Educational

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9538 times)

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
Re: Hello
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
i'll be dead when i m 18 lol when i get out of rehab im going to start using again

:'(
Yeah totally depressing that it actually happened.

I am dazed from seeing that post. I still think I could have done more, or others could have done more. Maybe, in the end, there was nothing any of us could do. She was one of the first people I talked to on Wrong Planet. It was late at night, my time, and she was upset about how she was treated at school and was talking about killing herself. I stayed up half the night posting to her to not let those things get to her and not to think that way. It still pisses me off that people insinuated I was hitting on her last summer. I thought of her like a little sister, or even a daughter. We joked back and forth. She was so much fun to talk to. She deserved better in this life.

Most people are idiots - fuck them up the ass.

batcat

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
i'll be dead when i m 18 lol when i get out of rehab im going to start using again

I am dazed from seeing that post. I still think I could have done more, or others could have done more. Maybe, in the end, there was nothing any of us could do. She was one of the first people I talked to on Wrong Planet. It was late at night, my time, and she was upset about how she was treated at school and was talking about killing herself. I stayed up half the night posting to her to not let those things get to her and not to think that way. It still pisses me off that people insinuated I was hitting on her last summer. I thought of her like a little sister, or even a daughter. We joked back and forth. She was so much fun to talk to. She deserved better in this life.

Most people are idiots - fuck them up the ass.

True! If this was just about me I would, but this affected other people and that really got to me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:04:21 AM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »

I'm still sad about her ending her life, but I think that in the end there was nothing anyone could do.  I don't think that her friends could have tried any harder to save her.  She actually seemed to be doing better and then she just ended it.

This is a very common pattern that fits many suicides. Once the final resolve is reached and plans are made, it seems that some who kill themselves are under less stress, seem to be "improving,"  then it's done.
It's very sad, but at least she did not turn herself into a meat-vegetable.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »

I'm still sad about her ending her life, but I think that in the end there was nothing anyone could do.  I don't think that her friends could have tried any harder to save her.  She actually seemed to be doing better and then she just ended it.

This is a very common pattern that fits many suicides. Once the final resolve is reached and plans are made, it seems that some who kill themselves are under less stress, seem to be "improving,"  then it's done.
I think so too, but don't understand the meat-vegetable comment.  ???
batcat

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »

I had a friend who shot himself in the head (long ago), but he missed the vital areas and destroyed the frontal parts of his brain. He was still a living meat-vegetable (consciousness, with some limited motor function, but not apparent purpose), last time I heard anything. It's been almost twenty years.

I was so pissed at him (hurting actually) when he did this, that I ended up alienated myself from his family by saying cruel things, like how he always fucked everything up, even THIS and other vile crap. He was conscious - lights on, but no one home, type of thing. I think that result was worse than if he had taken out his medulla.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:19:53 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »

I had a friend who shot himself in the head (long ago), but he missed the vital areas and destroyed the frontal parts of his brain. He was still a living meat-vegetable (consciousness, with some limited motor function, but not apparent purpose), last time I heard anything. It's been almost twenty years.

I was so pissed at him (hurting actually) when he did this, that I ended up alienated myself from his family by saying cruel things, like how he always fucked everything up, even THIS and other vile crap. He was conscious - lights on, but no one home, type of thing. I think that result was worse than if he had taken out his medulla.

Yes, I see what you mean now.
I suppose you harbored thoughts of putting him out of his misery yourself.
I don't know if the result was worse (for him or for others) than doing the job properly, but it's fucking rough either way. 
batcat

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
Yeah, and I saw a movie at school where this Japanese girl through herself in front of a train to kill herself and ended up losing both her legs and one arm. After that, she started travelling around and trying to convince other kids not to kill themselves. The thing that really sucks about the young lady on WP is so many people really liked her and tried to help but there was nothing they could do in the end.