Author Topic: Homosexuality and the Bible  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Homosexuality and the Bible
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »
Who doesn't?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
Jesus created a New Covenant, the Ten Commandment where of the Old Covenant. They are good Ideals [Old Covenant] to live by but not of the New Covenant. So Christians do not live by the Old Covenant but the New Covenant which is Love.

I understand this but why is it a lot of the fundamentalists always refer to the Old Testament and living by that and not just the New Testament.  They pick and choose what suits them this is where I have a problem.

Given all the evil shit that's in the old testament, I PREFFER that they pick and choose, so long as they do a good job of it.  8)

I'd prefer they just go away or keep to themselves instead of trying to force their will on others.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline morthaur

• Dungeon Master of the Aspie Élite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »
Here are the words that were put into the word filter to be funny because some people were overusing them...
Ah, such a quick answer to my wee gripe!  Much obliged!
At least the list is short; I was worried that there were dozens of them, lying in wait to confuse me.  :green:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
Jesus created a New Covenant, the Ten Commandment where of the Old Covenant. They are good Ideals [Old Covenant] to live by but not of the New Covenant. So Christians do not live by the Old Covenant but the New Covenant which is Love.

I understand this but why is it a lot of the fundamentalists always refer to the Old Testament and living by that and not just the New Testament.  They pick and choose what suits them this is where I have a problem.
I would agree You that the fundamentalists are the problem in the end. They are wrong in the way that they use the Bible Old and New Testaments and interpret the Bible in the wrong way. They have Blinded Themselves to the true Meaning and Understanding and have no Real Knowledge of the True Covenants of God in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
A 'secular environment', in the context I was using, referred to a single household.  Many Jews in the West are raised with the knowledge of their Jewishness, but with no overt religious practice or feeling (in recent history this flowed in many cases from scars of the Holocaust, but Jews have been increasingly secularised since the 19th century).  Someone raised in a secular household may feel that their life is empty without metaphysical or transcendent meaning, and seek that in a common religion in their land of birth.

In broader terms, one might even call some countries a 'secular environment', as public religiosity is increasingly uncommon in, e.g., much of western Europe, and the secular status of many governments is encoded in the law (e.g., the USA & France).  In such environments, religion is not a matter of public or pervasive pressure--such as that found in many Muslim countries where religious law rules--and it is left to personal decision.  However, the nature of the religious community is seldom in any doubt; following the examples above, one can easily conclude that Roman Catholicism dominates French religious life and Protestantism (increasingly evangelical in nature) predominates in American culture.  Someone raised in a secular household and seeking a religious experience could easily enough sample this faith, no?
The environment isn't restricted to just the household.   If they were raised in a secular household it would be a different story, but you said environment origninally. The thing " such as those raised in a secular environment." is what you used, that implies that the community around them are also not Jewish (same with other family members outside of the immediate family).   My parents for example tried to convert my cousin to Christianity even though he wasn't raised as a Christian by my father's sister.   That isn't a secular environment, neither is anything else around people in most countries in the world.   That would be the villiage raises the child versus just the parents influencing the child in raising argument.   As much as we wish that the parents are the sole influence, they can only shelter a child so much.   China and the former Soviet Union were supposedly true secular environments.

You mistake my meaning.  I meant that Judaism penetrates and permeates the identity of those raised in full knowledge of their Jewishness, and that such an identity comes with easily-identifiable cultural markers that have wide circulation amongst co-religionists.  Judaism is not only a religion, it is a cultural and national identity.  Your reference to Celtic heritage has almost nothing akin to this; being raised with knowledge of Irish roots does not seem to predispose one to particular acts and traits in a similar way.
You think?  Then why the hell are close to all of my Irish relatives alcoholics with short tempers?  They don't follow their old religion due to Christianity taking over due to St. Patrick, that is all.   They are still Irish.   There is a cultural and national identity to being Irish, sorry to break it to you.   We still eat Corned beef and cabbage in my family for example, some also drink Guiness and Irish Coffee (uses Whiskey) too lol.

The knowledge, instilled by a religious faith, that one should live a certain way to avoid damnation does alter the way that one lives; it would have to!  If one sincerely believes in heaven and hell, one cannot live life without bearing those beliefs in mind, even if only in the back of one's mind.  And the simple fact of doing so means that religiously-inspired 'morality' trumps natural morality, leaving us with ridiculous presumptions with regard to right and wrong.  The common canard that religion makes people more ethical is destroyed by even a cursory examination of the evidence.

Anyroad, I admire your expressed position on the afterlife and this life, but I still feel that it contradicts even a basic, spiritualised acceptance of Christianity.
If you take the religion and agree with all of its tenants then yes it is your sole moral source.   That isn't exactly the way I live my life though if I am being perfectly honest with myself.

Why?  It offers both pleasure and procreation, so why should one have any stigma attached at all?  This is a perfect example of religious views intruding on natural grounds, offering bizarre rationalisations for denying life.  Sex, in its pleasurable aspects, is a part of this life; of human life.  Denying it in any way, whether through enforced social codes (strict monogamy, prohibition of extramarital sex, etc.) or internalised injunctions (as against masturbation) is, in my view, criminal in itself.  Christianity's obscene position on human sexuality (historically speaking) is reason enough to condemn it as immoral and unnatural; as anti-life.
Anti-life would mean not supporting pro-creation, and that is it to be honest.   Sex otherwise is just used nowadays to spread STDs and for pleasure outside of pregnancy attempts (of course they are meant for pleasure as well).   As someone who masturbates and has had sex outside of marriage, obviously I am not very rigid with this part of some religions including Christianity.

Thanks to Christianity's violent usurpation of Jewish history, sure!  But without the inherently-antisemitic theology of supercession, how could it be a 'step backward'?  Rather than, say, a step laterally, into a merely different condition?
The Jews still have everything they had before supposedly, nothing is denied to them if they do what they were supposed to do law wise in the first place.   I happen to like Pork among other things for instance (it is safe to eat you know).  Jesus is a whole different story entirely.

Were your feelings for Jesus restricted to the appreciation for his teaching noted above, I would say that I entirely share them, and that neither of our positions were religious.  Were you to restrict yourself to such an appreciation and combine that with "prayer to G-d", I would say that you practiced a thoroughly devolved form of Judaism.  But if you combine that appreciation for Jesus' teachings with the belief that Jesus is G-d / the 'son' of G-d, you have stepped thoroughly inside the Christian camp.  More so, in fact, than even the Mormons, who call themselves Christians despite a theology that entirely diverges from the fundamental identifying marks of faith.  In sum, I will suggest that your stated positions on Jesus and G-d make you a religious Christian, whether or not you identify with a particular denomination or set of beliefs and practices.  Simply believing in G-d makes you religious, by definition, and believing specifically in the notion that Jesus is G-d makes you a Christian.
See where I use the pronoun they/them (usually representing Christians) and my personal opinion.   I believe in a higher power that wants me to treat others as I would treat myself.   That is the extent of my belief, I doubt that is specific enough to be considered a religion.

Ah, but they are only such actions if they can be shown to have occurred, eh?  If all they are is stories, then they are not the "actions of an omnipotent G-d", but rather the moral, political, and military tales of an ancient Canaanite culture, with no more veracity as fact than the tales of Odin One-Eye or Gilgamesh.
That would be the faith part, you believe they happened due to faith.   The events and the faith are intertwined in this case.

This cuts, again, right to heart of my claim that yours is a religious faith.  You, too, have faith in those words, because they are the only source of practical (material) validation for your belief that Jesus is G-d.  Clearly the words that appear there about Jesus have some personal significance.  If someone showed (somehow) that none of it was accurate, what form then could such a faith as yours take?  Can there be a Christ without a Jesus?
I doubt that Jesus specifically said he was the Christ.   Even in the New Testament he refers to himself as the Son of Man, and not the Son of God at times.   Then there are times where he infers that he is God, but not directly.   Is there a possibility that this and everything else in any religion ever conceived period could have been changed?   Of course, because it has all passed through the hands of humans.

This is, depending on the reader's point of view, either a very rude assumption about the spiritual feelings of others, or an equally apt description of all non-insane members of a congregation!  :laugh:  Psychologically speaking, it is entirely possible for everyone to be 'faking it' (whether consciously or--in most cases--not) as a matter of course; or, they could all be feeling the same thing, irrespective of their desire to validate and believe the events in those ancient texts.
I am insane so yeah and I don't give a fuck about being rude in referring to attention whores who speak in tongues, dance in aisles, stand with hands reaching towards the sky, and handle snakes and such.   I feel a spiritual connection to my higher power differently in a way that does not necessarily attract attention to myself.   It is not unlike me daydreaming actually.

Many people did stand in the way, and Israel won its war of independence without any help from Europe or the US.  That fact alone makes it, in hindsight, an inevitability, no?  ;D  Its prosperity afterward, of course, did depend upon the actions of Europe (such as the French military assistance before and following the Suez Crisis, and the German economic aid that followed Adenauer's decision).

The rise of fascism certainly inspired emigration to Palestine, but this emigration was frequently stopped and had to proceed in small trickles, mostly illegally, for the entire latter period of British control.  Even in 1948, on the eve of independence, the British still kept emigrants from landing in Palestine with specially-constructed internment camps on Cyprus.  And by making fascism the principle motivator, you ignore the compelling ancient alien case which preceded it by several decades and which provided, by numbers, much more of the emigration to Palestine than came in the later 30s and 40s.  The British were far more lax about it in the early years of the Mandate.
Of course the Arabs have a different opinion on whether Britain supported the Jews over the Palestinians. 
http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/israel_studies/v007/7.3ozacky-lazar.html
Where did the Israelites get their weapons btw? 
http://www.marxists.org/history/etol/newspape/ni/vol18/no02/findley.html
This has a different view on Israeli immigration.   Of course these are the views of Marxists and Arabs.   Why would the Israelis only be using guns from U.S. in that era and the Arabs use Soviet weaponry?   The U.S. and plenty of other ancient alien supporters have given plenty of aid to Israel.   No direct support, more Cold War era stuff.

Oh?  They seem to have done a lousy job fighting the Haganah and Irgun in the Mandate era, and certainly in the wars that followed with the IDF.  Look at the early history of conflict in Palestine and then tell me that defeat was likely for the ancient aliens.  These were motivated, disciplined, well-equipped colonists, and they did as well against the Arabs as European armies had done only a short time before.
Again, how did the colonists get so well equipped and trained?  The ancient aliens were backed by the West.  The Jews in the area went from 7% land ownership to 55% after they got backing from the West (and the initial borders of Israel once it was made).   Arabs get weapons from Russia and the U.S. has supplied them to Israel.   France gave Israel its nuclear technology for plants (and of course this lead to their having nukes).    This is a big reason why Iran wants nukes in my opinion.

I didn't mean that the people deserved anything, but that the topic--if it is to be started--should be in a thread with an obvious title, which would more easily invite interested parties to join in.
I don't like to start threads actually.   I really don't care as this has gone just about as far in departing from its original subject.

This bring us neatly back to the main point made above.  I understand that your experience gave you a faith in G-d, but I question the form it has taken.  What makes it the Christian G-d that you revere, and not another, if not the culture in which you have been raised and the form of G-d with which you are most familiar?
The higher power related to me in a way that was pretty similar to what Jesus would say and not really the words of another type of figure.   The whole do unto others as you would do to yourself thing is funny because I was suicidal at the time.   That would be God telling me to kill others like I would kill myself haha.   That is what I thought at first.  If not for the part where I was told that this was not to be my purpose in life (killing myself), then I might have believed that I should kill others and myself in the same manner (well treat others).  I also like the concept of karma, or reaping what you sow (that wasn't a part of the message I received).

What opinions, you ask?  What, then, of the assertion that Jesus is G-d and/or the 'son of G-d?  That he died for our sins?  These are beliefs that you hold, yes?
I like the gesture of the forgiveness that is pretty much it.  Well that and how he lived his life for the most part.

I have slept with my head in the toilet many times and it was nothing like praying or med-ita-ting.   That is when I am so fucking drunk that I can't bother to get up and walk to my bed after a long puking session.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline morthaur

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »
The environment isn't restricted to just the household.   If they were raised in a secular household it would be a different story, but you said environment origninally. The thing " such as those raised in a secular environment." is what you used, that implies that the community around them are also not Jewish (same with other family members outside of the immediate family)....
I know what I said.  And that word is used quite commonly to mean exactly what I intended: the immediate influences on a person, i.e., their family.

You mistake my meaning.  I meant that Judaism penetrates and permeates the identity of those raised in full knowledge of their Jewishness, and that such an identity comes with easily-identifiable cultural markers that have wide circulation amongst co-religionists.  Judaism is not only a religion, it is a cultural and national identity.  Your reference to Celtic heritage has almost nothing akin to this; being raised with knowledge of Irish roots does not seem to predispose one to particular acts and traits in a similar way.
You think?  Then why the hell are close to all of my Irish relatives alcoholics with short tempers?  They don't follow their old religion due to Christianity taking over due to St. Patrick, that is all.   They are still Irish.   There is a cultural and national identity to being Irish, sorry to break it to you.   We still eat Corned beef and cabbage in my family for example, some also drink Guiness and Irish Coffee (uses Whiskey) too lol.
Does anyone else want to try and explain the difference here?  Anyone?

Look, St Patrick got to the Irish in the 5th fucking century.  And the English came pretty quickly thereafter.  What is to-day celebrated as "Irish" culture in the US has very little to do with either the historic, pre-colonial Irish civillisation or the way the Irish live to-day.  That is, aside from the hard-drinking part!  ;D  Now, if you can point to where the Irish Community Centre in your town is, show me how much money is being raised to send goods to Ireland, talk about the local youth groups for Irish kids only, and tell me how many people you know that speak Gaelic only, we might have a better comparison.  In national terms, you just can't.  Small-scale revivals with individuals learning Gaelic are not the same as being raised in a Yiddish-only community, for instance.

Admittedly there are more people of Irish descent in the US than there are people in Ireland, and by a healthy margin!  And strong early discrimination here did much to mark the community and keep its pride in origins.  But there are, in practice, very few cultural markers than make the Irish, or Irish-descended, entirely different from their neighbours.  And there is no self-conscious effort on the part of the Irish-descended to hold themselves apart and preserve their culture, as there is for Jews in the US.  I can point to streets in New York where no-one bothers to learn English, for cryin' out loud!

Why?  It offers both pleasure and procreation, so why should one have any stigma attached at all?  This is a perfect example of religious views intruding on natural grounds, offering bizarre rationalisations for denying life.  Sex, in its pleasurable aspects, is a part of this life; of human life.  Denying it in any way, whether through enforced social codes (strict monogamy, prohibition of extramarital sex, etc.) or internalised injunctions (as against masturbation) is, in my view, criminal in itself.  Christianity's obscene position on human sexuality (historically speaking) is reason enough to condemn it as immoral and unnatural; as anti-life.
Anti-life would mean not supporting pro-creation, and that is it to be honest.   Sex otherwise is just used nowadays to spread STDs and for pleasure outside of pregnancy attempts (of course they are meant for pleasure as well).   As someone who masturbates and has had sex outside of marriage, obviously I am not very rigid with this part of some religions including Christianity.
No, I intend "anti-life" to mean the denial of anything that is a normal and healthy part of living.  If I deny that my nose produces snot, and I take a religious vow never to blow or pick it, I am going to have snot dripping into my beard.  That's just stupid!  Snot is a normal part of the nose's functioning, and to deny it for religious reasons is to deny a part of normal biology, hence life.  The denial of normal sexual function is no different, and is far more socially damaging in my opinion than the disgusting analogy above...

Thanks to Christianity's violent usurpation of Jewish history, sure!  But without the inherently-antisemitic theology of supercession, how could it be a 'step backward'?  Rather than, say, a step laterally, into a merely different condition?
The Jews still have everything they had before supposedly, nothing is denied to them if they do what they were supposed to do law wise in the first place.   I happen to like Pork among other things for instance (it is safe to eat you know).  Jesus is a whole different story entirely.
No, they do not "have everything".  You, in your Bible, have an "old testament" which was stolen from the Jewish people, and it has been re-interpreted completely to point to your Christ.  In effect, the sacred books of Judaism were co-opted, and the Jews told that they did not know how to read their own history and scripture.  This is one example only and we could go on and on about the theological and practical effects of supercession.  Christianity's declaration of itself as the "true Israel" has justified countless crimes against the Jews, from the Roman era to the Holocaust.  Traditional Christian theology, in fact, teaches that the Jews should be kept in a state of perpetual misery as a punishment for rejecting Christ.  This view is kept alive by millions.  Christian theology in fact makes little sense if the Jews are not treated as inferiors.

Of course the Arabs have a different opinion on whether Britain supported the Jews over the Palestinians....
Frequently the Arab view is as distorted as the Israeli one.  But I am not in any way denying that the ancient aliens used European and American weapons.  They were a colonial force, after all!  But the European nations were not involved in the war for independence.  Take that as you will.  It makes little sense to argue about this, as I am not exactly a ancient alien myself!  My perspective is closer that expressed in Avi Shlaim's The Iron Wall.

Oh?  They seem to have done a lousy job fighting the Haganah and Irgun in the Mandate era, and certainly in the wars that followed with the IDF.  Look at the early history of conflict in Palestine and then tell me that defeat was likely for the ancient aliens.  These were motivated, disciplined, well-equipped colonists, and they did as well against the Arabs as European armies had done only a short time before.
Again, how did the colonists get so well equipped and trained?  The ancient aliens were backed by the West.  The Jews in the area went from 7% land ownership to 55% after they got backing from the West (and the initial borders of Israel once it was made).   Arabs get weapons from Russia and the U.S. has supplied them to Israel.
The colonists "got so well equipped" because many of them were Europeans and Americans!  As an analogy, how did the Boers get so much better equipped than the Zulus?  It wasn't because the Dutch were arming them!  And anyway, the ancient aliens (well, most of them) voted to accept the UN partition, just as they had voted to accept the earlier Peel plan as well.  Whether or not they would have been content with a smaller state is a matter of debate; the Irgun folks certainly would not have.  But regardless, they ended up with more territory when the Palestinians revolted rather than accept a Jewish state, and the Arab armies--with no particular interest in the Palestinians themselves--decided to invade.  Training is another issue where the European roots of the ancient aliens was critical.  They did not need training from the European armies, because they were Europeans!  Look at the history of the IDF's precursors.  They were as often used against the British as against the Arabs.

France gave Israel its nuclear technology for plants (and of course this lead to their having nukes).    This is a big reason why Iran wants nukes in my opinion.
I figure that Iran wants nuclear weapons in order to, a) deter a Western invasion, and b) to dominate the region's politics.  This latter is why Egypt and Saudi Arabia are discussing going nuclear, so that a Shia theocracy is not the overbearing regional superpower.  But again, this is a topic best entered elsewhere.

What opinions, you ask?  What, then, of the assertion that Jesus is G-d and/or the 'son of G-d?  That he died for our sins?  These are beliefs that you hold, yes?
I like the gesture of the forgiveness that is pretty much it.  Well that and how he lived his life for the most part.
Are you saying that this is not your opinion, then? :
Jesus in mortal form dying without sin was the entire point of his sacrifice.   It was God in mortal human form dying without sin and still being seperated from the Father that made it a sacrifice no matter how long the period of time spent in hell supposedly Christ went through.   Right before his death, Jesus was flooded with all of the sins made by humanity then and in the future.  That was his whole point of existence.  After his death he paid their punishment.   That is the reason people do not have to suffer in hell but are able to enter heaven.  His suffering was both on earth and after his death in hell, the pain he felt has nothing to do with him seeking pleasure.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »
I know what I said.  And that word is used quite commonly to mean exactly what I intended: the immediate influences on a person, i.e., their family.
I would personally use the term secular household, not environment.   I get what you meant though, it seems natural enough to go towards the religion of your nation.   

Does anyone else want to try and explain the difference here?  Anyone?

Look, St Patrick got to the Irish in the 5th fucking century.  And the English came pretty quickly thereafter.  What is to-day celebrated as "Irish" culture in the US has very little to do with either the historic, pre-colonial Irish civillisation or the way the Irish live to-day.  That is, aside from the hard-drinking part!  ;D  Now, if you can point to where the Irish Community Centre in your town is, show me how much money is being raised to send goods to Ireland, talk about the local youth groups for Irish kids only, and tell me how many people you know that speak Gaelic only, we might have a better comparison.  In national terms, you just can't.  Small-scale revivals with individuals learning Gaelic are not the same as being raised in a Yiddish-only community, for instance.

Admittedly there are more people of Irish descent in the US than there are people in Ireland, and by a healthy margin!  And strong early discrimination here did much to mark the community and keep its pride in origins.  But there are, in practice, very few cultural markers than make the Irish, or Irish-descended, entirely different from their neighbours.  And there is no self-conscious effort on the part of the Irish-descended to hold themselves apart and preserve their culture, as there is for Jews in the US.  I can point to streets in New York where no-one bothers to learn English, for cryin' out loud!
I see plenty of Irish pubs around here actually and there is a club for people with Irish bloodlines.  The JCA (Jewish Community Alliance) here is attached to a synagogue.   The maiin reason why the Jewish culture has survived is because its people are tight knit due to the religion and their connection with it regardless of whether they believe or not.  Their is no common religion amongst only Irish people, therefore they have no connection so to speak in that regard.   Hell even the people who run some of the Irish pubs here aren't even fucking Irish.   Go to Boston, Massachusetts and my father's old neighborhood and you will see a different thing entirely regarding Irish people.

No, I intend "anti-life" to mean the denial of anything that is a normal and healthy part of living.  If I deny that my nose produces snot, and I take a religious vow never to blow or pick it, I am going to have snot dripping into my beard.  That's just stupid!  Snot is a normal part of the nose's functioning, and to deny it for religious reasons is to deny a part of normal biology, hence life.  The denial of normal sexual function is no different, and is far more socially damaging in my opinion than the disgusting analogy above...
Except that snot is waste and sperm is produced for fertilizing the female egg.    I don't agree with the Bible's stance on sex, but it is what it is.   This thread wasn't asking for my personal opinion afterall.

No, they do not "have everything".  You, in your Bible, have an "old testament" which was stolen from the Jewish people, and it has been re-interpreted completely to point to your Christ.  In effect, the sacred books of Judaism were co-opted, and the Jews told that they did not know how to read their own history and scripture.  This is one example only and we could go on and on about the theological and practical effects of supercession.  Christianity's declaration of itself as the "true Israel" has justified countless crimes against the Jews, from the Roman era to the Holocaust.  Traditional Christian theology, in fact, teaches that the Jews should be kept in a state of perpetual misery as a punishment for rejecting Christ.  This view is kept alive by millions.  Christian theology in fact makes little sense if the Jews are not treated as inferiors.
The Jews are still God's people from what I read of what Jesus said on the matter.   I really hear nothing about what should be done with or to the Jews in regard to religion in churches.   Jews are always referred to as God's chosen people.   I really don't see where they lose anything other than not going to heaven for the same reason as everyone else.   If you don't believe in Christianity then that doesn't matter anyways.

Frequently the Arab view is as distorted as the Israeli one.  But I am not in any way denying that the ancient aliens used European and American weapons.  They were a colonial force, after all!  But the European nations were not involved in the war for independence.  Take that as you will.  It makes little sense to argue about this, as I am not exactly a ancient alien myself!  My perspective is closer that expressed in Avi Shlaim's The Iron Wall.
They didn't send troops, but aid and weapons are seen as support lol.

The colonists "got so well equipped" because many of them were Europeans and Americans!  As an analogy, how did the Boers get so much better equipped than the Zulus?  It wasn't because the Dutch were arming them!  And anyway, the ancient aliens (well, most of them) voted to accept the UN partition, just as they had voted to accept the earlier Peel plan as well.  Whether or not they would have been content with a smaller state is a matter of debate; the Irgun folks certainly would not have.  But regardless, they ended up with more territory when the Palestinians revolted rather than accept a Jewish state, and the Arab armies--with no particular interest in the Palestinians themselves--decided to invade.  Training is another issue where the European roots of the ancient aliens was critical.  They did not need training from the European armies, because they were Europeans!  Look at the history of the IDF's precursors.  They were as often used against the British as against the Arabs.
Whoever gets the superior technology gets the best support and that is why they won whatever war they were fighting.   More cold war crap.

I figure that Iran wants nuclear weapons in order to, a) deter a Western invasion, and b) to dominate the region's politics.  This latter is why Egypt and Saudi Arabia are discussing going nuclear, so that a Shia theocracy is not the overbearing regional superpower.  But again, this is a topic best entered elsewhere.
Israel is the only enemy that Iran would have a delivery system with range to hit if they had nukes.   The whole reason Hezbollah exists is due to Lebanon's conflict with Israel lol.   That is an organization paid for by the Iranian government.  National pride is a factor, but the U.S. being in Iraq has hastened their want of nukes.   Iran has wanted more weaponry in the past just to feed the campaign against Israel they have Hezbollah running.  That has been going on for a long time.

Are you saying that this is not your opinion, then? :
That is the point to why Jesus died on the cross as far as what the Bible says.   This was in context with Calandale's post regarding Jesus dying and feeling pain without sexual love having ever been present.   As a human that may or may not have ever had sex (the Bible doesn't say that Jesus had sex, so it is assumed he did not), of course he felt suffering on the cross.  That post was pretty much what I interpret from the Bible's story of Jesus being crucified.   It isn't my opinion on the matter because obviously I was not a first hand witness, nevermind a second hand one.   There is some of my opinion in this thread, but most of it deals with me wanting to kill everyone regardless of faith or other factors.   That really isn't Christian at all lol.   The voice I heard did not identify itself as Jesus, nor did it say anything about whether he died for our sins or whatever.   That still is what the Bible says.   The point of the thread was what the Bible says in regards to Homosexuality, I just started with my interpretations on other matters as they came up.   If I believed everything I read then I guess it would be my opinion.   Just like if I post some shit I quoted in the Quran and my interpretation of that quote, does it make it my opinion as well?   It is how I interpret what I read.   Kind of like when I try to make sense of what Randy or someone else types.

Offline morthaur

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2007, 09:39:51 PM »
Except that snot is waste and sperm is produced for fertilizing the female egg.    I don't agree with the Bible's stance on sex, but it is what it is.   This thread wasn't asking for my personal opinion afterall.
Snot is no more a waste product than blood is!  And it is only the Christian obsession with procreation that drives your rationale here, not any sense of the facts in my opinion.

The Jews are still God's people from what I read of what Jesus said on the matter.   I really hear nothing about what should be done with or to the Jews in regard to religion in churches.   Jews are always referred to as God's chosen people.   I really don't see where they lose anything other than not going to heaven for the same reason as everyone else.   If you don't believe in Christianity then that doesn't matter anyways.
Okay, I just don't have time to delve into the history of Christian-Jewish relations, nor to elucidate the practical implications of orthodox Christian theology.  Pick up a simple book like Christian Antisemitism by William Nicholls as a good starting point.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2007, 09:47:48 PM »
Snot is no more a waste product than blood is!  And it is only the Christian obsession with procreation that drives your rationale here, not any sense of the facts in my opinion.
Ugh that is what the Bible says, not necessarily how I feel about sex.   Blood is something we need a certain amount of to continue living lol...   You do not need snot in your body to survive.   Without sperm the human race would not exist, we couldn't procreate.   Would have to resort to cloning and that isn't reliable enough.   That being said I enjoy sex too much to give it up just because the Bible says it is wrong lol.   Anyways.

Okay, I just don't have time to delve into the history of Christian-Jewish relations, nor to elucidate the practical implications of orthodox Christian theology.  Pick up a simple book like Christian Antisemitism by William Nicholls as a good starting point.
Maybe when I am done reading all the books I have to read this semester.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »
Alex

If the Jews where still God's People they would still be worshiping in the Temple. That is apart of the Old Covenant. We would have to worship in the Temple too. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70CE. Even today there is no Temple to worship at it is a Mosque on the site were the Temple was at. Even when Israel became a nation in 1948 They did not control Jerusalem until 1967 even then they did not built the Temple again.

The Jews where exiled From Babylon for 70 years then rebuilt the Temple. Even God would not exile the Jews for almost 2000 years if they where still His Choosen People.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2007, 12:10:01 AM »
Jews are totally the chosen people. chosen to be hot.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Scrapheap

« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2007, 12:23:05 AM »
I want a horny little Jewish Princess

Offline morthaur

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #252 on: September 20, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »
Even God would not exile the Jews for almost 2000 years if they where still His Choosen People.
Is this really any different than saying,
"G-d would not make the Christians wait 2000 years for the Second Coming if they were really His Chosen People"...?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #253 on: September 20, 2007, 01:11:54 AM »
I believe there never is an end
God gave up this world its people long ago
Why she's never there I still don't understand

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »
Even God would not exile the Jews for almost 2000 years if they where still His Choosen People.
Is this really any different than saying,
"G-d would not make the Christians wait 2000 years for the Second Coming if they were really His Chosen People"...?
God has let this go on for a reason. Satan is the one that has issues with God. We have become apart of it because of Adam and Eve put Us in these issues between God and Satan. We have the ability to choose. Not even the Angels of Heaven or Demons of Hell can even yet truly understand that. God and Satan have been at odds about this and will yet be settled in time. Even We are apart of it and have Our Free Will to choose one or the other. We are All apart of this Great Issue between God and Satan even if We do not want to be.

This issue is not about Religions it about Spirituality. What We All do with it as a individual. In certain way We are greater than the Angels or Demons because this Issue is about Understanding good and bad or Good and Evil. We lost Our Perfection years ago so it hard for Us even to Understand even now today.

We are the Freest for We can choose what We want to do. That ability has gotten Us in a lot of trouble and has cause a lot of trouble for Us in the end. We are the freest between the Angels and Demons, God and Satan. Because We all have this Issue before Us and have become apart of this Great Issue Altogether. It is greater than All the Knowledge and Understandings of Mankind today. Though We are apart of it it has become apart of Us, even if We like it or not.

All the Religions do nothing for they teach religions not truly spirituality that is why We have problems Understanding it All in the end. Though We are driven in Our own way to do so.

Ultimately that is the Truth. We make or not it is up to us to decide for Ourselves as a Individual.
Guardian of the Empire