most associate the idea with a certain rather insane way of implementing it attempted in the past.

Some cultures share significant things with my ideals, but I have yet to find any near-perfect match, ancient Sparta included.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 07:36:51 AM »
nothing wrong with communism (the theory).
although the world has only witnessed poor examples of its implementation.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »
Eugenics is a much wider field, and has already been made use of in various ways throughout history. The previously mentioned spartans are an example; they implemented it by killing off the weak, ensuring only the strong survived and could reproduce.

There are a large variety of distinct ways of performing eugenics. Selective breeding has been used historically, irrationally and insanely directed genocide not all that long ago, and currently, prenatal testing and screening followed by abortion is widely in use, though to limited extent. Genetic engineering has yet to be tried for eugenics. Though not currently viable, it would far from surprise me if it both becomes so and is attempted within my lifetime; whether the end result would be disastrous or beneficial would depend on for what end it was performed.

Scrapheap

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 09:32:47 PM »
bump!